Windows 10: copype command not found despite installing ADK add-on

Discus and support copype command not found despite installing ADK add-on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to learn how to create a custom image for Windows using the Sysprep guides found on here as well as other tutorials and whatnot. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by That Random Guy, Feb 10, 2020.

1. copype command not found despite installing ADK add-on

Hello,

I'm trying to learn how to create a custom image for Windows using the Sysprep guides found on here as well as other tutorials and whatnot.

I managed to get a .WIM image output to a secondary drive I used for the test image for which I've customized.

Now, in my attempts to create a Windows PE, I cannot find this command copype as its mentioned in almost every guide despite having installed both the ADK and the ADK Add-on that supposedly includes this command/tool.

I double-checked that I had installed the right version for ADK and the Add-on, so now I'm at a loss for what's wrong.

I tried doing a search in the directory that loads when I open Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment but I can't find it.

What gives?

P.S. - I'm running Windows 10 Pro v. 1903.

SOLUTION:
    In my case, and because I'm running 1903, when launching the Deployment and Imaging Tool, this does not place you in the directory where copype is located (despite having its alternate there). I needed to go up one directory to get into the Preinstalltion Environment dir—and only then was I able to run copype to generate the Windows PE. Note that simply opening a command line and navigating to this directory will not allow you to run this command successfully. Somehow or another, it appears that the reason Deployment and Imaging Tool is added to Start is because launching it actually runs something before putting you at prompt where certain variables are added to the session that's required by the particular copype command. Don't quote me on that as I'm only guessing after seeing this fail for myself. I had to actually launch it from start and then navigate to above mentioned directory.

:)

That Random Guy, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How do I delete C:\Users\MSSQL$ADK ?

Hi,

Have you installed any SQL programs? If you do, MSSQL$ADK is related to that program in
    utilizing and handling data management for that specific program. Although this program is harmless to remove, we still suggest to ignore this since that there is no harm is being done to your computer. However,
    if you want to remove this, follow these steps:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and right click on
      Local Disk (Ccopype command not found despite installing ADK add-on :).

• Choose
      Properties.

• Under
      Security Tab,
      To change permissions, click Edit.

• Choose
      Full Control.

• Select
      Apply
      and click
      OK.

Try to check if you now see
    MSSQL$ADK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Regions speech not available despite correct language pack install

The issue still remains unresolved, as English (Australia) simply does not show up in the list despite following all suggested steps to date (which I had done previously)

ChristopherWatson_46, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

copype command not found despite installing ADK add-on

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile copype command not found despite installing ADK add-on :)

Thema:

copype command not found despite installing ADK add-on

1. copype command not found despite installing ADK add-on - Similar Threads - copype command found

2. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows adk: I want to download windows 10 assessment and deployment tool kit for version 22h2 but i cant find it in their assessment and deployment page. I can only find windows 11 , windows 10 1903 and windows 2004. Can anyone give me the link?...
  3. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows adk: I want to download windows 10 assessment and deployment tool kit for version 22h2 but i cant find it in their assessment and deployment page. I can only find windows 11 , windows 10 1903 and windows 2004. Can anyone give me the link?...
  4. sudo_autopasswd: command not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sudo_autopasswd: command not found: I have the following notifications coming out from the Ubuntu 22.04.01 LTS terminal on startup: sudo_autopasswd: command not found [sudo] password for prusso: * Starting system message bus dbus [ OK ] network-manager: unrecognized service sudo_resetpasswd: command not found...
  5. sudo_autopasswd: command not found

sudo_autopasswd: command not found: I have the following notifications coming out from the Ubuntu 22.04.01 LTS terminal on startup: sudo_autopasswd: command not found [sudo] password for prusso: * Starting system message bus dbus [ OK ] network-manager: unrecognized service sudo_resetpasswd: command not found...
  6. bundle: command not found

bundle: command not found: My system is debian 11 on local PC. I am following neocities install instructions at https://github.com/neocities/neocities. These commands work: debian@debian:~$ vagrant up --provision debian@debian:~$ vagrant ssh Problem is here: vagrant@vagrant:~$ bundle exec rackup -o...
  7. 'copype' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    'copype' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.: Below actions are already taken. So please take into account when providing a solution: 'adksetup.exe' is installed 'adkwinpesetup.exe' is installed The folder containing 'Windows Kits' added into Windows Firewall Exclusion list DISM launched as Administrator 'Deployment...
  8. adk tools

in Microsoft Office and 365
    adk tools: Hi. How can i create office 365 provisioning package to add to a custom wim? I tried ICD but it doesnt work cause of win32 dependencies. How can i get the dependencies? Need to do this using ICD 117964
  9. adk tools

in Windows 10 Support
    adk tools: Hi. How can i create office 365 provisioning package to add to a custom wim? I tried ICD but it doesnt work cause of win32 dependencies. How can i get the dependencies? Need to do this using ICD 117964
  10. AIK and ADK lost. How to install?

AIK and ADK lost. How to install?: Hello, I only want to create a recovery media, but I don't understand anything about how to do it *cry I have a Windows 7 DVD which includes SP1, I have downloaded The Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 And wrote the ISO file to a DVD Everything OK...