Windows 10: Corrupt bootres.dll

Discus and support Corrupt bootres.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. I'm really struggling going through other posts from people who sound like they have the same issue. My computer (running windows 10) was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris.b.90, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Chris.b.90 Win User

Corrupt bootres.dll

Hi all.

I'm really struggling going through other posts from people who sound like they have the same issue.

My computer (running windows 10) was experiencing network issues the other day and after a restart won't get past the first black loading screen.

Automatic repair runs and fails.

From this I have tried system restore but that doesn't fix the issue.

I have also tried to reset the pc and keep my files. This freezes at about 26% and won't finish.

I have gone into safemode and on command prompt run the srt trail. This has told me that

Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Please can someone offer a detailed walkthrough as to how I can fix this especially as I seem to be unable to run the reset.

Thank you in advance

:)

Chris.b.90, Sep 7, 2018
  2. DavidParkansky Win User

Corrupt DLL files

I keep getting a message about corrupt dll files (MSVCP110.dll is just one) when I try to open several apps. I have tried a number of the suggestions from the message boards but nothing works. I have reinstalled the programs to no avail. Any suggestions?

DavidParkansky, Sep 7, 2018
  3. TairikuOkami Win User
    DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Sep 7, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Corrupt bootres.dll

MSVCP100.dll and MSVCP100.dll missing

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software changes to your device prior to the missing DLL files?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool and see if it helps with the issue. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted
    files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

To run the System File Checker tool, you may follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, type
      Command Prompt or cmd, then right-click it, and click
      Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and press Enter:
      • sfc /scannow
    • After the process is finished, you may receive the results of the scan, if it found any corruptions within your device.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt bootres.dll

1. Corrupt bootres.dll - Similar Threads - Corrupt bootres dll

2. MSVCR80.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSVCR80.dll: i got a windows 10 hp laptop and it has worked fine for a while. But recently i have been trying to load discs in the drive and it says that MSVCR80.dll is missing and it can not load the disc. What do i do?...
  3. Missing dll. "advrcntr2.dll"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing dll. "advrcntr2.dll": I'm missing a dll "advrcntr2.dll" and was wondering how I can get another. Trying to install NERO from download file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/missing-dll-advrcntr2dll/50c53c86-ab7d-4c7e-8bae-a693f3ae7741
  4. MSVCP100.dll not found and MSVCP110.dll not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVCP100.dll not found and MSVCP110.dll not found: Hi there, so when i fixed my windows 10 cause of a problem i fall into a "MSVCP100.dll not found" when i try to fix it it worked! but sadly i fell into another problem now its "MSVCP110.dll not found" i keep trying to fix it but it just didn't work. tried doing a virus...
  5. Missing DLL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing DLL: At each startup I have an error message RUNDLL There was a problem starting c:\\windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll. The specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/missing-dll/ec816201-49c9-4021-af21-232065e162e1
  6. "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll": Hello- I have installed a couple of games (Rainbow Six Seige + Fortnite ) and both display "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll". as a sort of crash? Minecraft runs fine and so does everything- Dell Support Assist says my computer is fine so....? How do I access Shell32 files...
  7. Missing DLL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing DLL: I installed Visual Studio 6.0, MSDN Library 6.0 and Visual Basic 6.0 on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. I am trying to update some old programs when I got "MISSING: Menu System w/Extensions - Menu Objects and Windows API Interface". That apparently is in MnuGnSOA.dll. Can you...
  8. MSvcr90.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSvcr90.dll: I recently upgraded from Win 7 to 10 and have one problem after another. The specific one I am writing about is the fact that I cannot now get into my excel spreadsheets. Keeps coming back that I am missing MSvcr90.dll. However, how is it that I can open windows without a...
  9. dll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dll error: If you're familiar with the dll error, I tried to run dxwebsetup but that itself gave me another error. After looking it up, I found that many people solved it but running it as an administrator, but that didn't work for me. I'm going to keep troubleshooting, but help would...
  10. Run dll

in Windows 10 Support
    Run dll: I have a RUN DDL/COMMON that pops up repeats from 2-4 times when logging on . 32757

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corrupt bootres.dll

2. bootres.dll corrupt windows 10 solved