Windows 10: Core getting parked while gaming

Discus and support Core getting parked while gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 build 19041 Observing my resource monitor all my 4 core run good When i start a game it runs great for about 10 minutes my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShubhamBoke, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Core getting parked while gaming

I am running windows 10 build 19041

Observing my resource monitor all my 4 core run good

When i start a game it runs great for about 10 minutes my cpu is utilised at 100% all 4 cores......then suddenly dont know why 2 cores gets parked cpu utilisation goes down to 50% and the game lags like hell..

Why!!!!?

Tried everything to unpark those cores and turn this core parking thing off.. nothing workss

Plzzzzz help....it really sucks..

:)

ShubhamBoke, Jun 13, 2020

2. Parked cores? Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I will certainly help you with it.

Many apps don't use all cores. They aren't programmed for it. Then they will use one core and will overload it.

But you can tell Windows to run that process on 2,3, ... and in all cores.

For doing it, follow these steps:

• Open Task Manager
    • Select tab Processes
    • Right click and select 'Set Affinity'
    • Select on which cores you want to run process.
    Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 13, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Parked cores? Windows 10

At the time of your image the cpu was only 16% in use, so the cpu is not the source of the

perceived slowdown of you machine.

When more cores are needed they will kick in automatically.

Core parking is an important means for using less power, and helping the cpu to run cooler.

Unparking cores will not improve performance, in most scenarios.

BossDweeb, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Core getting parked while gaming

Getting Around Core parking in Windows 10

Placebo, nothing more. Core Parking does not reduce overall performance, disabling does not increase performance. If those cores were being used to begin with they would not have parked.

When the time comes you run something to take advantage of all threads, those cores unpark magically themselves.

If you really want to determine if it did anything, benchmark.

logicearth, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Core getting parked while gaming

1. Core getting parked while gaming - Similar Threads - Core getting parked

2. CPU cores parked when gaming or doing heavy tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU cores parked when gaming or doing heavy tasks: Hi, I've had an issue with my CPU cores being parked while gaming or doing heavy tasks.I have an old laptop running Windows 10 22H2OS Build 19045.2965My laptop's spec:CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHzMem: 8gbGPU: Quadro m620The CPU cores parked issue happens suddenly when I...
  3. CPU cores parked when gaming or doing heavy tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU cores parked when gaming or doing heavy tasks: Hi, I've had an issue with my CPU cores being parked while gaming or doing heavy tasks.I have an old laptop running Windows 10 22H2OS Build 19045.2965My laptop's spec:CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHzMem: 8gbGPU: Quadro m620The CPU cores parked issue happens suddenly when I...
  4. CPU cores parked when gaming or doing heavy tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 64 core parking limit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 64 core parking limit?: I've setup a new 3495x workstation. I'm seeing an odd behavior with windows 11 pro for workstations. With hyperthreading enabled the CPU reports 112 processors. However, windows 11 does not appear to park cores 65+. Cores 1-64 work as expected. This prevents the cpu from...
  6. Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed: Hey there, I got a very weird behavior of my Pc.I enabled Core Parking at some power profiles & it works well as long the Taskmanager is opened.But as soon the Taskmanager is closed all cpu's are unparked & unthrottled.And as soon the Taskmanager is open again...., they're...
  7. Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed: Hey there, I got a very weird behavior of my Pc.I enabled Core Parking at some power profiles & it works well as long the Taskmanager is opened.But as soon the Taskmanager is closed all cpu's are unparked & unthrottled.And as soon the Taskmanager is open again...., they're...
  8. HELP! park cpu cores back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! park cpu cores back: Hello, I did the wrong thing, and unparked my Ryzen 5 2600 cores with its STOCK cooler. Now it overheats a lot. I've been getting really high temperatures even idling, 60°celcius, and like 95°C in games such as, Counter Strike:Global Offensive. I tried reverting the...
  9. Core Parking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Core Parking: My cores are getting parked whenever there is heavy load. Like playing a game or trying to play YouTube videos on browser. I am using a laptop with i5-5200u. Everything just starts to stutter when 1 of the 2 cores gets blocked or disabled. It's only happening in windows 10. I...
  10. Getting Around Core parking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting Around Core parking in Windows 10: this isnt a Problem but for some it is i found a utility that works (atleast for me w/ an AMD A10 7850k APU) ParkControl - Freeware to monitor and tweak CPU core parking and frequency scaling this worked instead of teh RegEdit solution here on teh Forums to disable...