Windows 10: Coreldraw 2018 Close Immediately When Saving a file after a 1903 Windows Update Installed

Discus and support Coreldraw 2018 Close Immediately When Saving a file after a 1903 Windows Update Installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello and good day to all, We noticed that one of our installed Windows application: Coreldraw 2018 stops working suddenly, or will close immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Allan Registos, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Coreldraw 2018 Close Immediately When Saving a file after a 1903 Windows Update Installed

Hello and good day to all,

We noticed that one of our installed Windows application: Coreldraw 2018 stops working suddenly, or will close immediately when we save the file we are working on, resulting in data lost. This problem occurred after updates being made under Windows 1903.

The two updates I am referring were made last 10/04/2019 where this problem was discovered. One for security and the other for the usual windows update. I uninstalled one of the updates(KB4524147), and will update this post if this will solve this issue.

-Allan

:)

Allan Registos, Oct 7, 2019

2. Cannot launch CorelDraw X7 in Windows 10.

Hi Santa,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

Glad to know that you are able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the software on the computer.

Regarding the issue with selecting the compatibility mode. As you are using a CD drive to install the CorelDraw X7 software. We to first open the CD drive content by following steps and then follow the steps provided in the previous post to install the software
    in compatibility mode.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Then right click on DVD/CD drive with CorelDraw X7 software.

3. Click on Open option.

4. Then right click on Setup program file from the list and follow the steps provided in the previous post to install the program in compatibility mode.

Note: As the issue seems to be resolved, so I suggest you to perform the steps if you face the issue again in future.

Please get back to us with an update on using CorelDraw X7 program in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I have Coreldraw 8, love it, and it won't operate in my Windows 10. Help!

Hi Rev,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Do you get any error message?

Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall CorelDraw 8 and check if that works.

If issue persist, install in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the CorelDraw 8 in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install
    CorelDraw 8 in compatibility mode:

1. Download the CorelDraw 8from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the CorelDraw 8install and then check the functionality.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Coreldraw 2018 Close Immediately When Saving a file after a 1903 Windows Update Installed

Cannot launch CorelDraw X7 in Windows 10.

Hi Santa,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is compatibility issue with the application.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you check the compatibility of the program for installing in Windows 10?
    • Is the issue specific while using CorelDraw X7 program?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the CorelDraw X7 application in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the program setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7, 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on using CorelDraw X7 program in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Coreldraw 2018 Close Immediately When Saving a file after a 1903 Windows Update Installed

1. Coreldraw 2018 Close Immediately When Saving a file after a 1903 Windows Update Installed - Similar Threads - Coreldraw 2018 Close

2. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security settings closing immediately after closing: Whenever i open windows security, the window instantly closes. i've tried using sfc /scannow, reinstalling windows and checking for malware with Malwarebytes. However none of these solutions seemed to help me. i'm also missing the windows defender service and antimalware...
  3. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security settings closing immediately after closing: Whenever i open windows security, the window instantly closes. i've tried using sfc /scannow, reinstalling windows and checking for malware with Malwarebytes. However none of these solutions seemed to help me. i'm also missing the windows defender service and antimalware...
  4. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 installer starts and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installer starts and closes immediately: Hi,I am a user of Windows 7 Professional.I wanted to dual boot my PC with Windows 10 Home.I was searching for how to dual boot without USB Drive and also I found a video which was saying that I would find a file named setup.exe from the ISO after extracting...The path is...
  6. Windows 10 installer starts and closes immediately

Windows 10 installer starts and closes immediately: Hi,I am a user of Windows 7 Professional.I wanted to dual boot my PC with Windows 10 Home.I was searching for how to dual boot without USB Drive and also I found a video which was saying that I would find a file named setup.exe from the ISO after extracting...The path is...
  7. After Windows Update all programs open then close immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows Update all programs open then close immediately: Greetings, on 26/02/2021 Windows got an update KB4023057, and after restart nothing works anymore. Chrome and cmd works only, everything else starts then closes immediately. Even trying to start anything in Settings. Troubelshoot or recovery starts then closes and Settings...
  8. Windows Mail opens and then closes immediately after April Update

Windows Mail opens and then closes immediately after April Update: After applying the April Update KB4549951 my Windows Mail App - Mail not Outlook - opens then closes immediately. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem remains. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Regards, John...
  9. After Windows Update 1903 -- Not Able to Save Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Windows Update 1903 -- Not Able to Save Files: Hello Windows 10 Update version 1903 users. I wanted to post a fix to an issue I had after I completed the Windows 10 version 1903 update. ISSUE: I was unable to save any files to my computer. It seemed anytime I tried to save a file, it would give an error that...
  10. OneDrive Files Showing Sync Icon when Saving As after 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Files Showing Sync Icon when Saving As after 1903 Update: Today, I installed the 1903 update and the relevant cumulative updates offered thereafter. All seems okay, and, since the update all OneDrive folders and files have the Synced icon (green circle) against them. However, when performing a ‘Save As’ and choosing the OneDrive...