Windows 10: Copying video file to be played on dvd player

Discus and support Copying video file to be played on dvd player in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have home movies that I transferred from vhs to dvd using the dubbing function in my vcr/dvd recorder. After it was done, I selected "finalize", and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PamT1957, Dec 5, 2018.

1. PamT1957 Win User

Copying video file to be played on dvd player

I have home movies that I transferred from vhs to dvd using the dubbing function in my vcr/dvd recorder. After it was done, I selected "finalize", and was able to play the movies on another dvd player. Now I want to make copies on additional dvds. I was able to copy the files from the dvd to my desktop. Then I was able to copy the files from my desktop to a blank dvd, which gave me "files ready to be written to the disc". I selected "burn to disc" in the "share" menu item (windows 10), and it seems like this did something - it took about 10-15 min. to do. But when I try to play the disc on my dvd player, the player keeps spitting out the disc.

:)

PamT1957, Dec 5, 2018

2. Help me copy video files to a dvd.

Hi Jim,

The challenge you're experiencing with copying video files to a disc might be due to a misconfiguration of a device driver. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Were you able to burn a disk before by performing the same method?
    • Have you tried using a different DVD and see if the same issue occurs?
    • Are you using a re-writable DVD?
    • Is the issue isolated to video files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we advise burning a data DVD using the Windows Media Player. For the
    steps on how to perform this operation, please refer to this support article. Follow the instructions
    under the section: Burn an audio CD (or a data CD or DVD). The steps from the article apply to Windows 10 as well.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Dec 5, 2018
  3. bobkn Win User
    No DVD Burner in win10

I'm not familiar with the formatting of DVD video disks, but I doubt that just copying files will get you there.

video_ts is a folder, not a file. It contains the data files, including the video (.vob).

You may want to stick with a version that can burn the DVD without any additional steps.

bobkn, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Copying video file to be played on dvd player

Playing a DVD on a TV

Hi Tony,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with DVD player. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is compatibility issue with either DVD format or DVD video file while playing on DVD player.

As a workaround, I suggest you to try to burn the video in another file such as .avi File into the DVD and check if it is playing on the DVD player.

Also you can check the issue by burning the video in another type of DVD or try burning the Video in CD. Check if you are able to play it.

If the issue still persist, then I suggest you to contact the manufacture of the DVD player for further support.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Copying video file to be played on dvd player

1. Copying video file to be played on dvd player - Similar Threads - Copying video file

2. Copy Video On Internet to DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Video On Internet to DVD: Is there a way to copy a video from the internet to a DVD on my desktop using MS Edge ? Is it legal ? This is a documentary video that is about 90 minutes long and I would like to watch it on my TV so I do not to eat up my internet usage each time I watch it....
  3. Copy Video On Internet to DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Video On Internet to DVD: Is there a way to copy a video from the internet to a DVD on my desktop using MS Edge ? Is it legal ? This is a documentary video that is about 90 minutes long and I would like to watch it on my TV so I do not to eat up my internet usage each time I watch it....
  4. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  5. External DVD player not Playing

External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  6. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  7. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  8. VIDEO EDITOR AFTER FINSHING WILL IT PLAY ON DVD PLAYER

VIDEO EDITOR AFTER FINSHING WILL IT PLAY ON DVD PLAYER: HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-editor-after-finshing-will-it-play-on-dvd/116e8dd8-9c34-45d5-b704-100e73344eae
  9. Copied or Moved Video Files Will Not Play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copied or Moved Video Files Will Not Play: I am running Windows 10 Pro. My issue is this: when I copy or paste a video file MP4, MKV, AVI etc., the file will not open in Windows Media Player, VLC Player or Divx. The file plays fine in its original location, but once moved, will not open. I do get an error from Windows...
  10. Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.: After installing WIN 10 my dvd players will not play movies. When I put one in i get directed to Microsoft store????I look under properties and it says this device is working properly. I shut off then disconnected both dvd's Started up then shut off and re installed both...