Windows 10: Corrupt bootres.dll

Discus and support Corrupt bootres.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. I'm really struggling going through other posts from people who sound like they have the same issue. My computer (running windows 10) was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris.b.90, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Corrupt bootres.dll

Hi all.

I'm really struggling going through other posts from people who sound like they have the same issue.

My computer (running windows 10) was experiencing network issues the other day and after a restart won't get past the first black loading screen.

Automatic repair runs and fails.

From this I have tried system restore but that doesn't fix the issue.

I have also tried to reset the pc and keep my files. This freezes at about 26% and won't finish.

I have gone into safemode and on command prompt run the srt trail. This has told me that

Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Please can someone offer a detailed walkthrough as to how I can fix this especially as I seem to be unable to run the reset.

Thank you in advance

:)

Chris.b.90, Sep 7, 2018

2. Corrupt DLL files

I keep getting a message about corrupt dll files (MSVCP110.dll is just one) when I try to open several apps. I have tried a number of the suggestions from the message boards but nothing works. I have reinstalled the programs to no avail. Any suggestions?

DavidParkansky, Sep 7, 2018
  3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Sep 7, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Corrupt bootres.dll

MSVCP100.dll and MSVCP100.dll missing

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software changes to your device prior to the missing DLL files?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool and see if it helps with the issue. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted
    files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

To run the System File Checker tool, you may follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, type
      Command Prompt or cmd, then right-click it, and click
      Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and press Enter:
      • sfc /scannow
    • After the process is finished, you may receive the results of the scan, if it found any corruptions within your device.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt bootres.dll

1. Corrupt bootres.dll - Similar Threads - Corrupt bootres dll

2. Corrupt d2d1.dll file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt d2d1.dll file: Hitman Pro says my d2d1.dll file is corrupt. How can I tell and how can I correct it? It is located in C:/Windows/SysWOW64 The date on the file looks suspicious. Date is 1/1/2019 and all the other files are from 2018. OfficeScan virus scan does not flag it as a virus. If...
  3. Some DLL Files are missing or corrupted in Windows Defender anti-virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some DLL Files are missing or corrupted in Windows Defender anti-virus: I decided to run command prompt with run as administrator right and you will see 5 missing DLL files below. Is that a possibility that I couldn't run Windows Defender as my anti-virus program in my desktop but Widnows Defender firewall is running with no problem? regsvr32...
  4. .Dll missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .Dll missing: Hi! several .dll(amognst msvcr120.dll msvcp120.dll vcomp120.dll and many more) seem to be missing and all attemps to solve this have failed so far. I tried reinstalling the newest version of microsoft c++. I've tried downloading the files manualy and tried to register them....
  5. DLL

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DLL: I asked about this in another thread but I didn't explain why I need to know about this. I am working on fixing an app that was created by a person that is no longer here. Since I was the one that worked closely with him, they felt I should be the one to fix the app. He...
  6. Windows "Key" doesn't work. (Corrupted *.dll ?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows "Key" doesn't work. (Corrupted *.dll ?): Hello, dears. My PC was switched off when working busy, then the menu won't appear again when I click on to the "Windows logo" on the TASKBAR, nor even when I press the "WINDOWS key" on the keyboard. (I fix it one's ages ago when it happens on my W-XP) But now, I try...
  7. MSVCR80.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSVCR80.dll: i got a windows 10 hp laptop and it has worked fine for a while. But recently i have been trying to load discs in the drive and it says that MSVCR80.dll is missing and it can not load the disc. What do i do?...
  8. Missing dll. "advrcntr2.dll"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing dll. "advrcntr2.dll": I'm missing a dll "advrcntr2.dll" and was wondering how I can get another. Trying to install NERO from download file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/missing-dll-advrcntr2dll/50c53c86-ab7d-4c7e-8bae-a693f3ae7741
  9. Missing DLL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing DLL: At each startup I have an error message RUNDLL There was a problem starting c:\\windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll. The specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/missing-dll/ec816201-49c9-4021-af21-232065e162e1
  10. Run dll

in Windows 10 Support
    Run dll: I have a RUN DDL/COMMON that pops up repeats from 2-4 times when logging on . 32757

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corrupt bootres.dll

2. bootres.dll corrupt windows 10 solved