Windows 10: CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close

Discus and support CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed CorelDRAW 12 on my Windows 10 machine a couple months ago, opened and closed some CDR files and it ran fine. Yesterday I opened a CDR and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theskeezix, Sep 8, 2018.

1. theskeezix Win User

CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close

I installed CorelDRAW 12 on my Windows 10 machine a couple months ago, opened and closed some CDR files and it ran fine.

Yesterday I opened a CDR and imported a TIF file. The file imported but I could not resize it because DRAW appeared to be frozen. A few seconds later DRAW closed. Then I reopened DRAW and imported a JPG file, and a PNG file but got the same results.

Any ideas where the problem could be? I am running version Windows 10.0.17134.

:)

theskeezix, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Newmaven Win User

I need a photo to line-drawing converter

I need a program that will convert photos to unshaded line drawings--like mechanical drawings, not pseudo art. Kodak Easy-Share did that, but does not run under Windows 10. Any suggestions (preferably cheap)?

Newmaven, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Nyima Yonten Win User

Cannot launch CorelDraw X7 in Windows 10.

Hi Santa,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is compatibility issue with the application.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you check the compatibility of the program for installing in Windows 10?
    • Is the issue specific while using CorelDraw X7 program?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the CorelDraw X7 application in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the program setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7, 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on using CorelDraw X7 program in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close - Similar Threads - CorelDRAW Runs Importing

2. Photo import hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo import hangs: In the last few months I have not been able to use the automatic import function in the Photos app, as it hangs shortly after the import window opens and starts filling it with photos from my source. Using an SD card directly into my Surface Book2, or connecting my Nikon...
  3. photo import

photo import: windows 10 won't let me import photo's from my ipad pro - or my iphone - it does not seem to know it's there - I have said yes to the trust this computer when the message flashes up on my pad and phone but to no avail - HELP...
  4. importing photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    importing photos: cannot import photos from camera or iPad, or iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/importing-photos/f0616958-f776-4af7-a6d1-addb41fde6dd
  5. importing photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    importing photos: How do I import photos from my 1Pad on to my computer. I am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/importing-photos/6b9aa527-3599-435c-ae75-a7890df28aaa
  6. photos on windows 10 pro - importing problem

photos on windows 10 pro - importing problem: Hello, I am working on a fully updated windows 10 pro computer. The Photos app lets me import pictures from my iphone, and I organize them all by date. So all pictures taken on 7/25/2018 should be copied to a folder on my computer. The only problem I have is that all...
  7. No "Import" button in Photos

No "Import" button in Photos: Trying to import pictures from my iphone, however can't find "Import" button in Photos app. Screenshot below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/no-import-button-in-photos/e96b8a84-68bf-4744-9f53-e395a4b364c6
  8. Windows 10 runs ok then progressively dies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 runs ok then progressively dies: I've been directed here from the general forum since it sounds like I have a hardware issue. My symptoms are: Windows 10 Pro, version 1709 Everything OK from bootup for several minutes/an hour or two/perhaps all day, then: Firefox browser won't start. Chrome browser...
  9. How do I draw on photos?

How do I draw on photos?: I have just opened photos from the apps in the start screen and a window came up telling me about editing and drawing on photos and something else that I can't remember. I couldn't find any link to this in Photos so how do I draw on photos please? The window telling me about...
  10. Imported photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Imported photos: I'm what's known as a dreaded newbie and my experience with computers is pretty limited, that's why I joined this forum, to hopefully broaden my knowledge by tapping into yours. Before I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 my imported photos were sent to "My Pictures" and it was...