Windows 10: Correcting email, & folders

Discus and support Correcting email, & folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have no problem with having a Microsoft account, but I DO NOT WANT the Hotmail account. I have not used it for years. It receives only spam and ads.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Airycat, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Airycat Win User

Correcting email, & folders

I have no problem with having a Microsoft account, but I DO NOT WANT the Hotmail account. I have not used it for years. It receives only spam and ads. I've given Microsoft my correct address. I sign in with my correct address. So why, today, when I am setting up a new laptop, does everything on it now have my Hotmail account?? And instead of my name, my user account name is a weird cutoff of my email. Took me forever to find where things I was transferring were going. Is there no way to delete the Hotmail account without closing my Microsoft account??How do I change my user name user folder

:)

Airycat, Jul 6, 2021
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Correcting email, & folders [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jul 6, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New spelling and grammar correction capabilities for Gmail in GSuite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Improved as-you-type spelling and grammar correction in Gmail

Brink, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Correcting email, & folders

Wanted:Automated email program that monitors a folder

Does anyone know of a program that can be setup in Windows XP to monitor a specified folder and email any files that appear in that folder. Even better would be to email the text from within those files - but I think this may be asking too much.

EnglishLion, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Correcting email, & folders

1. Correcting email, & folders - Similar Threads - Correcting email folders

2. I need help correct my email to my correct email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I need help correct my email to my correct email: I set up my laptop a couple of months back and hadn’t really used it that much and I realized the reason why I am having trouble logging in is because I accidentally put in my email wrong. It has a typo and when I try to correct it to the right one Microsoft won’t let it and...
  3. Correcting Administrator Email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Correcting Administrator Email: How do I change in Microsoft Store, Profile the name and email? Somehow it has my mother's email and name. I don't know if I should delete it and download again. If someone can help that would be great. I don't know how I did it. My name and email are correct in...
  4. Correcting Administrator Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correcting Administrator Email: How do I change in Microsoft Store, Profile the name and email? Somehow it has my mother's email and name. I don't know if I should delete it and download again. If someone can help that would be great. I don't know how I did it. My name and email are correct in...
  5. Correcting Administrator Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Emails into Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emails into Folders: When I receive email Mail for Windows 10 with picture attachments I like to "Save as" the email into storage folders in my Documents. For some reason the pics are being saved OK, but sometimes the text is shown as what looks like Chinese characters. Does anyone have any...
  7. Xbox account and emails not correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox account and emails not correct: Hello,I have recently got the Xbox series X with Telstra Ultimate, I have been able to create my account and get access to all of the game on both Xbox and PC which is awesome. No subscription issues or anything so far and I am in to month number two.When I do get to obtain...
  8. email correction

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email correction: On my initial set up i left out two letters from my email account. how do i correct that so its is accurate and i can sign into my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-correction/9c45c549-dea3-4a90-8f51-05d5103433db
  9. Correct the Reply email address on outgoing emails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Correct the Reply email address on outgoing emails.: Correct the gmail Reply email address. Currently showing .OUTLOOK, should be .GMAIL. Where is there a dialog to change that? Step-by-step please. Thnx!...
  10. Administrator Email Correction

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator Email Correction: We are setting up our new computer. By mistake we entered an email that isn't ours but appears to be owned by someone else. How can we reset our administrator account with our actual email. Please Help!...