Windows 10: Correct boot order for USB stick

Discus and support Correct boot order for USB stick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Im having a problem booting into my USB stick from my BIOS. Im not sure what correct boot order for an USB stick is.. Im using an MSI B250M... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Solue, May 5, 2019.

1. Solue Win User

Correct boot order for USB stick

Hello. Im having a problem booting into my USB stick from my BIOS. Im not sure what correct boot order for an USB stick is..

Im using an MSI B250M PRO-VDH Motherboard. My current boot order is like this:

Correct boot order for USB stick 30b2a21c-0fa2-475b-bc99-cd8e55440a6a?upload=true.jpg My USB name is INTENSO

Correct boot order for USB stick 8234be0b-081c-4235-bf4b-b486252d2343?upload=true.jpg When I try to boot from my USB stick with those boot orders I get an error/message.

Correct boot order for USB stick e0665910-d3ed-40a8-af3e-e5cf82c15190?upload=true.jpg Im assuming that my boot order is not correct so it cant boot from my USB stick.

I installed and set up Windows 10 on my usb with Media creation tool and I want to install windows on a computer but I cant boot into my usb stick.

Im using a working Intenso rainbow usb stick with 16 gb of storage.I do not have any other drives or usb sticks connected to my pc other than an hdd that is used for windows aka C:\

I really need some help on how to boot correctly from my usb or set boot order corectly so I can install Windows 10.

:)

Solue, May 5, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 5, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

Typically the USB should be listed under the hard drive boot order. Set your "Boot Device Priority" to HDD first, then set the hard drive boot order to the USB stick first.

Correct boot order for USB stick bios_asus-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, May 5, 2019
  4. Denzell Win User

Correct boot order if you want to boot from USB Flash Drive?

What is the correct boot order on BIOS Boot menu if I want to boot my laptop from a USB Flash Drive?

Is This Correct (My BIOS Default)?

1. CD/DVD ROM
    2. USB
    3. USB Floppy
    4. Hard Disk
    5. Network Device

Denzell, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Correct boot order for USB stick - Similar Threads - Correct boot order

2. correct or recommended boot order.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    correct or recommended boot order.: Can someone help me out with the correct or recommended boot order. I have an HP 5ap8mp 17- can3xxx running Windows 11..... UEFI Boot Order 1. OS Boot Manager 2. Internal CD/DVD ROM drive 3. USB flash drive /USB hard drive 4. USB CD/DVD ROM drive 5. Network adapter...
  3. correct or recommended boot order.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    correct or recommended boot order.: Can someone help me out with the correct or recommended boot order. I have an HP 5ap8mp 17- can3xxx running Windows 11..... UEFI Boot Order 1. OS Boot Manager 2. Internal CD/DVD ROM drive 3. USB flash drive /USB hard drive 4. USB CD/DVD ROM drive 5. Network adapter...
  4. Making a USB Boot Stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making a USB Boot Stick: I keep getting Error 0x8004255A-oxA001B. Three times, on different USB sticks. Please Advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-usb-boot-stick/ddd8a4e8-1408-4446-bb1e-b5837d145275
  5. usb stick for boot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick for boot issue: Hi, I want to build an usb stick for boot, to install Windows 10 Pro on an Acer 515-55 laptop. I purchased an electronic license, so I have to build my own stick. Bios needs FAT32 format stick, and ISO file provided by Microsoft on download is like 5 GB [it has...
  6. Export Playlist order to a USB stick

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Export Playlist order to a USB stick: How can I keep the original playlist order when playing from the USB stick? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-playlist-order-to-a-usb-stick/f332617c-0961-4aeb-9fd9-7e926c2b83e7"
  7. What is the correct boot order on windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is the correct boot order on windows 10?: I got an error that says, "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". I was reading around and it said somewhere to check if the boot order is correct. The order that it's showing for me is: P0: ST2000DM001-1CH164...
  8. UEFI boot order of disks is not correct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI boot order of disks is not correct: I am confused. My machine, MSI Titan GT80S SLI "Skylake" sometimes takes over a min to boot and sometimes just 30 seconds, weird. I wonder if the boot sequences as defined in UEFI has something to do with it. The boot order does not look right. The first disk that appears...
  9. Disk boot order not correct in UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk boot order not correct in UEFI: My machine, MSI Titan GT80S SLI "Skylake" sometimes takes over a min to boot and sometimes just 30 seconds, weird. I wonder if the boot sequences as defined in UEFI has something to do with it. It does not look right. The first disk that appears there, 860 EVO, is not the...
  10. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792