Windows 10: correct password not recognized

Discus and support correct password not recognized in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; win 10 wont recognize my correct password. I cant get past the opening screen. tried all the fixes i saw on line. nothing works. Not a tech guy and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SamPazamickas, Dec 8, 2020.

1. correct password not recognized

win 10 wont recognize my correct password. I cant get past the opening screen. tried all the fixes i saw on line. nothing works. Not a tech guy and need the computer. frustrated. Any fixes microsoft???

:)

SamPazamickas, Dec 8, 2020

2. Correct password is ‘incorrect’

Hello Amy,

In line with your concern, I would suggest to try using all the passwords you've used in the past and check if it lets you proceed starting in Safe Mode. Also, to better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the error message that you're getting when you've experienced the blue screen error?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 8, 2020
  4. correct password not recognized

Windows 10 isn't recognizing my correct password. Help please?

I am having a problem signing in to my brand new computer because Microsoft isn't recognizing my correct password. I tried to change the password from my phone and now Microsoft won't recognize my correct password on my phone. How can I fix this problem.

Kristi LJM, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

correct password not recognized

1. correct password not recognized - Similar Threads - correct password recognized

2. numpad not recognized correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    numpad not recognized correctly: im tryna do some soundboard stuff but everytime i bind a numpad key to a sound instead of something like numpad1,2,3,etc its like end,down,next,home,pageup etc what going on...
  3. numpad not recognized correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    numpad not recognized correctly: im tryna do some soundboard stuff but everytime i bind a numpad key to a sound instead of something like numpad1,2,3,etc its like end,down,next,home,pageup etc what going on...
  4. Not accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not accepting correct password: For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows...
  5. Admin password not recognized

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password not recognized: Hi, there. I'm desperate. I just registered on this site to see if I can come up with a way to get into my laptop. My HP Envy is running Windows 10, and there's not a whole lot more I know about it. Last year I set up my husband up with his own account on the HP, and we...
  6. Won't recognize password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't recognize password: Each and every time I try to sign in to my Microsoft account, it says that I have the wrong password. So....I go through the process of getting a code and changing my password. Then when I try to sign in with the new password, it says that it is the wrong password....
  7. Windows 10 isn't recognizing my correct password. Help please?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 isn't recognizing my correct password. Help please?: I can't login into my laptop anymore. It worked fine before, but all of a sudden its saying that my correct password isn't correct. Whenever I type it in, it says "This password isn't correct, please try again." Is there a way to reset it without signing in?...
  8. Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

Help: Password Not Recognized!!!: Windows lock screen changed: password window shrank and the pin option disappeared. *Sick It will not accept my password! System: Dell Optiplex 745 5G, 250G Windows Insider fast lane, fresh udate. Booting to Safe Mode to solve another problem, it rejected my password. Can...
  9. Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Password Not Recognized!!!: Windows lock screen changed: password window shrank and the pin option disappeared. *Sick It will not accept my password! System: Dell Optiplex 745 5G, 250G Windows Insider fast lane, fresh udate. Booting to Safe Mode to solve another problem, it rejected my password. Can...
  10. Password not recognized

Password not recognized: I am using Windows 10 and went to system configuration and set it to boot into "Safe Mode". Now when I restart the computer it goes to the password screen. I enter the password and it comes back with the message "Password not recognized". I know it is the correct password, so...