Windows 10: Corel has installed software on my laptop without my permission. What actions can I take?...

Discus and support Corel has installed software on my laptop without my permission. What actions can I take?... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last month, Corel secretly installed Win-Zip Express for Office on my laptop without my permission. The first that I knew about it was when I had a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Corel has installed software on my laptop without my permission. What actions can I take?...

Last month, Corel secretly installed Win-Zip Express for Office on my laptop without my permission. The first that I knew about it was when I had a reminder that my "Free Trial has ended - please subscribe now"'. More info on the specifics are in my thread HERE.

I'm grateful to Igor Leyko MVP, Independent Advisor & Volunteer Moderator and Karl Timmermans Outlook MVP (2012-2018) for explaining what I needed to do.

But the more I think about it, the angrier I get. To quote an expert here, sadly missed, why in Hades does Corel think they have the right to sneak in and do this?

Do other Users here think that Corel are acting without any dignity/conscience? Do Users in the USA have legal rights against any software company that does this? Is this common practice?

(If this is in the wrong forum etc, would a Moderator please move it as appropriate? TIA

:)

Taffy087, Jul 23, 2019
  2. lbeck Win User

"you need permission to perform this action" for several actions?

I don't know what you mean "Go to the computer that you do have permission". The computer that I'm using doesn't grant me permission to copy a file. I have done the routine that you suggest using the properties dialog.
    Corel has installed software on my laptop without my permission. What actions can I take?... [​IMG]

lbeck, Jul 23, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Corel has installed software on my laptop without my permission. What actions can I take?...

Corel x8

I had compatibility problems with Corel 5 ( a great deal of dificulty to uninstall as well.) bought corel 8 and it will not install. It starts like it is going to. asks for permission then just disappears.

rfrancisco256, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Corel has installed software on my laptop without my permission. What actions can I take?...

1. Corel has installed software on my laptop without my permission. What actions can I take?... - Similar Threads - Corel has installed

2. Can I reset my win 10 without losing installed software updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reset my win 10 without losing installed software updates?: My win 10 is getting lag, so i need to reset my win without losing installed new software update. Can i do like this? Without losing updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reset-my-win-10-without-losing-installed/371d84db-5d2f-4c92-a0ee-1d6feaf2b7cc
  3. Why is it that you install software I never asked for without my permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it that you install software I never asked for without my permission?: Now, I have Copilot. A program I never asked for taking up valuable space on my computer. I didn't ask for this program I cannot remove it from my task bar and am forced to "deal with it". I don't want it nor will I ever use it. It will sit there, taking up space that I could...
  4. Why is it that you install software I never asked for without my permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it that you install software I never asked for without my permission?: Now, I have Copilot. A program I never asked for taking up valuable space on my computer. I didn't ask for this program I cannot remove it from my task bar and am forced to "deal with it". I don't want it nor will I ever use it. It will sit there, taking up space that I could...
  5. Why is windows installing software on my PC without my permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows installing software on my PC without my permission: Candy crush, disney plus, all these apps every day I get notifications that it has decided to put on my PC. I DONT WANT IT INSTALLING WHATEVER IT LIKES. This is MY PC, not your dumping ground for whoever pays you.how do I disable this unauthorised stuff installing? Do I need...
  6. Why is windows installing software on my PC without my permission

Why is windows installing software on my PC without my permission: Candy crush, disney plus, all these apps every day I get notifications that it has decided to put on my PC. I DONT WANT IT INSTALLING WHATEVER IT LIKES. This is MY PC, not your dumping ground for whoever pays you.how do I disable this unauthorised stuff installing? Do I need...
  7. What with all the apps in my taskbar Windows installed without my permission?

What with all the apps in my taskbar Windows installed without my permission?: What the hell Microsoft?I tolerated the intrusive addition of the Cortana app to my task bar, which I can neither uninstall from my system or remove from my task bar, but now there's this "news" app also??Why do I even need to go to the trouble of complaining about this? How...
  8. Input languages installed without my permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Input languages installed without my permission: Hi to everyone, I have been facing an issue in my windows 10 pro. I don't know why these input languages installed while removing them from the settings, still are in my input bar I commonly use 2 input languages, I don't really know why this happened. I will post a...
  9. King games installing without my permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    King games installing without my permission.: Hi, I'm just wondering why King games such as Candy Crush, Candy Crush Soda, etc. are installing on my laptop without my permission. I go and uninstall the programs every couple of days and they always come back....
  10. Apps getting Installed Without my Permission

Apps getting Installed Without my Permission: This is really getting on my nerves that Windows 10 installs apps which I do not need without my permission. For example, I just noticed that an app called PowerBI just appeared on my Start Menu without me telling it to install it. This is just annoying and rude so to...