Windows 10: corrupt / default icons on start page

Discus and support corrupt / default icons on start page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i can only see icons if the apps are on an internal drive. apps that are on an external drive i don't see the correct icons. they all look the same and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by biker66, Apr 18, 2019.

1. biker66 Win User

corrupt / default icons on start page

i can only see icons if the apps are on an internal drive. apps that are on an external drive i don't see the correct icons. they all look the same and i have to resize them from small to medium so i see the app's title.
    i'm running the latest Windows 10 build.. v1809 17763.437
    i have fast start-up disabled.
    the correct app is shown if i pin to start pg but then when i reboot its not shown correctly unless i enable fast start-up. this only a problem with apps on my external drive.

see image below:

corrupt / default icons on start page [​IMG]

:)

biker66, Apr 18, 2019
  2. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

corrupt / default icons on start page prob.jpg

psyko12, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Apr 18, 2019
  4. theking2 Win User

Start page is not saved

After I went to a complicated set of steps

Clicking ...

• select Settings
    • select A specific page
    • select Custom from the list
    • enter my favourite page
    • removing About:start
    And I close and open Edge the default page is still shown

How do I change the start page in Edge?

theking2, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. corrupt / default icons on start page - Similar Threads - corrupt default icons

2. Help - Default folder icon corrupted.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help - Default folder icon corrupted.: Empty folders look fine. The folder icons that show a preview of files inside the folder are messed up. The last change I made was re-enabling windows Defender (using Winaero Tweaker 17.1). I had temporarily disabled (using Winareo Tweaker) it while moving a large amount of...
  3. Start menu icons get corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons get corrupted: My start menu icons are displaying like this... [ATTACH] How to resolve this? Thanks in advance... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-get-corrupted/1945669b-3558-4207-b8fc-c0627f4dc183
  4. Start page icons not loading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start page icons not loading: This happened weeks ago, but I think that this is a **BIG PROBLEM** so I post this. Apps downloaded from Microsoft Store won't load thumbnail images. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] and also images won't give me a preview. [ATTACH] videos too. [ATTACH] any...
  5. Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons?: Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-monitor-no-start-pageno-icons/e02122b1-e0ce-4480-a834-c985ad3b7589
  6. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  7. Default Icon Size - Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Icon Size - Pin to Start: Is there a way to change the default icon size for the apps that are pinned to the start? I only ever use the small ones, and not that I do it a lot but it's super annoying when I do a clean up and have to resize every app I pin....
  8. Missing Icons in Start Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons in Start Page: When I boot my Windows 10 Home Edition (64 bit) of Microsoft the startpage misses sometimes icons (replaced by a generic icon) but the link is still there and the apps opens when clicked upon the generic icon. I must admit: I have a lot op icons (small) on my startpage: plus...
  9. Start Page Tile Icon Question?.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Page Tile Icon Question?.: Hi, I was adding a new shortcut and rearranging things on my start page tiles and somehow got the new tile icon for handbrake into the existing one for Control Panel. This resulted in two smaller icons in the same tile. I fiddled about and got Handbrake into its own tile but...
  10. Corrupted Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu Icons: Hello Windows 10 Forum, I am frequently getting corrupted icons appearing in my Start Menu. These icons are appearing anyways if I am signed in with Microsoft or with a local account. I am really annoyed with these white icons. I would be thankful if this great forum could...