Windows 10: Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences

Discus and support Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question about Corel PaintShop Pro. Seems to happen in any version of it. In Windows 7, that I've been using prior to 10, in PaintShop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnunRhama, Nov 21, 2015.

1. AnunRhama Win User

Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences

Hi, I have a question about Corel PaintShop Pro. Seems to happen in any version of it. In Windows 7, that I've been using prior to 10, in PaintShop, when you would click on any drop menu or resize bar, you could use mouse scroll wheel to change among the layers styles, change the size of the brush, opacity, etc. You could do this by placing the cursor anywhere on the screen, and scrolling, as long as you have selected one of these menus first. This proved to be very useful, especially for instance, when resizing the brush, because you can observe it's shape changing on the canvas where you have placed the cursor, as you are scrolling the wheel. In Windows 10, this is not possible. You can only change values in the menus with the scroll wheel, while you are holding the mouse over the menus. You place the cursor anywhere else, and what the scroll wheel does is resize the canvas, and canvas only. This proves to be quite... agonizing cause you have to pinpoint the mouse on any of these menus and keep it there until the change is done, although they are very small, comparing to the software interface. As I understand, this has something to do with Windows 10 and not the program (though I might be wrong), because settings for the program are set to default, just like in Windows 7. If anyone understands the problem, it would be more than helpful to offer a solution, whether is changing something in System files, C++, whatever... So, if anybody has any insights, please share and thanks in advance.

:)

AnunRhama, Nov 21, 2015

2. Unable to install Corel x8. ActiveX scripts are being blocked.

Installing Corel Paintshop Pro X8 Ultimate is the problem.

Proteau2112, Nov 21, 2015
  3. After update of 12/12/17 Corel Paintshop Pro will not open, can't access files on thumdrives that worked previously.

Tried that the first night. Reloaded Corel Paintshop Pro, still get the dll errors.

Is it safe to de-install the security downloads of 12/12 and see if Corel then works?

PeterOlson1, Nov 21, 2015
  4. AnunRhama Win User

Well, I solved it. If this happens to anyone else if you are using these features, and you are switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10, what you need to do is go to Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad and set 'Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them' to OFF. Then it reverts to how it was in Windows 7. Works for Scaling, Opacity, Hardness, Layers, everything.

AnunRhama, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences - Similar Threads - Corel PaintShop Pro

2. Corel paintshop error ipp.dll not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corel paintshop error ipp.dll not found: Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not foundTrying to install on my new computer. Cleaning temp files, renaming, and reinstall did not work..what can I do?..it is not showing in my add or remove programs either...
  3. Corel paintshop error ipp.dll not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corel paintshop error ipp.dll not found: Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not foundTrying to install on my new computer. Cleaning temp files, renaming, and reinstall did not work..what can I do?..it is not showing in my add or remove programs either...
  4. Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not found: Trying to install on my new computer. Cleaning temp files, renaming, and reinstall did not work..what can I do?..it is not showing in my add or remove programs either...
  5. Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not found

Corel paintshop...error ipp.dll not found: Trying to install on my new computer. Cleaning temp files, renaming, and reinstall did not work..what can I do?..it is not showing in my add or remove programs either...
  6. Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error: Hi, I am getting the following error when trying to load Corel Paintshop Pro.exe:- [Window Title] C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe [Content] C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe The...
  7. Text size in Corel PaintShop Pro 2018 and MS Publisher 2007

Text size in Corel PaintShop Pro 2018 and MS Publisher 2007: This is my first time here and I need help with is a major problem for me. I recently bought a Microsoft Surface Studio computer and installed the latest version of Windows 10 (1909) on it. I do graphics work so I installed the programs that I use for my business. Corel...
  8. Corel PaintShop Pro X6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel PaintShop Pro X6: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 came free with my computer so I don't have a installation disk or a link from a email. You just entered the codes and it installed as far as I can remember. Up until yesterday it worked find and was perfect for my needs. This morning a screen popped...
  9. Corel Paintshop Photo 13 - wont start - W10 Upgrade

Corel Paintshop Photo 13 - wont start - W10 Upgrade: I just upgraded a Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. All went well but there are a few glitches as to be expected. One is that her copy of Corel Paintshop Photo Pro13 will not start. Clicking on the desktop shortcut or going directly to the program...
  10. Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software

Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software: I have a photo editing software that I use, Corel Paintshop Pro X5 that was not loading, it would stay stuck on the "Starting Up" screen. After contacting their support, they indicated that it was no longer supported by Windows 10 and that I should upgrade to X9. (Even though...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corel paintshop pro x7 mouse preferences