Windows 10: Copying video file to be played on dvd player

Discus and support Copying video file to be played on dvd player in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have home movies that I transferred from vhs to dvd using the dubbing function in my vcr/dvd recorder. After it was done, I selected "finalize", and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PamT1957, Dec 5, 2018.

1. PamT1957 Win User

Copying video file to be played on dvd player

I have home movies that I transferred from vhs to dvd using the dubbing function in my vcr/dvd recorder. After it was done, I selected "finalize", and was able to play the movies on another dvd player. Now I want to make copies on additional dvds. I was able to copy the files from the dvd to my desktop. Then I was able to copy the files from my desktop to a blank dvd, which gave me "files ready to be written to the disc". I selected "burn to disc" in the "share" menu item (windows 10), and it seems like this did something - it took about 10-15 min. to do. But when I try to play the disc on my dvd player, the player keeps spitting out the disc.

:)

PamT1957, Dec 5, 2018

2. Help me copy video files to a dvd.

Hi Jim,

The challenge you're experiencing with copying video files to a disc might be due to a misconfiguration of a device driver. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Were you able to burn a disk before by performing the same method?
    • Have you tried using a different DVD and see if the same issue occurs?
    • Are you using a re-writable DVD?
    • Is the issue isolated to video files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we advise burning a data DVD using the Windows Media Player. For the
    steps on how to perform this operation, please refer to this support article. Follow the instructions
    under the section: Burn an audio CD (or a data CD or DVD). The steps from the article apply to Windows 10 as well.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Dec 5, 2018
  3. bobkn Win User
    No DVD Burner in win10

I'm not familiar with the formatting of DVD video disks, but I doubt that just copying files will get you there.

video_ts is a folder, not a file. It contains the data files, including the video (.vob).

You may want to stick with a version that can burn the DVD without any additional steps.

bobkn, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Copying video file to be played on dvd player

Playing a DVD on a TV

Hi Tony,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with DVD player. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is compatibility issue with either DVD format or DVD video file while playing on DVD player.

As a workaround, I suggest you to try to burn the video in another file such as .avi File into the DVD and check if it is playing on the DVD player.

Also you can check the issue by burning the video in another type of DVD or try burning the Video in CD. Check if you are able to play it.

If the issue still persist, then I suggest you to contact the manufacture of the DVD player for further support.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Copying video file to be played on dvd player

1. Copying video file to be played on dvd player - Similar Threads - Copying video file

2. Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.: After installing WIN 10 my dvd players will not play movies. When I put one in i get directed to Microsoft store????I look under properties and it says this device is working properly. I shut off then disconnected both dvd's Started up then shut off and re installed both...
  3. MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD

in Windows 10 Customization
    MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD: Media player is not playing DVD movie says disc is empty when it is a movie DVD. I have tried going into the Files ,Play View and Tools sections to work it out but all dead ends .I'm running Windows 10. What can I do ?...
  4. Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player: Закупих и инсталирах посоченото по-горе приложение,но въпреки това не мога да възпроизвеждам DVD.Не знам защо сте изтеглили сумата 31 лв два пъти.Моля да ми възстановите сума от 62 лв. С...
  5. DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player

DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player: Bought Microsoft DVD player downloaded but will not play my DVD home movies. Says something about finding or wrong 'D' Path? But does play one that I insert that was copied from USB to DVD okay? ***Modified title from: Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I...
  6. windows 10how do i make video to play on a dvd player

windows 10how do i make video to play on a dvd player: how do i make video to play on a dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/2dbf04b3-0f05-49da-9055-baf144330789
  7. Media Player wont play ANY video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player wont play ANY video files: Plays music files but not video file No error message, no warning windows, nothing. Player just goes away and thats it. Fresh install of Windows 10 x64. Downloaded and installed directx files as usual. Event viewer shows - System - Provider [ Name] Application...
  8. Windows DVD player won't play

Windows DVD player won't play: It was working, now it's not. My Windows DVD player won't play. Neither will my VLC Media player. This started after the last Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-dvd-player-wont-play/4d6b0de9-9195-451a-beba-81bcd6cb4b2e
  9. Creating a DVD To Play On Home DVD Player?

Creating a DVD To Play On Home DVD Player?: Hi computing experts, I've got DVD Flick installed but it's been a long time since I used DVD Flick to create a DVD. Is DVD Flick still the easiest way for me to put .MP4 files and .AVI files onto a DVD that'll be playable on a TV? The last DVD I created using DVD...
  10. Copy ISO file to DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy ISO file to DVD: I have the windows 10 ISO file on my hard drive and am trying to copy it do a DVD+R. But I get a message that tells me that the DVD has to be formatted to NTFS. When I try to format I don't have a NTFS option. Isn't there a way to move the iso form my hard drive to the DVD?...