Windows 10: Copying to Clipboard causes crashes

Discus and support Copying to Clipboard causes crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A week or two ago I started getting crashes in excel anytime I copied a cell. Then anytime I took a screen snip the program would crash. I also use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StasKras, Jul 9, 2021.

1. StasKras Win User

Copying to Clipboard causes crashes

A week or two ago I started getting crashes in excel anytime I copied a cell. Then anytime I took a screen snip the program would crash. I also use bluebeam and if i do a snapshot which is like a screen snip the program crashes.All of these result in the same error message within event viewer and I haven't found any solution yet. Now all of my users 100+ are reporting the same sorts of issues to me so I believe some Windows update is the cause.Event Viewer:Faulting application name: Revu.exe, version: 19.1.20.129, time stamp: 0x5ebf9bd7 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.10

:)

StasKras, Jul 9, 2021

2. Does hibernate save windows clipboard copy file ?

The clipboard is NOT a file. It holds its data in memory.

The clipboard data does survive a hibernation.

You could easily answer the question yourself like so:

1. Press PrtSc
    2. Hibernate
    3. Return from hibernation
    4. Open Word
    5. Press Ctrl+V to paste the clipboard's contents.

Frederik Long, Jul 9, 2021
  3. JF1337 Win User
    Clipboard

My windows 10 computer has a clipboard feature where if I want to copy something, I have to click copy and paste stuff from the clipboard. I would much rather use the Windows key + C and Windows key + V for easier access and because it is quicker. Is there
    a step-by-step procedure that someone can tell me to turn clipboard off and use Windows C and V instead?

JF1337, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

clipboard

Hi Randy,

This might be possible if there is an option from the app to copy the file path of each clipboards. As per our research, the clipboard manager lets you copy texts but not images. We suggest checking the functionalities of the clipboard manager and contacting
    the app developer directly to have better assistance on how copy the clipboards.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Copying to Clipboard causes crashes - Similar Threads - Copying Clipboard causes

2. Copy a doc to clipboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy a doc to clipboard.: How do I copy an entire doc not just the visible screen so I could paste to WordPad and save it. I do not want to scroll down to end with snipe app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-a-doc-to-clipboard/388e3dd3-53fc-467d-994c-065e50e12e87
  3. Copy a doc to clipboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy a doc to clipboard.: How do I copy an entire doc not just the visible screen so I could paste to WordPad and save it. I do not want to scroll down to end with snipe app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-a-doc-to-clipboard/388e3dd3-53fc-467d-994c-065e50e12e87
  4. Snip only copying to clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip only copying to clipboard: When I snip sometimes it only copies to the clipboard not the app. This means that I cannot save it, I have to paste it into Word and then save that, which is lower quality...
  5. Snip only copying to clipboard

Snip only copying to clipboard: When I snip sometimes it only copies to the clipboard not the app. This means that I cannot save it, I have to paste it into Word and then save that, which is lower quality...
  6. how to copy clipboard to paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to copy clipboard to paint: how to copy clipboard to paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-clipboard-to-paint/abb8e2fb-65b7-4f68-b07b-8f8c80e5547a
  7. how to copy clipboard to paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to copy clipboard to paint: how to copy clipboard to paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-clipboard-to-paint/abb8e2fb-65b7-4f68-b07b-8f8c80e5547a
  8. how to copy clipboard to paint

9. Copying waveform data to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying waveform data to clipboard?: Hello, This question is in regards to the Windows Clipboard: I remember using generic audio recorders like Sound Recorder and copying waveform audio data orsounds, if you don't understand me, and then pasting them into OpenMPT the software I use to compose my music....
  10. prior "copy (to clipboard)" items

prior "copy (to clipboard)" items: question concerning the 'clipboard' function in Windows 10: as has happened many times while making a fairly long response to a post on FB (having suffered the very frustrating experience of completely 'losing' a response i had spent some time crafting); after cursing Mark...