Windows 10: Corrupt boot manager on ssd

Discus and support Corrupt boot manager on ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I couldn't boot into windows and received the message 'boot manager is corrupted' Created a bootable windows 10 thumbdrive and booted from it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lobaba, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Lobaba Win User

Corrupt boot manager on ssd

I couldn't boot into windows and received the message 'boot manager is corrupted'

Created a bootable windows 10 thumbdrive and booted from it, clicked on repair and it just stayed at the loading screen. Happened similarly if i tried to install windows 10. I confirmed it can work when booting from it on a laptop.

Next i tried to boot from a windows 7 dvd and on clicking install, screen also stayed at setting up windows.

Unplugging the ssd where windows 10 was installed then allows me to get into setup.

This means i cant repair windows 10 or install any windows onto the ssd. Any ideas how to fix the boot manager of the ssd if i cant access it via bootable windows repair?

If i need to install windows onto my hard disk with data, will the data on it remain or be wiped off? It has 200gb free out of 1TB.

:)

Lobaba, Aug 7, 2016
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 7, 2016
  3. smarttab Win User
    boot manager corrupt

my wifes pc boot manager corrupt with lost cd

smarttab, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

Corrupt boot manager on ssd

1. Corrupt boot manager on ssd - Similar Threads - Corrupt boot manager

2. Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with a new SSD and Windows Boot manager: Recently I did install a new SSD into my Aurora R7. I've unplugged my HDD, installed the SSD, used Windows on an USB and installed the Windows on the SSD. Then formatted the HDD. It works fine and my computer boots in seconds but if I go to BIOS and try to change the boot...
  3. Boot Manager

Boot Manager: I have an older acer laptop that states that my Boot Manager is missing. I want to try to get this working to give to my grandson. My current laptop is also an Acer. Can I create a usb recovery drive to re install on the old computer? How do I go about doing this without...
  4. Setting up Windows boot manager to boot from SSD as secondary drive

Setting up Windows boot manager to boot from SSD as secondary drive: Hi, my situation is such that I had an internal mechanical HDD as the only booting drive. After adding a SSD inplace of optical drive it appears in system as 2nd hard drive without chance to change the order in UEFI BIOS. So it's internal drive #2. I used Paragon Hard Disk...
  5. SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update

SSD boot drive corrupted after Oct 10 failed update: Yes my ssd boot sector is no longer recognized after Oct 10 2018 failed update. Windows 10 Pro. Samsung 680 evo 500GB will no longer boot. I can use the drive as a storage drive still works like that. It is formatted in dynamic mode sectors and no provisioning (Ack)...
  6. Slow Boot on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot on SSD: Hi, I recently upgraded from an FX 8350 to a ryzen 5 1600x. This meant getting a new Mobo etc. With it came an SSD from Adata (120gb). I decided to install windows on the ssd and keep my 1tb HDD for games etc. I wiped the HDD (full clean, not quick one) and then installed...
  7. SSD Not Booting Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Not Booting Automatically: My SSD drive with Windows 10 Pro on it stopped automatically booting when turning on my computer a few days ago. All I can remember is that I installed MS-Office 2013 Professional Plus the night before. Everything was working normally until I tried to start my computer the...
  8. Windows 10 Boot manager removal for dual OS on SSD and HDD

Windows 10 Boot manager removal for dual OS on SSD and HDD: Hi, I'm looking for some guidance on Windows 10 boot manager installation. Here's my scenario: I have an SSD with windows 10 and I wanted to have a separate HDD with windows 10 also, I want to keep for various projects and trying new software out. Ideally, I wanted to swap...
  9. SSD Won't boot up, Windows might be corrupted.

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Won't boot up, Windows might be corrupted.: Hello, I bought an SSD (Samsung 850 evo 500GB) and I've installed Windows 10 in it (I didn't clone it from another hard drive). At first, after the installation, I was able to log in and I started to install programs, getting my files in there, that sort of stuff. In that...
  10. Copied SSD Will Not Boot

Copied SSD Will Not Boot: I have 2 SSD's, one of which I installed Windows 10 on. I copied everything from the Win10 SSD to the other one. It is an exact copy, all of the partitions are the same and everything. However, the other SSD will not boot. It always gives the message about inserting the boot...