Windows 10: corrupt BIOS update file - can someone confirm that file is bad?

Discus and support corrupt BIOS update file - can someone confirm that file is bad? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo T560 which is non-bootable. Even Windows Update (for 1903) could not fix this problem when I did selected Troubleshoot and Command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x509, Oct 4, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

corrupt BIOS update file - can someone confirm that file is bad?

I have a Lenovo T560 which is non-bootable. Even Windows Update (for 1903) could not fix this problem when I did selected Troubleshoot and Command Line.

The issue is that the BIOS update file I downloaded is apparently corrupted. Can someone try out this file and tell me if I screwed up repeatedly, OR indeed this file is bad.

I just got off the phone with Lenovo, having talked with about five different people for over one hour. I got switched around from hardware to software, and the last person said that because my machine is out of warranty, they will not talk with me. ** Since when does BIOS support end when the warranty ends? **

I need to use my Retrospect backup software to restore the damaged Windows partition. Retrospect uses a Recovery USB boot drive, to start the data restore process. I encountered a problem with the Retrospect Recovery boot drive which is specific to the T560. (That Recovery drive works fine on my desktop.) Retrospect support wants me to update the BIOS before they will look at the problem on their end.

The Retrospect support engineer was very helpful and sent me this link, which the right one for my system:
    https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/p...loads/ds112310

Because the system won't boot Windows, I downloaded n1kur23w.iso, which is for "BIOS Update (Bootable CD)." I downloaded that file onto my desktop system. When I created a bootable USB drive using Rufus 3.8, I got an error message. When I MOUNTed that ISO file, I saw that it was empty. So I repeated the download process twice more, with the same result.

So can someone, anyone, please download this ISO file and tell me if it is good or not. All I need is confirmation that the file IS good, and I screwed up repeatedly, or that is it not good, and I have to figure out some way to get a message to Lenovo senior support personnel. Anyone have a contact at Lenovo support?

I have been a Thinkpad customer since about 1995,and my wife and I currently have Thinkpad laptops. I think I deserve a better answer than, "Sorry, your system is out of warranty."

:)

x509, Oct 4, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Corrupted file RAR

I dl files via a p2p network. When I open them via WinRar,it gives me an error message that the file cannot be opened as it is corrupted( do not recollect the exact wordings). Is there a way to correct/repair this. It is at times frustrating to find that a file is corrupted esp when the size is a few 100 Mb or more and has taken some time to dl !!

Is there a way to find if a file is corrupted in advance ??

Thx in advance.

JustinWalt, Oct 4, 2019
  4. mroofie Win User

Corrupted file RAR

as far as I know you can try the repair option but usually that never works and that's why it might be impossible to get the files back :/

Who owns those rar files ?

mroofie, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. corrupt BIOS update file - can someone confirm that file is bad? - Similar Threads - corrupt BIOS update

2. corrupted file after a update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corrupted file after a update: Hi how can i change 2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5009596 back to 32 based system ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-file-after-a-update/6d5f02de-fa3d-4f98-9642-18318da96c28
  3. corrupted file after a update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupted file after a update: Hi how can i change 2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5009596 back to 32 based system ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-file-after-a-update/6d5f02de-fa3d-4f98-9642-18318da96c28
  4. Latest Windows 10 update corrupted BIOS files

Latest Windows 10 update corrupted BIOS files: Latest Windows 10 update corrupted BIOS files on my HP Pavilion laptop and CMOS was unable to be reset. I've been in circles on the HP support and Microsoft website. Anyone experienced this before and can provide me next steps? Thanks!...
  5. Getting a Bad Image error. Corrupted file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a Bad Image error. Corrupted file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\WPF\wpfgfx_v0400.dll is either not designed to run on Windows etc... Error status 0xc000012f I ran a CMD function sfc/ scannow and got the return message: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  6. updating bios file in Windows10

updating bios file in Windows10: How do I do this nowadays, that is check and update bios or uefi on an MSI GF Thin 95SC ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-bios-file-in-windows10/bd27ae56-03ca-454d-9c17-218cdbc25eb8
  7. Can someone analyze these dump files?

Can someone analyze these dump files?: I wanted to analyze them myself but I can't find anything online about how. I can open them, I see what program it thinks caused the crash, but I know it's actually a hardware error, here's a report from reliability monitor: Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  8. Oct Update Corrupted Files

Oct Update Corrupted Files: Hello, since the October Update happened, I've had numerous problems, like my pin getting reset and my wifi not fuctioning. I had it for over a week, but I did an sfc scan it it revealed that I have corrupted files. I also cannot restore the laptop and the wifi tab in...
  9. updates, sfc, and corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    updates, sfc, and corrupt files: After almost every update, if I run sfc it reports corrupt files. Sometimes it cures them, sometimes I have to run dism, and this time neither work. Why are updates corrupting system files? Bob Frost 37505
  10. Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed: Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed to the way it was in Windows 7? The one on windows 10 is inconvenient and even at times confusing (Like when backing up text files from my hard drive to a flash drive into a fold of the same name) [img] 18452