Windows 10: Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails

Discus and support Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer on Windows 10 used to display thumbnails for Corel Painter .rif files. Why has this changed and we can not view .rif thumbnails? Is MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobBondi, Jun 26, 2019.

1. BobBondi Win User

Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails

File Explorer on Windows 10 used to display thumbnails for Corel Painter .rif files. Why has this changed and we can not view .rif thumbnails? Is MS ****'ing us again?

:)

BobBondi, Jun 26, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

.Rif files thumbnail viewer for Windows 10

Hi Nysec

An RIF file is a raster image created by Corel Painter

There is no thumbnail viewer available for .rif files and only Corel Painter

or Paintshop Pro can open those type of file . ..

DaveM121, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Nysec Win User
    .Rif files thumbnail viewer for Windows 10

Can anybody recommend a thumbnail viewer for .rif files which can be used on Windows? Thank you

Nysec, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails

Windows update and Corel Painter

If you mean the operating system build it is 17134.285 When I try to start Corel Painter on either computer I get this error message: Error: 1 - Corel Painter has encountered a problem. Please reinstall from the original source.

however reinstalling doesn't solve the problem. As I said - Corel said it was due to a windows update not finishing correctly but Painter worked on the old one UNTIL I let Windows do all the updates. Corel worked fine on both at one point. No new programs
    have been added to the older computer in a long time so something else running in the background shouldn't be the problem. it worked on that one UNTIL I let windows do the updates! Really don't think anything new was added to the new one either since the
    program was working.

alexisandtim, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails

1. Corel Painter .rif files no longer showing thumbnails - Similar Threads - Corel Painter rif

2. corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.: Corel Painter 21 won't run since upgrading to windows 11. it is telling me it is not compatible now. opening the program ,it freezes and must restart to exit. I've reached out to Corel but have not found an answer. I've done factory restarts on the program and the computer to...
  3. corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corel painter 21 not running on windows 11.: Corel Painter 21 won't run since upgrading to windows 11. it is telling me it is not compatible now. opening the program ,it freezes and must restart to exit. I've reached out to Corel but have not found an answer. I've done factory restarts on the program and the computer to...
  4. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  5. Certain files thumbnail not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain files thumbnail not showing: I have recently bought a new hhd hard disk and after moving some files to that hard disk, I noticed that all the media file e.g png,jpg,mov etc won't show their thumbnails. Then I tried several methods:1, go to the folder option and disable "Always show icons, never...
  6. Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to launch Corel Painter 2019 on Windows 10: I got Corel Painter 2019 a while back and now after installing it on my Windows 10 PC, I have been unable to get it to run. The error messages state that the code execution cannot proceed because a bunch of .dll files are missing MSVCP140, VCRUNTIME140. I am not sure why they...
  7. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...
  8. Corel Painter Essenstials 5 error 38 Please reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corel Painter Essenstials 5 error 38 Please reinstall: My wife uses this app a lot and she came to me with this error 38, from my resource I need to restart the Protexis Licensing service under the services app. Ido not have that and seems to be gone. where should I go next? 138890
  9. .Rif files thumbnail viewer for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .Rif files thumbnail viewer for Windows 10: Can anybody recommend a thumbnail viewer for .rif files which can be used on Windows? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rif-files-thumbnail-viewer-for-windows-10/6cbfa7c2-bc3a-452d-a75f-d161bea67da6"
  10. Windows update and Corel Painter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and Corel Painter: I had Corel Painter 2018 installed and it worked fine. Had not used for a while and suddenly it wouldn't load and had an error message - I contacted Corel and they said that it had to be that some Windows update had not completed correctly and I needed to totally re-install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to generate thumbnail previews of corel painter riff files in explorer

2. how to preview corel painter riff files in explorer

3. rif ビューアー corel

4. painter not show thunbnail,
  5. corel painter thumbnail,
  6. how to reinstall corel painter thumbnail previewer program,
  7. Fix Corel painter thumbnails,
  8. core painter thumbnails missing