Windows 10: Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error

Discus and support Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting the following error when trying to load Corel Paintshop Pro.exe:- [Window Title] C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hins21, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Hins21 Win User

Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error

Hi, I am getting the following error when trying to load Corel Paintshop Pro.exe:-

[Window Title]

C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe

[Content]
    C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

The event properties is coming up with the following:-

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

How can I fix it? I am not a techy so will need step by step instructions.

Many thanks,

Hins

:)

Hins21, Dec 3, 2020
  2. D.Jarrell Win User

Corel PaintShop Pro X4 (2011). Installation on Windows 10.

I have an older version of Corel PaintShop Pro X4 (2011). It is not compatable with my computer using Windows 10. How do I get it to work on my computer?

D.Jarrell, Dec 3, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error

Corel Paintshop Pro X7 Ultimate and Windows 10

When opening Corel Paintshop Pro X7 Ultimate in Windows 10 I get the error code 0xc000007b. When checking compatibility it says there is a compatibility problem. Will not run when set to earlier version of Windows. Have tried a clean re-install with no
    effect. Find no information concerning compatibility with Windows 10 at the Corel Site.

ChesterShew, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error

1. Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error - Similar Threads - Corel Paintshop Pro

2. Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Hello - My Dell laptop just through an error that "the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". I have Microsoft 365 installed but use Chrome as my web browser. The error occurred when trying to launch Chrome. I believe this is also...
  3. side by side configuration error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    side by side configuration error: I have recently installed GTA 4 and when I open it, this is the error that is shows, I have tried reinstalling microsoft visual c++ 2015 and checking values in regedit but the problem still persists...
  4. side by side configuration error

side by side configuration error: I have recently installed GTA 4 and when I open it, this is the error that is shows, I have tried reinstalling microsoft visual c++ 2015 and checking values in regedit but the problem still persists...
  5. side by side configuration

side by side configuration: the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/375110d8-05d1-4c69-8ecc-087f88676162
  6. Side by side configuration error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by side configuration error: "The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."I cant open some apps because of this "side by side configuration is incorrect", i tried...
  7. side by side configuration error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    side by side configuration error: After I download an update for an application, when I attempt to open the file I get the following error: [ATTACH]Does anyone know what this means? When I download the update on a separate device and port it to my machine by sneakernet it installs nominally....
  8. Side-by-side configuration Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side-by-side configuration Error: Hi All of a sudden when i was using my laptop I started having this "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". And I have tried some of the solutions giving in the internet from trying to install Microsoft Visual C++...
  9. "Side by side configuration" Error

"Side by side configuration" Error: I'm catching this error with almost all of my apps. I can't open word, adobe reader, windows media player and I can't uninstall or install apps/programs. Attached is the exact error I' m getting. I haven't downloaded anything new. Any idea what is causing this? [img]...
  10. Side by Side configuration error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side by Side configuration error: When I try to open a game, an error comes up saying "The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect". I already tried download the C++ package but when I try to run it the same thing comes up. I've already tried everything but when I...