Windows 10: Correct Download Folders File path

Discus and support Correct Download Folders File path in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My default download folder was Downloads in C: Drive I moved location to my Partioned I: drive for more space. I did not name it correctly and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielRudick, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Correct Download Folders File path

My default download folder was Downloads in C: Drive I moved location to my Partioned I: drive for more space. I did not name it correctly and it appears in File explorerI Correct Download Folders File path 2bc69e45-037a-4cdc-9df1-d7c67f50b47b?upload=true.png

:)

DanielRudick, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 default download file folder

Hi Janice,

The file path of your Downloads folder may have changed that is why the items that you've downloaded using Microsoft Edge always goes to a different file path. We recommend that you check the file path of your Downloads folder itself to see if it's in the
    default path. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Go to this file path: C:\Users\<your username>.
    • Right-click the Downloads folder, and the click Properties.
    • Go to the Location tab.
    • Check if the file path inside the text is correct. The file path should be:
      C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads

If the file path is correct, kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Does the issue occur when you download items using other web browsers like Internet Explorer?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Sep 13, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Add a path to $PATH?

To add ~/bin to $PATH try this -

EDIT: Source

oily_17, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Correct Download Folders File path

Windows 10 default download file folder

Thank you for the information, Janice. Like what we've mentioned in our previous reply, the file path of your Downloads folder in File Explorer may be different that is why you're encountering the issue. Kindly check the file path of the Downloads folder
    to see if the file path is correct. You can refer to the steps that we've provided in our last reply to know how to check the file path of your Downloads folder in File Explorer. Kindly provide us also how you save your downloaded items. If possible, walk
    us through the process on how you do it.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Correct Download Folders File path

1. Correct Download Folders File path - Similar Threads - Correct Download Folders

2. a download path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a download path: I have a download with a weird path and I can't find a way to delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-download-path/004ba541-3691-47ac-8f59-7c429bb888bb
  3. a download path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a download path: I have a download with a weird path and I can't find a way to delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-download-path/004ba541-3691-47ac-8f59-7c429bb888bb
  4. File search and path folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File search and path folder: Hi all, i have windows 10 and I'm connected to others PC, also with windows 10.When I search a file in my computer, or in the PC-X, the results correctly shows the path folder under "Folder".When I search a file in PC-Y of the network, it finds the files but dosen't show the...
  5. File search and path folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File search and path folder: Hi all, i have windows 10 and I'm connected to others PC, also with windows 10.When I search a file in my computer, or in the PC-X, the results correctly shows the path folder under "Folder".When I search a file in PC-Y of the network, it finds the files but dosen't show the...
  6. File search and path folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Folder Path "\..\..\"

Folder Path "\..\..\": Could you please let me know what the slash and period "\..\..\" notation mean in a folder path:C:\Users\Username\Documents\Project\..\..\SubProject\Module.basas I'm trying to understand and old VB6 project that errors out on the path?Thank you.DeuceSactown, USA...
  8. Change File Download to Correct File

Change File Download to Correct File: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016. I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I changed the RMD file to a PDF Adobe Acrobat file. I tried to re-download the file and each time I re-download the file, the...
  9. Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly

Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly: When I download a document from the web or when I save a document attached to an email, it often puts it in the Downloads folder but under the wrong date. My computer has the correct date and time on it so why is it assigning the wrong date to the dowloaded or saved file? I'm...
  10. Is the a way to correct the control panel shortcut file path?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the a way to correct the control panel shortcut file path?: I just upgraded to an M.2 and I was trying to save space so after I installed all the drivers and updated windows I went into the registry and pointed the instillation path to my D drive to install programs that don't give you the option to choose the install location like...