Windows 10: Core Isolation

Discus and support Core Isolation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to download software to take online exams. It will not let me open the program unless core isolation is turned off. In the settings, it looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmyVanGeertry, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Core Isolation

I need to download software to take online exams. It will not let me open the program unless core isolation is turned off. In the settings, it looks like there is an on/off setting. However, it is grayed out in the on position. How do I turn it off?

:)

AmyVanGeertry, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

core isolation disabled itself in bios on new computer

Hello Khynnea,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It can be the BIOS update released by your manufacturer through windows updates which might have changed the status from Enabled to disabled. However here are the steps to enable it again.

• Open start menu and search for Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Go to Device Security.
    • You will be able to find Core Isolation, please click on Core Isolation details.
    • Then you can turn it on.

Restart is restart is required for the changes to be effective. Please write back, if you need any further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10  

It looks like the .reg file in step 2 of Option Two in this tutorial worked to turn on Core isolation for you.

Correct, you could use step 3 to turn it off.

Brink, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Core Isolation

How to disable Core Isolation

Hi,

I am trying to install a software but i have to turn off "Core Isolation" in my surface pro before i can do so.

Please provide steps on how to do so.

SugarySalt, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Core Isolation

1. Core Isolation - Similar Threads - Core Isolation

2. Surface Book3 Memory Integrity Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book3 Memory Integrity Core Isolation: Hi,Recently purchased a Surface Book 3 business edition with NVIDIA graphics card. I am trying to install my Acronis True Image and in the process get a cannot install a driver error, when I click the learn more it talks about core isolation and disabling memory integrity. Is...
  3. Core Isolation will cause BSOD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Core Isolation will cause BSOD: Hello, Please enable Core Isolation and Memory Integrity in Window and than reboot and get Windows "Blue Screen Of Death", BSOD with Service_Exception_Error Failed File: AsIO2.sys. Installed AI suite 3. How to not get BSOD?...
  4. Memory Integrity- Core Isolation Error

Memory Integrity- Core Isolation Error: Ive tried to turn on the memory integrity setting but when I do it scans my device and comes up with 4 incompatible drivers. How do I resolve this or find them be cause I have tried to update all the drivers under device manager but I have all updated. Please help.The 4...
  5. Core Isolation - Memory Integrity Not Turning On - Driver Incompatibilities - Please help!

Core Isolation - Memory Integrity Not Turning On - Driver Incompatibilities - Please help!: Hi Community, Today I noticed that Memory Integrity in Core Isolation in Windows Security is not turned on. So I tried to turn it on but I got an error something related to driver incompatibilities. Please help me regarding this to turn this feature on. [ATTACH] I've...
  6. Turning off Hyper-v turned off Core Isolation

Turning off Hyper-v turned off Core Isolation: I was trying to disable hyper-v for Bluestacks. I couldn't find the "hyper-v" program in the "turn windows features on and off," so I downloaded their exe to turn it off from https://cdn3.bluestacks.com/nilanshu/HD-DisableHyperV_native.exe and it worked but in the process...
  7. Cannot enable secure boot and core isolation at same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot enable secure boot and core isolation at same time: I am not able to enable secure boot and core isolation at the same time on my PC. I can enable either one of them (have the other one disabled), and Windows will boot properly. But when I enable both of them, Windows will not boot and gets stuck on the spinning dots screen...
  8. Core Isolation Memory Integrity fails to enable because of incompatible driver Xilinx

Core Isolation Memory Integrity fails to enable because of incompatible driver Xilinx: [ATTACH] I tried to enable the Core Isolation -> Memory Integrity feature in Windows Defender today, but it failed. It showed this under "Incompatible drivers". I have already uninstalled Xilinx software....
  9. Unable to enable Memory Integrity in Core Isolation menu. How do I find what is preventing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to enable Memory Integrity in Core Isolation menu. How do I find what is preventing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/COMPUTER1313 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lim0rc/unable_to_enable_memory_integrity_in_core/
  10. Core isolation memory integrity can't be started on my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Core isolation memory integrity can't be started on my Windows 10 Laptop: I can't enable core isolation on my laptop. It telling your device is not supported. What is the problem in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core-isolation-memory-integrity-cant-be-started-on/d26bdfcb-96f8-4929-84ef-8472ee9e7728