Windows 10: Core Isolation: Local Security Authority Protection - won't turn on

Discus and support Core Isolation: Local Security Authority Protection - won't turn on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got a Windows Security warning about my Local Security Authority protection being 'off'. I toggled it to 'on' and it said I have to restart for that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dd992, Mar 19, 2023.

1. dd992 Win User

Core Isolation: Local Security Authority Protection - won't turn on

I got a Windows Security warning about my Local Security Authority protection being 'off'. I toggled it to 'on' and it said I have to restart for that to take effect. I did the restart and thought nothing of it. I didn't check that it was all good after the restart, I didn't think I needed to. I was told something wasn't right and what I should do about it and did that, never for a second thought I needed to think further about it.Now, a day later, I notice I have the same warning. This time though when I went into the settings, it's telling me it's turned off but as you can see in the screens

:)

dd992, Mar 19, 2023

2. Local Security Authority protection Bug?

Open an admin Command Prompt and run these two commands:

• reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" /v "RunAsPPL" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
    • reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" /v "RunAsPPLBoot" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
    Restart Windows. That should clear the yellow exclamation warning.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Core Isolation: Local Security Authority Protection - won't turn on

Local Security Authority Protection

I have the security Action badge indicating to me that Windows security Action is required.

I open up by clicking the badge and see the notice that the Local Security Authority Protection is required to be turned on and restart the computer to which I perform those two actions.

After my computer is reloaded the Security Badge still requires me to turn Local Security Authority Protection on, as I have already done.

Kenneth

KennethYoung5, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Core Isolation: Local Security Authority Protection - won't turn on

1. Core Isolation: Local Security Authority Protection - won't turn on - Similar Threads - Core Isolation Local

2. Windows security indicates: Under Core Isolation that local security authority protection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security indicates: Under Core Isolation that local security authority protection...: Windows Security indicates I should go to device settings and that under Core Isolation heading I should turn on local security authority protection. How would one go about doing that?I purchased a new windows 11 computer and left it running in S mode. The above issue just...
  3. Windows security indicates: Under Core Isolation that local security authority protection...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security indicates: Under Core Isolation that local security authority protection...: Windows Security indicates I should go to device settings and that under Core Isolation heading I should turn on local security authority protection. How would one go about doing that?I purchased a new windows 11 computer and left it running in S mode. The above issue just...
  4. Core isolation - Local Security Authority protection is off. But everything is on????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core isolation - Local Security Authority protection is off. But everything is on????: Under my device security I have the warning on the Core isolation section "Local Security Authority protection is off. Your device may be vulnerable". I go into core isolation details to see what the issue is and everything is on with no issues so not sure what's going on....
  5. Core isolation - Local Security Authority protection is off. But everything is on????

Core isolation - Local Security Authority protection is off. But everything is on????: Under my device security I have the warning on the Core isolation section "Local Security Authority protection is off. Your device may be vulnerable". I go into core isolation details to see what the issue is and everything is on with no issues so not sure what's going on....
  6. Why won't local security authority protection turn on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't local security authority protection turn on?: I've tried turning on the protection and it asks for a restart. Whenever I restart though, the error is still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-local-security-authority-protection-turn/c9cb891e-218b-4ac9-b5ff-4efa60dd4cee
  7. Why won't local security authority protection turn on?

Why won't local security authority protection turn on?: I've tried turning on the protection and it asks for a restart. Whenever I restart though, the error is still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-local-security-authority-protection-turn/c9cb891e-218b-4ac9-b5ff-4efa60dd4cee
  8. Is it time for Apple? Core isolation issues. Local Security Authority protection is on but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it time for Apple? Core isolation issues. Local Security Authority protection is on but...: "Core isolation "Local Security Authority protection is off. Yor device may be vulnerable. the switch to turn this off and on is in the on position. How can this be both? Windows is not what it once was? Maybe it is time to spend a little more? Apple has good security is what...
  9. Is it time for Apple? Core isolation issues. Local Security Authority protection is on but...

Is it time for Apple? Core isolation issues. Local Security Authority protection is on but...: "Core isolation "Local Security Authority protection is off. Yor device may be vulnerable. the switch to turn this off and on is in the on position. How can this be both? Windows is not what it once was? Maybe it is time to spend a little more? Apple has good security is what...
  10. Core Isolation: Local Security Authority Protection - won't turn on

Core Isolation: Local Security Authority Protection - won't turn on: I got a Windows Security warning about my Local Security Authority protection being 'off'. I toggled it to 'on' and it said I have to restart for that to take effect. I did the restart and thought nothing of it. I didn't check that it was all good after the restart, I didn't...