Windows 10: Corrupt bootres.dll

Discus and support Corrupt bootres.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. I'm really struggling going through other posts from people who sound like they have the same issue. My computer (running windows 10) was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris.b.90, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Corrupt bootres.dll

Hi all.

I'm really struggling going through other posts from people who sound like they have the same issue.

My computer (running windows 10) was experiencing network issues the other day and after a restart won't get past the first black loading screen.

Automatic repair runs and fails.

From this I have tried system restore but that doesn't fix the issue.

I have also tried to reset the pc and keep my files. This freezes at about 26% and won't finish.

I have gone into safemode and on command prompt run the srt trail. This has told me that

Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Please can someone offer a detailed walkthrough as to how I can fix this especially as I seem to be unable to run the reset.

Thank you in advance

:)

Chris.b.90, Sep 7, 2018

2. Corrupt DLL files

I keep getting a message about corrupt dll files (MSVCP110.dll is just one) when I try to open several apps. I have tried a number of the suggestions from the message boards but nothing works. I have reinstalled the programs to no avail. Any suggestions?

DavidParkansky, Sep 7, 2018
  3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Sep 7, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Corrupt bootres.dll

MSVCP100.dll and MSVCP100.dll missing

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software changes to your device prior to the missing DLL files?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool and see if it helps with the issue. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted
    files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

To run the System File Checker tool, you may follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, type
      Command Prompt or cmd, then right-click it, and click
      Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and press Enter:
      • sfc /scannow
    • After the process is finished, you may receive the results of the scan, if it found any corruptions within your device.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt bootres.dll

1. Corrupt bootres.dll - Similar Threads - Corrupt bootres dll

2. Corrupted DLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted DLL: I have a corrupted DLL file on my computer that is preventing Windows Update from running through Settings.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: InPageCoFireError Status Code: c000009cFaulting Media Type:...
  3. Corrupted DLL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted DLL: I have a corrupted DLL file on my computer that is preventing Windows Update from running through Settings.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: InPageCoFireError Status Code: c000009cFaulting Media Type:...
  4. PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupted: Full message is C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\WPF\PresentationNative_v0400.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or...
  5. PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupted: Full message is C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\WPF\PresentationNative_v0400.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or...
  6. vcomp100.dll not found or is corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    vcomp100.dll not found or is corrupted: I have this issue even though the file is in windows, windows\system and windows\system32 I have copied a known good copy to these directories I have run the virtual studio upgrade/reinstall I have tried rolling back to a known good restore point I have tried running a...
  7. Missing/corrupt dll file msvcp140.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing/corrupt dll file msvcp140.dll: Hello, I`ve never had any problems with dlls but now i cant start some games because i get dll errors. msvcp140.dll was missing. So i downloaded it and put it in the system32 folder but couldnt run the command regsvr32 msvcp140.dll. I`ve tried some other msvcp140.dlls but...
  8. corrupted dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupted dll files: Can resetting a windows 10 pc fix corrupted dll files like riched20?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-dll-files/6f1752aa-53db-42e8-8202-687b2cea52a3
  9. Corrupted VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL: Hi I'm getting a message saying that VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.27810.0_x86 is either corrupted or not intended for the computer a PC. There are other versions installed. If re-installing it will fix it, how do I get hold of...
  10. Corrupt system .dll file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt system .dll file: Hello. When I run sfc /scannow it returns that there are corrupt files that are unavailable to be fixed, however when I checked the log by using the command to create a sfcdetails.txt file on the desktop I don't see any specific files that need to be replaced. The reason I am...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootres.dll is corrupt windows only boots in safemode

2. corrupt bootres.dll

3. bootres.dll corrupt windows 10 solved