Windows 10: Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer"

Discus and support Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I was doing some work on the desktops/laptops in my school to clean up network IP addresses. I came to one of my machines, an HP Pro 3500 series... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Todd Messer, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer"

Hi,

I was doing some work on the desktops/laptops in my school to clean up network IP addresses. I came to one of my machines, an HP Pro 3500 series desktop, and was going to change the computer name. In the process, I noticed the machine identified itself as a Compaq 500B microtower (another computer type in my building).

(It may help that an earlier project involved cloning old HDDs onto new SSDs for the machines to run faster, then moving some higher-spec machines - the aforementioned HP - to a computer lab, and moving the lower-spec Compaqs to a classroom)...

While the name thing may seem like an inconvenience, it seems that the machine is telling me it only has 3.39GB of its 8.00GB RAM usable, and that it is running a 32-bit OS version on an x64-based processor. The Compaq 500B was on 32-bit architecture, and I understand that Windows 10 will only recognize a maximum of 4GB RAM in that setup. But the actual machine (the HP Pro) can and does handle a 64-bit OS and all 8.00 (or 7.89) GB of RAM.

All this to say - is there a way to update or "refresh" this basic information? I don't want my machine hamstrung in its performance...

Thanks.

:)

Todd Messer, Sep 5, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Finding the Computer's Configuration information

Hello Lloyd,

May we know what configuration are you looking for in your computer?

If it is viewing the basic information about your computer, you may follow these steps:

• Click on the Start button.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select System, and then click About.
    • Under Related settings, click on System info.
    You may take a screenshot of your screen by pressing Print Scrn on your keyboard and pasting it on Paint. You may also edit the taken screen shot on
    Paint.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Spelling auto-correct isn't working

Hi Mark,

To resolve your issue about Spelling auto-correct, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the
      Settings app.
    • Navigate to Devices and go to Typing.
    • Under Spelling, switch the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words to the Off position.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, go to the same settings page and turn back
      On the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words
      feature.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer"

Autospell correction not working

Hello Linda,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.
    · Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?
    · Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?
    · Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

By design, Windows 10 will prompt user for Auto correction for misspelled words

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check the settings for the Autocorrect options (if it is set to off).

Please follow the below simple steps.

• Click on Start and choose Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Choose Typing in the left pane.
    • Set the toggler to on for Auto correct misspelled words.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Autospell correction in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer"

1. Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer" - Similar Threads - Correcting Basic Information

2. Information about DNS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Information about DNS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS.I would like to is it better to use ISP's default DNS or is it better to use 3rd Party DNS for getting Faster Internet Speeds. Which 3rd Part DNS is good to use I.e. Microsoft DNS...
  3. Information about DNS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Information about DNS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS.I would like to is it better to use ISP's default DNS or is it better to use 3rd Party DNS for getting Faster Internet Speeds. Which 3rd Part DNS is good to use I.e. Microsoft DNS...
  4. Basic Network Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basic Network Information: Hi All.I have a couple pcs/laptops connected to the internet , via a BT broandnabd RouterEach of the computers have static IP addresses , with the Bt Router as the Default Gateway and the Dns.All is working OK.However on one of the PC's the basic Network Info is howing...
  5. Basic Network Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Basic Network Information: Hi All.I have a couple pcs/laptops connected to the internet , via a BT broandnabd RouterEach of the computers have static IP addresses , with the Bt Router as the Default Gateway and the Dns.All is working OK.However on one of the PC's the basic Network Info is howing...
  6. Basic Network Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Need Information about Avast

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need Information about Avast: Hi, I want to install Avast antivirus is that safe?[Original Title: need inforamtion] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/need-information-about-avast/a64e2f49-cd06-4fc5-b566-e01009f69622
  8. adding information about a person

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    adding information about a person: can I enter the obituary of a person ? Where should it be added? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-information-about-a-person/239b36b5-a746-48da-89eb-7796355bfb97"
  9. Basic information about usb flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Basic information about usb flash drives: I want to use usb flash drives for creating rescue media for Windows 10 on my laptop and desktop. Is a certain type required? I know it has to be at least 4GB and think I read that it should be NTFS file system. Does a usb have to be formatted before using for this...
  10. Basic questions about DISM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Basic questions about DISM: My wife's laptop has a corruption that sfc /scannow could not fix so I am going to try DISM. But first I have some basic questions. (And please forgive any incorrect terminology in the questions.) Last Sept I used the MCT to build a USB flash memory with Win10 AU. I read...