Windows 10: correct oder to perform commands

Discus and support correct oder to perform commands in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently i rebuild my system via F12 because it failed to start after repeatedly coming up with harddisk0 errors. Until today things have been fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rockface, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Rockface Win User

correct oder to perform commands

Recently i rebuild my system via F12 because it failed to start after repeatedly coming up with harddisk0 errors.

Until today things have been fine but after a slow start out of Hibernation , i noticed the same errors in my event log.

I think last time i used chkdsk, sfc and dism.

Can somebody please remind me of the correct order to use these commands please ?

:)

Rockface, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile correct oder to perform commands :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: The Group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation RuntimeBroker.exe

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get an error, “The Group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation” when you try to open Settings.

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: SFC Scan

I suggest you to try running the System File Checker to repair the corrupted Windows components. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste in the following command and hit Enter:

sfc /scannow
    4. Restart the computer.

For more information, see
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: Re-register Settings app

Since you are receiving the error when opening Settings, I would suggest you to try re-registering Settings application and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

3. Restart the computer.

Method 3: Reset Windows Update Components

I would suggest you to manually reset Windows Update Components and then check for updates. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :
    • net stop wuauserv
    • net stop cryptSvc
    • net stop bits
    • net stop msiserver
    • ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• net start wuauserv
    • net start cryptSvc
    • net start bits
    • net start msiserver
    Restart the computer and check for updates.

You may also want to check if the issue persists in new user account. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. correct oder to perform commands - Similar Threads - correct oder perform

2. Regarding Perform /Report command in Run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Perform /Report command in Run: Hello, I Have this problem where when i tried to test my laptops performance and i searched in google and i found Perform /Report but when i tried it its stuck collecting data, Here's it after 60 secondsI already tried the Sfc /Scannow maybe i need to try the dism command but...
  3. Regarding Perform /Report command in Run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Perform /Report command in Run: Hello, I Have this problem where when i tried to test my laptops performance and i searched in google and i found Perform /Report but when i tried it its stuck collecting data, Here's it after 60 secondsI already tried the Sfc /Scannow maybe i need to try the dism command but...
  4. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bcdedit /set correct command: What is the correct one cuz im a bit confused about it as some say one to another and it just really confused me....i want to disable it and if i did understand it should be True as false will forcesnoop if im right.bcdedit /set hypervisorloadoptions NOFORCESNOOPor bcdedit...
  5. Bcdedit /set correct command

Bcdedit /set correct command: What is the correct one cuz im a bit confused about it as some say one to another and it just really confused me....i want to disable it and if i did understand it should be True as false will forcesnoop if im right.bcdedit /set hypervisorloadoptions NOFORCESNOOPor bcdedit...
  6. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Control keys performing incorrect commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control keys performing incorrect commands: This is a problem that recently started on my computer. The control keys both of them keep performing the wrong commands. For instance:When I have Adobe Illustrator open, when I hit Ctrl + to zoom in, instead it opens the Preferences window which should be Ctrl-K. Ctrl-K...
  8. Control keys performing incorrect commands

Control keys performing incorrect commands: This is a problem that recently started on my computer. The control keys both of them keep performing the wrong commands. For instance:When I have Adobe Illustrator open, when I hit Ctrl + to zoom in, instead it opens the Preferences window which should be Ctrl-K. Ctrl-K...
  9. The Command cannot be performed....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Command cannot be performed....: I have Windows 10 and Word 2007. Using Firefox as my browser. For quite some time this has been an issue. I click on the Start button to get to the documents icon at the lower left of the window and click the document icon to open a document. A dialog box with exclamation...
  10. Chkdsk command not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk command not working correctly.: After a scan it says that I have errors on my disk and it needs to be repaired. It says I have to restart to repair. Once I restart, it says click any button to stop repair. I don’t press anything, and the computer starts up again without repairing. If I scan again, it says I...