Windows 10: Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed

Discus and support Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there, I got a very weird behavior of my Pc.I enabled Core Parking at some power profiles & it works well as long the Taskmanager is opened.But as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by krankes_etwas, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed

Hey there, I got a very weird behavior of my Pc.I enabled Core Parking at some power profiles & it works well as long the Taskmanager is opened.But as soon the Taskmanager is closed all cpu's are unparked & unthrottled.And as soon the Taskmanager is open again...., they're throtteled & parked again.But the most weird part is that even with the default High & Ultimate performance profile many core are parked & throttled.I tried different monitoring tools with the same result.I tried... Different Chipset drivers... default power profile settings...any ideas ?Win 11 22H2 / 226

:)

krankes_etwas, Sep 22, 2022

2. Core getting parked while gaming

I respect ur concern for life of my pc

But i observed that the cores are getting parked regardless of the temperatures...

Like they got parked at 77... Further if this was for lowering the temperatures,that to dosnt happens temperature still rises even of the parked cores!!

ShubhamBoke, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Parked cores? Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I will certainly help you with it.

Many apps don't use all cores. They aren't programmed for it. Then they will use one core and will overload it.

But you can tell Windows to run that process on 2,3, ... and in all cores.

For doing it, follow these steps:

• Open Task Manager
    • Select tab Processes
    • Right click and select 'Set Affinity'
    • Select on which cores you want to run process.
    Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed

Core getting parked while gaming

I am running windows 10 build 19041

Observing my resource monitor all my 4 core run good

When i start a game it runs great for about 10 minutes my cpu is utilised at 100% all 4 cores......then suddenly dont know why 2 cores gets parked cpu utilisation goes down to 50% and the game lags like hell..

Why!!!!?

Tried everything to unpark those cores and turn this core parking thing off.. nothing workss

Plzzzzz help....it really sucks..

ShubhamBoke, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed

1. Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed - Similar Threads - Core Parking Core

2. CPU cores parked when gaming or doing heavy tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU cores parked when gaming or doing heavy tasks: Hi, I've had an issue with my CPU cores being parked while gaming or doing heavy tasks.I have an old laptop running Windows 10 22H2OS Build 19045.2965My laptop's spec:CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHzMem: 8gbGPU: Quadro m620The CPU cores parked issue happens suddenly when I...
  3. CPU cores parked when gaming or doing heavy tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU cores parked when gaming or doing heavy tasks: Hi, I've had an issue with my CPU cores being parked while gaming or doing heavy tasks.I have an old laptop running Windows 10 22H2OS Build 19045.2965My laptop's spec:CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHzMem: 8gbGPU: Quadro m620The CPU cores parked issue happens suddenly when I...
  4. How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?: I'm trying to disable CPU Core Parking feature on window 10 so that my multi-processing code can utilize the full capacity of my processor here is a question I asked earlier on StackOverflow for context. I tried every solution mentioned here to disable this feature and more...
  5. How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?: I'm trying to disable CPU Core Parking feature on window 10 so that my multi-processing code can utilize the full capacity of my processor here is a question I asked earlier on StackOverflow for context. I tried every solution mentioned here to disable this feature and more...
  6. How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?

7. Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed: Hey there, I got a very weird behavior of my Pc.I enabled Core Parking at some power profiles & it works well as long the Taskmanager is opened.But as soon the Taskmanager is closed all cpu's are unparked & unthrottled.And as soon the Taskmanager is open again...., they're...
  8. HELP! park cpu cores back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! park cpu cores back: Hello, I did the wrong thing, and unparked my Ryzen 5 2600 cores with its STOCK cooler. Now it overheats a lot. I've been getting really high temperatures even idling, 60°celcius, and like 95°C in games such as, Counter Strike:Global Offensive. I tried reverting the...
  9. Core Parking

Core Parking: My cores are getting parked whenever there is heavy load. Like playing a game or trying to play YouTube videos on browser. I am using a laptop with i5-5200u. Everything just starts to stutter when 1 of the 2 cores gets blocked or disabled. It's only happening in windows 10. I...
  10. Core getting parked while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core getting parked while gaming: I am running windows 10 build 19041 Observing my resource monitor all my 4 core run good When i start a game it runs great for about 10 minutes my cpu is utilised at 100% all 4 cores......then suddenly dont know why 2 cores gets parked cpu utilisation goes down to 50% and...