Windows 10: core sync is preventing my Win 10 dell from restarting

Discus and support core sync is preventing my Win 10 dell from restarting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; see subject above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core-sync-is-preventing-my-win-10-dell-from/29f5bf4f-f09d-4e73-a127-b7eafe213c5b Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 42 bill, Jul 5, 2020.

1. 42 bill Win User

core sync is preventing my Win 10 dell from restarting

see subject above

:)

42 bill, Jul 5, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Jul 5, 2020
  3. midgo Win User
    Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.

In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off.

The PC keeps running but will not restart.

I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.

Shut down works fine.

In both restart and shutdown there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with this restart issue.

I have tried most suggestions on the interwebz:////

My next step is to go back to the previously installed version 1511 in which restart worked then do an upgrade from the 1607 ISO I downloaded.

If this fails I will bite the bullet and do a clean install but I would rather just resolve the issue if I can as I have Win 10 running just the way I like it:///

midgo, Jul 5, 2020
  4. PeterL Win User

Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell

After the upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, my Dell Backup and Recovery Manager gives me an error message basically saying it does not recognize my Dell [e5420 laptop]. Dell support suggested I contact Microsoft support as this new problem is due to the Win 10 upgrade. MS support suggested getting a product upgrade from Dell (I have the latest version!)

Anyone know what is going on? I reinstalled Dell System Detect, which appears to work fine, but still the Backup and Recovery Manager does not see a Dell product.

Thanks,

Peter

PeterL, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. core sync is preventing my Win 10 dell from restarting - Similar Threads - core sync preventing

2. Core Isolation preventing a driver from loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation preventing a driver from loading: The driver "gdvr3.sys" was causing core isolation to turn off. After turning it back on and restarting, get the message that Core Isolation has blocked the driver from loading. However, it is not showing up under problems when I look under core isolation details. Not sure...
  3. Core Isolation preventing a driver from loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core Isolation preventing a driver from loading: The driver "gdvr3.sys" was causing core isolation to turn off. After turning it back on and restarting, get the message that Core Isolation has blocked the driver from loading. However, it is not showing up under problems when I look under core isolation details. Not sure...
  4. Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically: Can anyone verify if this works:Open gpedit.msc configure TWO things:1 "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" - Enabled - Why? Because it says "Note: This policy applies only when Automatic Updates is configured to perform...
  5. Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically: Can anyone verify if this works:Open gpedit.msc configure TWO things:1 "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" - Enabled - Why? Because it says "Note: This policy applies only when Automatic Updates is configured to perform...
  6. App preventing computer from restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App preventing computer from restarting: Hi,When I restart my desktop computer, an app with the name of NvFBCPluginWindow is preventing me from restarting. Does anyone know why is this happening and how to fix it?...
  7. G app is preventing from restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    G app is preventing from restarting: Each time I want to shutdown or restart the computer I get this annoying message. How do I get rid of it? [img] 153442
  8. This app is preventing you from restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    This app is preventing you from restarting: I have Windows 10 Pro preinstalled on a Dell Desktop. When I try to restart I get a warning: This app is preventing you from restarting" This is of little use. There is no identification of what the app is. Use of task manager does not show a currently running app....
  9. Prevent Sync Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Sync Settings: Hi all, I'm performing a full re-install of Windows 10, and using my Microsoft Account to sign-in with. All of which is working perfectly. However, it is automatically syncing setting from my previous windows install. It appears that sync setrings is turned on by...
  10. Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup: Is there a way to prevent Onedrive from syncing at startup or perhaps completely disable it altogether? My reason for doing it is quite obscure and I not sure I can explain. Thank you. 4197