Windows 10: Correct Choice to Disable Windows Error Reporting in gpedit.

Discus and support Correct Choice to Disable Windows Error Reporting in gpedit. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, In gpedit, I see two locations to deal with Windows Error Reporting. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DirtDart, Jun 15, 2019.

1. DirtDart Win User

Correct Choice to Disable Windows Error Reporting in gpedit.

Hello all, In gpedit, I see two locations to deal with Windows Error Reporting.

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Error Reporting:
    Disable Windows Error Reporting

and

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System\Internet Communication Management > Internet Communication settings:
    Turn off Windows Error Reporting

Why two, and which, if not both, would be the correct choice?

:)

DirtDart, Jun 15, 2019
  2. tcebob Win User

Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

Correct Choice to Disable Windows Error Reporting in gpedit. [​IMG]

tcebob, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Disabling Browser Choice Screen in WIndows 10

How do I disable the Browser Choice Screen in Windows 10? I've made all the corrections and settings that I can think of, yet I still get a box that lists all m6y browser choices and asks if I want to continue to use the "app". Any ideas on how to stop
    this---it's quite annoying!

Thanks!

SharonIgoe von Behren, Jun 15, 2019
  4. jscarano Win User

Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition

I have tried the registry edit I found on other pages but I havent seemed to get it disabled. Anyone have any tips or suggestions to get error reporting disabled? thanks

jscarano, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Correct Choice to Disable Windows Error Reporting in gpedit. - Similar Threads - Correct Choice Disable

2. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  3. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  4. Windows 11 is not reporting updates correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is not reporting updates correctly.: I have installed windows 11 but it is not getting WSUS updates.Searching, I saw that it is because of this key that has the wrong value.Is there any provision to fix the key value?...
  5. Windows 11 is not reporting updates correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is not reporting updates correctly.: I have installed windows 11 but it is not getting WSUS updates.Searching, I saw that it is because of this key that has the wrong value.Is there any provision to fix the key value?...
  6. Windows Explorer Not Reporting Storage Correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Not Reporting Storage Correctly: I have a 250GB SK Hynix SSD installed on my computer. I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Home. Windows Explorer reports that I've used 116 GB, whereas WinDirStat says I've used 79.4 GB. The storage menu in the settings app reports that I've used 132 GB. [IMG]...
  7. cannot disable error reporting service

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot disable error reporting service: Not only that this is privacy issue. It is better to disable it for performance. I have disabled this service. I have even disabled in privacy program and it is still reporting errors, today i saw it running windows problem reporting wemgr.exe and i checked in msinfo, that it...
  8. Disable Windows Error Reporting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Windows Error Reporting: When a program crashes, how do you disable the menu that pops up that ask if you want to fix it and then attempts to send data? 9719
  9. Enable or Disable Windows Error Reporting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Error Reporting in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Error Reporting in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Error Reporting in Windows 10 Windows Error Reporting (WER) is a flexible event-based feedback infrastructure designed to gather information about the hardware and software...
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...