Windows 10: Core isolation and Hibernation/VT

Discus and support Core isolation and Hibernation/VT in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I enabled the Windows core isolation on my Windows 10 machine. After reboot, two things stopped working: - Intel VT (Virtualization Technology).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/robertogl, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Core isolation and Hibernation/VT

Hi,

I enabled the Windows core isolation on my Windows 10 machine. After reboot, two things stopped working:

- Intel VT (Virtualization Technology). Both VMWare and Virtualbox were not able to use it anymore. Of course, nothing else changed except the Core Isolation option.

- Hibernation: after enabling Core Isolation, putting the device in hibernation required administrator privileges. Also, it didn't actually work. Even if the screen was showing 'Computer entering hibernation', removing the power was causing Windows to lose the saved state.

Immediately after disabling Core Isolation, both features started working again.

So, the question here is: is this normal? It appears to me that VT and hibernation are 'important features' so it seems strange that they break with core isolation enabled.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/robertogl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/robertogl, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Quimby Win User

Core isolation and memory integrity - UEFI settings (vt-d)

Hi folks.
    A week ago I migrated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on a well aged ivy bridge system. So far everything went very well and I'm glad I finally made the step. I'm just "breeding" over a subject that I just can't seem to find any hard information about.

Under "core-isolation" I activated the point "memory integrity", that wasn't activated after a clean install. It seems to work just fine. No problem whatsoever so far.
    I have vt-x and vt-d activated in UEFI and I understand that vt-x obviously is essential for this feature. But what about vt-d? Does Windows 10 utilize this feature in any way for security purposes or can it be disabled? (Or the other way round, does it have to be disabled for some reason I don't know.)

Quimby, Feb 22, 2023
  3. slicendice, Feb 22, 2023
  4. Cliff S Win User

Core isolation and Hibernation/VT

Cliff S, Feb 22, 2023
Thema:

Core isolation and Hibernation/VT

1. Core isolation and Hibernation/VT - Similar Threads - Core isolation Hibernation

2. Virtualization Technology VT and Windows 11 Core Isolation Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Technology VT and Windows 11 Core Isolation Features: Dear Community,I'm currently experiencing a conundrum with my system. I cannot have virtualization enabled on my system after a Windows update was pushed to my system. Let me explain why. The Core Isolation feature, Memory Integrity, is causing the Program Compatibility...
  3. Virtualization Technology VT and Windows 11 Core Isolation Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization Technology VT and Windows 11 Core Isolation Features: Dear Community,I'm currently experiencing a conundrum with my system. I cannot have virtualization enabled on my system after a Windows update was pushed to my system. Let me explain why. The Core Isolation feature, Memory Integrity, is causing the Program Compatibility...
  4. Core isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core isolation: LGJoyXICore.sysVBoxDrv.sysVirtualBoxincompatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core/81689e6b-f825-4f86-8a85-e7be1c30d501
  5. Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation: When I try to engage core isolation, it says this driver is incompatible. I was able to remove it in autoruns.exe, however, it said I needed to restart. The computer would not restart, it just hung. When I closed the computer, and started it again, I was able to use it, but...
  6. core isolation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    core isolation: I cannot turn this on due to incompatible drivers. Is my machine safer with it on or off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core-isolation/8e8148d2-9a05-4154-a822-3e449fb4f916
  7. Core isolation

Core isolation: I am trying to install a software but I have to turn off "Core Isolation" in my surface book 3 before I can do so and it says that administrator permission is needed. Since I am the admin of my system who's permission is need to do so?? kindly let me know how to solve this...
  8. Core isolation and memory integrity - UEFI settings (vt-d)

Core isolation and memory integrity - UEFI settings (vt-d): Hi folks. A week ago I migrated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on a well aged ivy bridge system. So far everything went very well and I'm glad I finally made the step. I'm just "breeding" over a subject that I just can't seem to find any hard information about. Under...
  9. Core Isolation

Core Isolation: In windows security under Core Isolation: Device security shows memory integrity can't be started. There may be an incompatibility on your device. I am also receiving message that controlled folder access blocked CNQMSWCS.l and C;/WINDOWS...' all in notifications. Any...
  10. Core Isolation

Core Isolation: When I turn on this function and reboot as instructed, when power up, this function is off again ? Need Help Please !!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/core-isolation/e938a7ef-3a5f-4ca9-b5e1-1bed862f7216"