Windows 10: Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver

Discus and support Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, When i am turning on the core isolation protection by windows defender, it is failing and showing the message that i have attached. I do not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rabi sah, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Rabi sah Win User

Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver

Hi,

When i am turning on the core isolation protection by windows defender, it is failing and showing the message that i have attached. I do not have any idea that they are system driver or just some kinds of useless driver installed in my pc. I have uploaded two images. If it is useless, how can i remove them?

Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver 857c4f53-556f-4946-8464-884faa2a168f?upload=true.png Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver f9351cdf-c864-420b-904e-cd9003bd9f6c?upload=true.png

:)

Rabi sah, Jul 30, 2020

2. Core Isolation Memory Integrity fails to enable because of incompatible driver wdcsam64_prewin8.sys

Lenovo Legion Y740, Intel core i7 9750H, Windows 10, v2004 (Build 9041.264)

I tried to enable the Core Isolation -> Memory Integrity feature in Windows Defender today, but it failed. It showed this under "Incompatible drivers" -

wdcsam64_prewin8.sys
    Driver date: 11/29/2017
    Driver version: 1.2.0.0

Published name: oem16.inf

Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver 8309f694-7083-40da-9623-e0705d850965?upload=true.jpg

I do have a Western Digital EasyStore portable drive. But device manager is not showing any driver update for it. I also ran an update check via Lenovo Vantage and Windows Update. Neither showed any pending update.

I also went to the WD support website but that doesn't have any driver at all. I had a chat with WD support rep and they have no idea what this driver is.

How do I resolve this?

BikramAgarwal, Jul 30, 2020
  3. wc_964 Win User
    Core Isolation

In windows security under Core Isolation: Device security shows memory integrity can't be started. There may be an incompatibility on your device. I am also receiving message that controlled folder access blocked CNQMSWCS.l and C;/WINDOWS...' all in notifications.
    Any recommendations?

wc_964, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver

Core Isolation Memory Integrity fails to enable because of incompatible driver wdcsam64_prewin8.sys

You can uninstall this driver by using device manager.

(start computer with wd device attached.) You will see the WD Ses device. and uninstall the driver, remove it from disk. Do this only when you do not use any of the WD software involved (smartware....). Restart again, try to enable core isolation. If it
    is still complaining about the wd ses driver, follow the procedure again, as it is now using a previous version of the driver that might be available in the driver store.

Repeat this untill all versions are gone.

ONLY WHEN YOU ARE NOT USING ANY OF THE WD SOFTWARE.

Happy core isolation!

PeterW-home, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver

1. Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver - Similar Threads - Core Isolation Failed

2. Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver: When I am turning on the core isolation protection by windows defender, it is failing and showing the message.Incompatible DriversAlcGener.sysShould I delete that driver? System: HP laptop 14s-cf0120tuProcessor: IntelR PentiumR CPU 4417U @ 2.30GHzUpdate History: 2023-04...
  3. Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver: When I am turning on the core isolation protection by windows defender, it is failing and showing the message.Incompatible DriversAlcGener.sysShould I delete that driver? System: HP laptop 14s-cf0120tuProcessor: IntelR PentiumR CPU 4417U @ 2.30GHzUpdate History: 2023-04...
  4. Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver: Hello. When I am turning on the core isolation protection by windows defender, it is failing and shows the message that I have writed below. What should I do, thanks for any advice. jlinkx64.sysSeggerImport date: 10/2/2022Driver date: 1/9/2007Driver version: 2.6.5.0Published...
  5. Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver

Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver: Hello. When I am turning on the core isolation protection by windows defender, it is failing and shows the message that I have writed below. What should I do, thanks for any advice. jlinkx64.sysSeggerImport date: 10/2/2022Driver date: 1/9/2007Driver version: 2.6.5.0Published...
  6. Core Isolation Blocked by Incompatible WIDCOMM Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation Blocked by Incompatible WIDCOMM Driver: Running Windows 11 on HP Omen 17, all updates current. Just noticed an Memory Integrity error flag in Security due to driver incompatibilities. Offending driver is:frmupgr.sysWIDCOMMImport date: 10/26/2021Driver date: 5/7/2007Driver version: 6.1.0.1000Published name:...
  7. Core Isolation Blocked by Incompatible WIDCOMM Driver

Core Isolation Blocked by Incompatible WIDCOMM Driver: Running Windows 11 on HP Omen 17, all updates current. Just noticed an Memory Integrity error flag in Security due to driver incompatibilities. Offending driver is:frmupgr.sysWIDCOMMImport date: 10/26/2021Driver date: 5/7/2007Driver version: 6.1.0.1000Published name:...
  8. Core isolation not allowed for driver incompatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core isolation not allowed for driver incompatibility: Core isolation on Windows 11 not possible, in my case, because of these driversI tried to find them in Windows/Sys32/drivers as suggested in other forums and deleting them but with no success so how can I solve the problem allowing the activation of core isolation?...
  9. Core isolation not allowed for driver incompatibility

Core isolation not allowed for driver incompatibility: Core isolation on Windows 11 not possible, in my case, because of these driversI tried to find them in Windows/Sys32/drivers as suggested in other forums and deleting them but with no success so how can I solve the problem allowing the activation of core isolation?...
  10. Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver: Core Isolation Failed- Incompatible Driver After all these years you would think that Microsoft would have fixed this by now.Now, there are NO updates to be found for these drivers on any of the company named as owners. How can I fix this so I can turn on Core Isolation?...