Windows 10: Correct, Efficient way to remove windowsapps folder structure

Discus and support Correct, Efficient way to remove windowsapps folder structure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a mechanical WD Blue Harddrive that i installed a few windowsapps (from the store and from xbox) onto. I have since moved all the apps from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Griff2bad, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Griff2bad Win User

Correct, Efficient way to remove windowsapps folder structure

Hi, I have a mechanical WD Blue Harddrive that i installed a few windowsapps (from the store and from xbox) onto. I have since moved all the apps from this HDD to an NVMe, but am left with the folders "WindowsApps", "WpSystem" and "WUDownloadCache". There is nothing in the tutorials i could find or search for regarding the removal of these folders. I have looked elsewhere, and theres references of using security features to take access of the folder, then deleting it. Or Formatting your HDD was another option. I mean Im not a savage, Neither of these options is really acceptable? Is there not a simple way to tell windows to "remove windows apps installation folder structure from this drive?" WINVER: 21H1 19043

:)

Griff2bad, Aug 7, 2021
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Remove Extra WindowsApps Folder

I really don't wanna take out my SSD just to delete that bug folder... Do you have another ways to delete that WindowsApps folder? That is a big bug!!!! I really hate Windows 10, so many bugs!

SeCrEt BoY™, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Correct, Efficient way to remove windowsapps folder structure

Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

I have been tearing what little hair I have left out of my head trying to copy a file from my desktop to the appropriate folder in the Kodi folder buried in the XBMC… folder in Windowsapps in a brand-new fairly high-end laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get beyond first what appears to be a UAC “Destination Folder Access Denied” error message saying “You’ll need to provide administrative permission to copy to this folder.” If I click on the UAC “continue” button I get another “Destination Folder Access Denied” error box saying “You need permission to perform this action.” The second error box has only “Try Again” and “Cancel” buttons. Nothing is listed under “More details” in either error box.

Here is most of what I have tried:

1. changing ownership of Windowsapps and all folders below it to my Microsoft account user and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    2. changing ownership to administrators group for Windowsapps and all folders below it and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    3. enabling the “hidden” administrator account, going back to my Microsoft user account and granting full-control rights to the administrator account, returning to the administrator account, taking control with that account, granting full control permission to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    4. creating a new administrator account and repeating 3;
    5. completely disabling UAC through the registry, once in the default administrator account and once in my Microsoft account user.
    6. adding and using the “Take Ownership” context option on a Windowsapps folder as described in the Tutorial at Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 ; and
    7. running the following commands in an administrator command window:

Code:
    as suggested at: Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... - Windows 10 Forums
    In fact, even if I do an explicit copy from an administrator command window, I get an “access is denied” notice.

None of the many sources I have looked at online are of any help in dealing with this blockage. Please help — not only do I need to get full-control access to Windowsapps and its subfolders for this purpose, I also need to get full-control permission to Windowsapps folders in order to get rid of an annoying McAffee startup.exe which pops an error box on every boot up even though I removed McAffee in the normal way.

How can I get assured access to Windowsapps folders???

jedpaquette, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

Correct, Efficient way to remove windowsapps folder structure

1. Correct, Efficient way to remove windowsapps folder structure - Similar Threads - Correct Efficient remove

2. Is there a way to point the Xbox app to a windowsapp folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to point the Xbox app to a windowsapp folder?: I am having an issue with my windowsapps folders. I have 5 drives in total. One is an M.2. ssd that I use as my boot drive, a mostly unused sata ssd, and 3 high capacity Hdds that I use almost exclusively as storage for games. The 3 Hdds have migrated from previous builds,...
  3. Is there a way to point the Xbox app to a windowsapp folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to point the Xbox app to a windowsapp folder?: I am having an issue with my windowsapps folders. I have 5 drives in total. One is an M.2. ssd that I use as my boot drive, a mostly unused sata ssd, and 3 high capacity Hdds that I use almost exclusively as storage for games. The 3 Hdds have migrated from previous builds,...
  4. WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  5. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  6. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, I recently restored windows on my computer and I no longer have permissions to remove the 'WindowsApps' folder. When trying to remove the folder it references an old admin account I use to have before restoring. I changed the owner of the folder and provided myself...
  7. Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations: Hi there. Im facing issue to get rid of some old installation folders, since Windows create new folder for new version of some apps, it leaves there old version installation, and i want to remove it. With this command Code: Remove-AppxPackage "FullPackageName" i can delete...
  8. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?: I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have...
  9. Folder structure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder structure: Hi I would like my folder structure to have the list view but show thumbnails for files within those folders. In the 'folder options' I can only set either picture view or list view. How can I achieve list view AND show thumbs? I have realised I can set this manunally...
  10. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...