Windows 10: Copying waveform data to clipboard?

Discus and support Copying waveform data to clipboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, This question is in regards to the Windows Clipboard: I remember using generic audio recorders like Sound Recorder and copying waveform audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SgtPepperArc360, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Copying waveform data to clipboard?

Hello,

This question is in regards to the Windows Clipboard:

I remember using generic audio recorders like Sound Recorder and copying waveform audio data orsounds, if you don't understand me, and then pasting them into OpenMPT the software I use to compose my music. However, that only worked for an older laptop I remember using Dell Inspiron, Windows XP, and windows 7/8/10 laptops like my HP Envy and my HP Spectre, the latter which I am typing this on don't do that. Is there a way I can try to copy audio data from the following programs to OpenMPT? They are Audacity and Adobe Audition.

Thanks,

David "SgtPepperArc360" Egan

P.S. I'm sorry if you don't entirely understand what I'm talking about.

:)

SgtPepperArc360, Aug 16, 2020

2. Does hibernate save windows clipboard copy file ?

The clipboard is NOT a file. It holds its data in memory.

The clipboard data does survive a hibernation.

You could easily answer the question yourself like so:

1. Press PrtSc
    2. Hibernate
    3. Return from hibernation
    4. Open Word
    5. Press Ctrl+V to paste the clipboard's contents.

Frederik Long, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.

I lose transparency when copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator. I believe this is because when switching applications, Photoshop exports the clipboard data to the OS clipboard, and Windows clipboard(as I understand it) only takes image data as
    BMP which doesn't allow for transparency. Is there a workaround? like an application that adds functionality to the clipboard that would address this issue?

When I copy and paste from illustrator to Photoshop, the transparency remains. I think this is because Illustrator allows you to export clipboard data as pdf data.

DevinMurdock1, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Copying waveform data to clipboard?

Lost on clipboard

The contents of the clipboard is held in volatile memory (RAM). In Windows 10 it is possible to activate the clipboard history mechanism. AFAIK, there is no such facility in Windows 7. What you copy there is permanently lost when logging off or when copying
    new data.

The process you describe does not quite sound right. I repeated your steps and found that the marked items did NOT disappear from my camera card until I had successfully pasted them into their destination folder.

Regardless of this, using Cut/Paste is high-risk stuff. When manipulating files it is essential to first complete the copy process, check it, and only then delete the source files. I take an extra step like so:

1. I create the folder "Processed" on my SD card.
    2. I copy all pictures to my hard disk.
    3. I move all pictures into the "Processed" folder.
    4. Next time I need to fetch pictures, I delete the "Processed" folder and create a new one.
    In this way I have a copy of the original pictures which I might need in case my editing efforts go wrong.

Frederik Long, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Copying waveform data to clipboard?

1. Copying waveform data to clipboard? - Similar Threads - Copying waveform data

2. Copy a doc to clipboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy a doc to clipboard.: How do I copy an entire doc not just the visible screen so I could paste to WordPad and save it. I do not want to scroll down to end with snipe app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-a-doc-to-clipboard/388e3dd3-53fc-467d-994c-065e50e12e87
  3. Copy a doc to clipboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy a doc to clipboard.: How do I copy an entire doc not just the visible screen so I could paste to WordPad and save it. I do not want to scroll down to end with snipe app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-a-doc-to-clipboard/388e3dd3-53fc-467d-994c-065e50e12e87
  4. Snip only copying to clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip only copying to clipboard: When I snip sometimes it only copies to the clipboard not the app. This means that I cannot save it, I have to paste it into Word and then save that, which is lower quality...
  5. Snip only copying to clipboard

Snip only copying to clipboard: When I snip sometimes it only copies to the clipboard not the app. This means that I cannot save it, I have to paste it into Word and then save that, which is lower quality...
  6. how to copy clipboard to paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to copy clipboard to paint: how to copy clipboard to paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-clipboard-to-paint/abb8e2fb-65b7-4f68-b07b-8f8c80e5547a
  7. how to copy clipboard to paint

how to copy clipboard to paint: how to copy clipboard to paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-clipboard-to-paint/abb8e2fb-65b7-4f68-b07b-8f8c80e5547a
  8. CLIPBOARD DATA RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CLIPBOARD DATA RECOVERY: How could I recover my clipboard data if I had switched off the system accidentally without saving it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-data-recovery/6ba7a99b-1f78-438d-8933-8bb36d6b36fb
  9. Lost Clipboard DATA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Clipboard DATA: Hello, I had just attempted to transfer 15GB of photos and videos files from my Android Google Pixel 3 phone to my Dell laptop via USB-C. After the transfer multiple video files said "Cannot Render File" when I attempted to open them. I entered the hotkey Ctrl+Z believing...
  10. prior "copy (to clipboard)" items

prior "copy (to clipboard)" items: question concerning the 'clipboard' function in Windows 10: as has happened many times while making a fairly long response to a post on FB (having suffered the very frustrating experience of completely 'losing' a response i had spent some time crafting); after cursing Mark...