Windows 10: Correct admin password and pin not working

Discus and support Correct admin password and pin not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Today I tried to log into my Admin account on my PC but 1. The pin prompt shows as unavailable and 2. The password I enter does not work, even... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SantiagoQuijano, May 31, 2023.

1. Correct admin password and pin not working

Hello, Today I tried to log into my Admin account on my PC but 1. The pin prompt shows as unavailable and 2. The password I enter does not work, even though it is 100% correct. I tried changing it from my windows account settings, but it still happens. I am able to log into another account on my computer but it doesn't have admin rights so I don't know how I can even begin to fix this without wiping all my stuff from my computer.I can't use command prompt as an admin nor do a system restore from the recovery environment since that asks for my admin password, which does not work.Any help is app

:)

SantiagoQuijano, May 31, 2023
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 31, 2023
  3. nikolod Win User
    WIN 10 Admin password not working.

This really helped and the Hibernate problem was put to rest, however the pswd is not reset. I am following the default option in NT and at some point it is just cycling around, until i choose to quite. I can see the admin has been selected and some attempts are made to clear the register. I says the pswd appears to be blank and suggest to log in with blank pswd. Also when quitting, it asked to write the changes to the disk - y. But when tested later, there still is a password.
    The program looks pretty neat though.

Some steps from me: on the pc is a guest acc, so no password. This is still something, then i achieve to get to the Recovery and restart. Now I have tried various options like run Safe mode with Command prompt and type the bcdedit command, which is access denied. Option 2 to run just the command prompt also failed, because ask for admin password.

Guys, is there any way to get rid of the Safe mode from the recovery/ troubleshoot/ advanced options without the admin password?????

I found this whole story to be really, really big safety issue for this windows. If the only option is to log in to safe mode with the password(no pin) why the hell, they do not ask for it when switching it on?! Poor programming from everywhere! Also some restriction are easy to go around - after couple of days playing around on this issue.

nikolod, May 31, 2023
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Correct admin password and pin not working

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Correct admin password and pin not working

1. Correct admin password and pin not working - Similar Threads - Correct admin password

2. Windows 11 the correct password and PIN dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 the correct password and PIN dont work: Hello,Last evening i tried loging into my laptop, typed in the password in a hurry and might have got it wrong. Of course, i was locked out. Windows told me to choose another sign in option or wait 2 hours. I waited even more, but it didnt work.Fast forward to today, i tried...
  3. Windows 11 the correct password and PIN dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 the correct password and PIN dont work: Hello,Last evening i tried loging into my laptop, typed in the password in a hurry and might have got it wrong. Of course, i was locked out. Windows told me to choose another sign in option or wait 2 hours. I waited even more, but it didnt work.Fast forward to today, i tried...
  4. Correct admin password not working on user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct admin password not working on user account windows 10: Hello, I have two accounts on my PC, admin and user. I CAN log in to my admin account, I know the password. When I use the user account and run something as admin, I get a prompt asking for the admin password. The password is rejected. It's the right password, I'm 100% sure....
  5. Correct admin password not working on user account windows 10

Correct admin password not working on user account windows 10: Hello, I have two accounts on my PC, admin and user. I CAN log in to my admin account, I know the password. When I use the user account and run something as admin, I get a prompt asking for the admin password. The password is rejected. It's the right password, I'm 100% sure....
  6. Correct admin password not working on user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Correct admin password and pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct admin password and pin not working: Hello, Today I tried to log into my Admin account on my PC but 1. The pin prompt shows as unavailable and 2. The password I enter does not work, even though it is 100% correct. I tried changing it from my windows account settings, but it still happens. I am able to log into...
  8. Correct admin password and pin not working

Correct admin password and pin not working: Hello, Today I tried to log into my Admin account on my PC but 1. The pin prompt shows as unavailable and 2. The password I enter does not work, even though it is 100% correct. I tried changing it from my windows account settings, but it still happens. I am able to log into...
  9. Correct admin password and pin not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Admin Password is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Password is not working: I have an admin password set up and it is not working, and will not let me in my work computer. it is windows 7 dell computer with windows 10 now installed. I have tried the Power shift option but I cannont have all my work files delete. I need help getting my computer...