Windows 10: Corrupt boot manager on ssd

Discus and support Corrupt boot manager on ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I couldn't boot into windows and received the message 'boot manager is corrupted' Created a bootable windows 10 thumbdrive and booted from it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lobaba, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Lobaba Win User

Corrupt boot manager on ssd

I couldn't boot into windows and received the message 'boot manager is corrupted'

Created a bootable windows 10 thumbdrive and booted from it, clicked on repair and it just stayed at the loading screen. Happened similarly if i tried to install windows 10. I confirmed it can work when booting from it on a laptop.

Next i tried to boot from a windows 7 dvd and on clicking install, screen also stayed at setting up windows.

Unplugging the ssd where windows 10 was installed then allows me to get into setup.

This means i cant repair windows 10 or install any windows onto the ssd. Any ideas how to fix the boot manager of the ssd if i cant access it via bootable windows repair?

If i need to install windows onto my hard disk with data, will the data on it remain or be wiped off? It has 200gb free out of 1TB.

:)

Lobaba, Aug 7, 2016
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 7, 2016
  3. smarttab Win User
    boot manager corrupt

my wifes pc boot manager corrupt with lost cd

smarttab, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

Corrupt boot manager on ssd

1. Corrupt boot manager on ssd - Similar Threads - Corrupt boot manager

2. Cannot Boot into Windows Boot SSD is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Boot into Windows Boot SSD is corrupted: Windows 11 PC crashed recentely and when I rebooted it, I was met with the following message:Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_Tried rebooting again and was met with the same message.Tried troubleshooting through...
  3. Cannot Boot into Windows Boot SSD is corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Boot into Windows Boot SSD is corrupted: Windows 11 PC crashed recentely and when I rebooted it, I was met with the following message:Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_Tried rebooting again and was met with the same message.Tried troubleshooting through...
  4. Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive: I recently purchased an SSD drive, and cloned by boot drive to it using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. The cloning process completed, and I booted from the SSD drive. But the clone is corrupt. I can log in to Windows, but immediately after that I get a long...
  5. Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive

Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive: I recently purchased an SSD drive, and cloned by boot drive to it using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. The cloning process completed, and I booted from the SSD drive. But the clone is corrupt. I can log in to Windows, but immediately after that I get a long...
  6. Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows boot manager or SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot manager or SSD?: I have installed a new SSD and installed windows 11 on it using a bootable usb. When I go into the bios settings I see my SSD ZEBSD26 in legacy boot mode and Windows Boot Manager in UEFI boot mode. When I boot from the SSD in legacy boot, I get this error "The selected boot...
  8. Windows boot manager or SSD?

Windows boot manager or SSD?: I have installed a new SSD and installed windows 11 on it using a bootable usb. When I go into the bios settings I see my SSD ZEBSD26 in legacy boot mode and Windows Boot Manager in UEFI boot mode. When I boot from the SSD in legacy boot, I get this error "The selected boot...
  9. Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant boot from SSD, Windows Boot Manager: I have an acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 which came with a Ryzen 3550h, 12gb ram, and 1 TB HDD. Upgraded it with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb and used samsung´s data migration tool to clone the HDD drive into the new SSD decided not to format the hdd in case i ran into a problem, and...
  10. Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt: My desktop computer is always crashing randomly with a buzzing sound before rebooting automatically. Sometimes it won't show image when rebooting ex. No signal or a black screen and I would have to try several times in order for the display to show image. I tried many...