Windows 10: CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close

Discus and support CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed CorelDRAW 12 on my Windows 10 machine a couple months ago, opened and closed some CDR files and it ran fine. Yesterday I opened a CDR and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theskeezix, Sep 8, 2018.

1. CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close

I installed CorelDRAW 12 on my Windows 10 machine a couple months ago, opened and closed some CDR files and it ran fine.

Yesterday I opened a CDR and imported a TIF file. The file imported but I could not resize it because DRAW appeared to be frozen. A few seconds later DRAW closed. Then I reopened DRAW and imported a JPG file, and a PNG file but got the same results.

Any ideas where the problem could be? I am running version Windows 10.0.17134.

:)

theskeezix, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Newmaven Win User

I need a photo to line-drawing converter

I need a program that will convert photos to unshaded line drawings--like mechanical drawings, not pseudo art. Kodak Easy-Share did that, but does not run under Windows 10. Any suggestions (preferably cheap)?

Newmaven, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Sep 8, 2018
  4. CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close

Cannot launch CorelDraw X7 in Windows 10.

Hi Santa,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is compatibility issue with the application.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you check the compatibility of the program for installing in Windows 10?
    • Is the issue specific while using CorelDraw X7 program?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the CorelDraw X7 application in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the program setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7, 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on using CorelDraw X7 program in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close

1. CorelDRAW Runs OK on Windows 10 but Importing Any Photo Causes DRAW to Close - Similar Threads - CorelDRAW Runs Importing

2. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo import to folders: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  3. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo import to folders: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  4. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 photos import procedure?

Windows 10 photos import procedure?: Recently I have used Win 10 to import my pics from my Android S9 phone. In the past, Photo would see my phone an I could direct it to save the photos to my E:/ drive and it would create a folder for each day the pictures were taken. The folder name would be 2020-12-15....
  6. Photo Imports iPhoneXR to Windows 10

Photo Imports iPhoneXR to Windows 10: I have been trying to export recent photos from my iPhoneXR to Windows 10. However, the computer appears to only be reading a partial file. Not all images are transferring....
  7. Windows 10 not importing photos

Windows 10 not importing photos: Hi, I downloaded photos from a Canon Nexus yesterday to my laptop windows 10 using the same USB port I use to download photos from my iphone 7. Today when I tried downloading photos from the Iphone having connected it via USB cable I am repeatedly getting the message...
  8. Importing photo setting for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photo setting for windows 10: Recently, I can not import my pictures from my camera . I m running windows 10 and wondering if some setting is preventing the import. When I connect my camera the window pops up but then freezes preventing me from choosing to import and then disappears. What is preventing me...
  9. Windows photo importer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows photo importer: I used to be able to plug an SD card into my computer, the importer would pop up, and in one click I would ask it to import my photos and videos while deleting them off the SD card when finished. Now, for some reason the importer won't remember my settings to delete the...
  10. Draw in photos

Draw in photos: I have only 6 colours when I will draw? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draw-in-photos/f992087b-f5a1-4257-a239-53d443320ae7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corel draw 12 keeps closing windows 10