Windows 10: correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1

Discus and support correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dragging a website's lock icon onto the desktop keeps giving a link to the printer dialog rather than creating an internetshortcut, so something is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Nov 11, 2021.

1. correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1

Dragging a website's lock icon onto the desktop keeps giving a link to the printer dialog rather than creating an internetshortcut, so something is wrong, and I'd like to correct it. I'm NOT asking for ways to create an internet shortcut, but howto correct this malfunction.

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Nov 11, 2021

2. "Internet ADSL" shortcut keeps reappearing

I have a very odd problem, I've just re-installed Vista x64 and the shortcut to connect me to my ADSL internet always recreates itself on bootup. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something to stop it doing it.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling ADSL modem drivers
    • Deleting shortcut every time
    • Deleting connection and recreating connection

Also it doesn't remember any of my settings associated with this connection. I have unchecked "Prompt me for name, and password..." and changed redialling options lots of times but when I restart the PC the shortcut has recreated itself and my preferences have been reset to default! *Confused correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1 :confused:

Any ideas?

oli_ramsay, Nov 11, 2021
  3. Internet Explorer malfunctioning has shut down my printer. Correction?

Internet Explorer malfunction has shut down my printer. How do I correct this problem?

eladnostam, Nov 11, 2021
  4. terrace Win User

correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1 :)

terrace, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1

1. correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1 - Similar Threads - correcting internet shortcut

2. FOLDER shortcut not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDER shortcut not working correctly: When I create a shortcut on the desktop of a folder not a file when I click to access the folder, it does not go to the folder but to the Windows Explorer that shows the files and icons on the desktop, the funny thing is that This does not happen with two external hard...
  3. FOLDER shortcut not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FOLDER shortcut not working correctly: When I create a shortcut on the desktop of a folder not a file when I click to access the folder, it does not go to the folder but to the Windows Explorer that shows the files and icons on the desktop, the funny thing is that This does not happen with two external hard...
  4. internet access malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet access malfunctioning: Over the last month or so, my access to the internet gets shut off every night at 9 pm to about 8 am. It says that I'm still connected, but with no internet.I do not believe it's being affected by an outside source....
  5. internet access malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet access malfunctioning: Over the last month or so, my access to the internet gets shut off every night at 9 pm to about 8 am. It says that I'm still connected, but with no internet.I do not believe it's being affected by an outside source....
  6. internet access malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1: Dragging a website's lock icon onto the desktop keeps giving a link to the printer dialog rather than creating an internetshortcut, so something is wrong, and I'd like to correct it. I'm NOT asking for ways to create an internet shortcut, but howto correct this malfunction....
  8. correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    correcting an internet shortcut malfunction in x32Win10ProV21H1: Dragging a website's lock icon onto the desktop keeps giving a link to the printer dialog rather than creating an internetshortcut, so something is wrong, and I'd like to correct it. I'm NOT asking for ways to create an internet shortcut, but howto correct this malfunction....
  9. Internet driver malfunction

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet driver malfunction: In my internet properties it says on everything Status: not present and I can't find the drivers from their names in task manager how do I install them please help....
  10. Renew Internet Shortcut

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Renew Internet Shortcut: Hi guys, I just recently installed Java from Minecraft. Then suddenly an app appeared in my desktop name Renew. When I open it it's like managing downloads and stuff. Is this safe to delete? I also try to open file location but it wont show and properties said its an internet...