Windows 10: Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to...

Discus and support Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone !!I recently bought a brand new HDD, and am now in the process of copying the content from my old HDDs into this new one.I successfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FoxTrotte, May 25, 2023.

1. FoxTrotte Win User

Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to...

Hello everyone !!I recently bought a brand new HDD, and am now in the process of copying the content from my old HDDs into this new one.I successfully managed to copy 2/3 hard drives, but I have an issue with the third one.I started the copy last night, and when I woke up this morning the copy had stopped at 79%, showing no movement on the graph whatsoever.I stopped the copy, rebooted, started the copy again, and it got stuck at the exact same file, not being able to carry on copying.I thought maybe the file was the issue it's just a random PNG named 00000000.png, so I deleted it, started t

:)

FoxTrotte, May 25, 2023
  2. Krazy Owl Win User

What software to copy HDD ?

I got everything already installed on a 250gigs hdd and wanna transfer the whole setup to a 320gig more recent hdd.

I want it really simple.

Do I just copy and paste the C: to send it to the other drive or i use a software you can suggest me?

I will just open the case plug in the free hdd and copy files there. Then after screw it there and close the case.

Thank you.

Krazy Owl, May 25, 2023
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to... 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 25, 2023
  4. temp02 Win User

Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to...

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to... - Similar Threads - Copying content HDD

2. Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to...: Hello everyone !!I recently bought a brand new HDD, and am now in the process of copying the content from my old HDDs into this new one.I successfully managed to copy 2/3 hard drives, but I have an issue with the third one.I started the copy last night, and when I woke up...
  3. Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying the content of one HDD to another, the copy stops at one point and doesn't want to...: Hello everyone !!I recently bought a brand new HDD, and am now in the process of copying the content from my old HDDs into this new one.I successfully managed to copy 2/3 hard drives, but I have an issue with the third one.I started the copy last night, and when I woke up...
  4. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  5. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  6. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  8. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  9. Copying files from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files from one computer to another.: I have several NTFS formatted portable HDDs that when new files are copied onto them from one machine and I attempt to read them on another machine the new files don't appear. I've tried to use chkdsk in command mode with the /f switch, but that will not run because I'm...
  10. COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER: I have over 7000 photos in file explorer on my old Toshiba laptop - What is the simplest way to copy these files to my new laptop - Both operate Windows 10 - Any advice gratefully received....