Windows 10: Copyright on music in Windows Video Editor

Discus and support Copyright on music in Windows Video Editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using the built-in Video Editor in Windows which is awesome, by the way, it's possible to add background music to video clips. I was intending to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LordScree, Apr 16, 2020.

1. LordScree Win User

Copyright on music in Windows Video Editor

Using the built-in Video Editor in Windows which is awesome, by the way, it's possible to add background music to video clips.

I was intending to use this for a short work-related presentation, but a colleague queried the licence on the music - are there any restrictions on the use of the background audio? There do not appear to be any licence restrictions mentioned in the tool itself.

Many thanks.

PS Another similar query was unanswered in December: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/music-copyright-in-windows-video-editor/2eff8f90-6628-4312-8b19-e8e470570191

I can confirm that the Video Editor is definitely available in Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 - just search "Video" and it's the first option for me.

Copyright on music in Windows Video Editor a8b94031-8180-4418-865f-e2e9de4a4626?upload=true.png

:)

LordScree, Apr 16, 2020

2. windows 10 photos video editor music

Is the music provided on the windows 10 video editor copyrighted or not?

SophieSophie8, Apr 16, 2020
  3. I was copyright claimed in youtube for using music from Windows Video Editor App

Hello,

I have a question. I have been using the video editor app from Microsoft. This software comes with music that you can add from the videos. As it was available and I owned the software (came with the computer), I added the music as background.

I made some small test videos and uploaded them to youtube as unlisted. As the music came from the software itself and it didn't even list an artist, I thought it was ok. to use it. I was hit immediately by the same company (HEXACORP LTD On behalf of: ScoreAScore)
    for copyright claims. I checked the songs they said I copied and they are very different from the ones I am using.

"Amplified" was copyright claimed as 778 - Max Farrar - Shake Shake Shake (Instrumental)

"Let's go" was copyright claimed as 1200 - Track and Field - Good Times (Instrumental)

These were unlisted test videos, so they are not monetised. However, I am annoyed that the music that I am supposed to be able to use freely is being copyright claimed.

I noticed that this happened to other people as well with the same tracks.

I want to fight these copyright claims, but first I want to make sure I have the right to use this music.

I also want to know which tracks are safe to use as background music on youtube

Am I correct in using this music? If so, why is this happening? Does the app have copyrighted music?

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Florencia

FlorenciaBotta, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Krrish_88 Win User

Is the Music Copyrighted on Windows 10 Photo app

I am using "Rescue Crew" music from Windows 10 Photo Video editor in one of my videos for my company on You tube. Is this music copyrighted?

Krrish_88, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Copyright on music in Windows Video Editor - Similar Threads - Copyright music Video

2. Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor: I haven't posted my YouTube video yet, but I am using the song called TV Tune and I want to know if it's copyrighted. If it is, may I please have permission to use it?...
  3. Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor: I haven't posted my YouTube video yet, but I am using the song called TV Tune and I want to know if it's copyrighted. If it is, may I please have permission to use it?...
  4. Copyrighted Music on Microsoft Video Editor

Copyrighted Music on Microsoft Video Editor: I have recently tried to upload videos to YouTube with music from the Microsoft video editor and it claimed copyright issues on a few. The songs on the video editor listed as Funky Strut, On Hold and Simpler Times are flagged by YouTube as copyrighted. Are they not meant for...
  5. Windows video editor music under copyright?

Windows video editor music under copyright?: Does anyone know for the background music built in Windows video editor - is it under any copyright? Tried asking on live chat and unfortunately they don't know. Cheers....
  6. Windows 10 video editor back ground music copyright

Windows 10 video editor back ground music copyright: Can we use this back ground music for Youtube videos ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-video-editor-back-ground-music/f743f606-c4cd-46f1-8e93-4fbe250327e7
  7. What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor

What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor: Hi there, I am trying to research which background music can be used on the Microsoft Video editor that do not violate or flag for copyright issues. I was under the impression that the background music provided was public domain and/or allowed to use. I am editing short...
  8. Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright

Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright: I used Microsoft photo/video editor app background music in one of my video which I uploaded to YouTube, later YouTube marked this video music copyright issue. I believe all the background musics in this app are generic, free to use, please let me know what should I do?...
  9. copyright video editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copyright video editor: Hello, I was making a video with the video editor and want to use the music 'explorer'. I was wondering if this music was copyrighted or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copyright-video-editor/566d40e6-5be0-4c88-be9e-346387602d72
  10. I was copyright claimed in youtube for using music from Windows Video Editor App

I was copyright claimed in youtube for using music from Windows Video Editor App: Hello, I have a question. I have been using the video editor app from Microsoft. This software comes with music that you can add from the videos. As it was available and I owned the software came with the computer, I added the music as background. I made some small...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix Microsoft video maker background music

2. win 10 video editor music copyright or not

3. windows video editor sound copyright

4. microsoft video editor music copyright,
  5. max farrar shake shake shake instrumental windows movie maker