Windows 10: Coreldraw files with thumbnails have no distinctive icon

Discus and support Coreldraw files with thumbnails have no distinctive icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, first time here. My problem is in the browser, as I have many image files in a folder, that include JPG, PNG, CPT Corel Photopaint and CDR corel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarceloPalacios Solórzano, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Coreldraw files with thumbnails have no distinctive icon

Hi, first time here.

My problem is in the browser, as I have many image files in a folder, that include JPG, PNG, CPT Corel Photopaint and CDR corel Draw files. Well, at first the thumbnails of CDR and CPT files showed the logo icon of the software in the low right corner, but now only CPT files do. CDR files thumbnails have no distinction from JPG or PNG. Can I get back to original situation?

:)

MarceloPalacios Solórzano, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    CDR Thumbnails and Windows 10

Here are the steps that can be taken to resolve this:

1. Browse a file directory that contains a CDR file. If you do not have a file yet, you can go to the Extra Content folder which is, by default, saved in your computer’s Shared Documents.

2. Right-click on a file then choose Open With > Choose Program.

3. Choose CorelDraw and make sure to tick the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file." Save the changes.

4. Make sure that the essential part of CorelDraw Windows Shell Extention component is installed. Navigate to Add/Remove Programs and Features.

5. If the component does not appear on your program listing, you would need to
    repair your CorelDraw installation.

6. Choose CorelDraw from the program list then click the
    Change/Remove button. This will start the repair procedure.

7. When prompted, choose Modify
    from the options presented then proceed to the next step.

8. Go to the Features
    tab then at the utilities drop down menu, make sure that Windows Shell Extension is checked.

9. Finish the installation by clicking Install Now on the next step.

10. CorelDraw should now be able to display image thumbnail previews.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Coreldraw files with thumbnails have no distinctive icon

Cannot launch CorelDraw X7 in Windows 10.

Hi Santa,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

Glad to know that you are able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the software on the computer.

Regarding the issue with selecting the compatibility mode. As you are using a CD drive to install the CorelDraw X7 software. We to first open the CD drive content by following steps and then follow the steps provided in the previous post to install the software
    in compatibility mode.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Then right click on DVD/CD drive with CorelDraw X7 software.

3. Click on Open option.

4. Then right click on Setup program file from the list and follow the steps provided in the previous post to install the program in compatibility mode.

Note: As the issue seems to be resolved, so I suggest you to perform the steps if you face the issue again in future.

Please get back to us with an update on using CorelDraw X7 program in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Coreldraw files with thumbnails have no distinctive icon

1. Coreldraw files with thumbnails have no distinctive icon - Similar Threads - Coreldraw files thumbnails

2. coreldraw file open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    coreldraw file open: please open "word document "and coreldraw file open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coreldraw-file-open/3062eeb2-97ad-4f85-92ec-5e4e6c96f4cb
  3. coreldraw file open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    coreldraw file open: please open "word document "and coreldraw file open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coreldraw-file-open/3062eeb2-97ad-4f85-92ec-5e4e6c96f4cb
  4. coreldraw file open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Icons / thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons / thumbnails: In Windows 10, I can't change the icon view to thumbnails. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-thumbnails/11b292ca-0973-40d8-ab36-6c5ce181894d
  6. Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files: How do I make my PC to have folders display as icons and files to display as thumbnails? -thank you 169049
  7. I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.

I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.: Problem .PNG files don't have thumbnails: *I had to cut out file names for privacy reasons* : [ATTACH] Problem 2 Windows 10's built apps like Settings, Mail, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, Groove Music, etc... have missing icons:[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Quick note: I'm not...
  8. icons or thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    icons or thumbnails?: My pc has started to show mostly icons instead of jpeg photos how can I reverse this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-or-thumbnails/c0f8aefb-25b0-4384-a70e-f9d95bb1a02b
  9. No CorelDraw

No CorelDraw: After 30 some years I find myself unable to install and use CorelDraw and Corel PaintShop Pro. Thank you Microsoft for your 1803 update. Your system has not been modified, etc., etc. 113511
  10. Icons and thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and thumbnails: Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot generate thumbnail Png file refuses to open after being saved from coreldraw