Windows 10: Corrupt file causing Error 0x80070781: The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system.

Discus and support Corrupt file causing Error 0x80070781: The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Corrupt file causing Error 0x80070781: The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system. In my OneDrive the Microsoft created Folder "Pictures"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GarinasRogers, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Corrupt file causing Error 0x80070781: The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system.

Corrupt file causing Error 0x80070781: The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system.

In my OneDrive the Microsoft created Folder "Pictures" with another Microsoft created Folder "Camera Roll" the .ini file had become corrupted.

When I attempted to open the "Camera Roll" Folder I had the above error message.

I tried to delete the folder which disappeared then reappeared again.

Searing online for a solution most people suggested the following:-

1. sfc /scannow

2. chkdsk D: /f /r /x
    3. Save any Data on the affected drive and Format the Disk.

sfc did not find any problems and after about 5 hours chkdsk froze whilst doing Stage 4 with no messages.

I did not fancy Formatting the hard drive so I searched further.

Somebody suggested rebooting up in Safe Mode and then try to delete the file.

I renamed the "Pictures" folder to "A" and then copied this folder to the Desktop.

Then I dragged the "A" Folder to the recycle bin.

Hooray the "A" folder did not reappear again. The copied folder on the desk top was then deleted as well.

Anybody with any comments?

:)

GarinasRogers, Jun 28, 2020

2. 0x80070781 - the name of the file cannot be resolved by the system

sorry it seems the screen shot didnt appear.

Basically the error is

"

Something went wrong

Please try again later.

0x80070781

The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system

Send Feedback " (this is very hard to do when not able to log in...)

blackwolfe27, Jun 28, 2020
  3. error code 0x80070781 the name of file cannot be resolved by this system

I cannot sign in to my account in any apps like windows store ,windows mail ,Cortana etc when I try to log in this code appears" 0x80070781 the name of file cannot be resolved by this system" I sfc scan also cannot find this issue also dism cannot find
    error. I cannot find solution for this plz help

raunakniroula, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Corrupt file causing Error 0x80070781: The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system.

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Corrupt file causing Error 0x80070781: The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system.

1. Corrupt file causing Error 0x80070781: The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system. - Similar Threads - Corrupt file causing

2. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  3. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  4. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. error 0x80070781

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 0x80070781: I ca sign ibto my MS account in my web browser but trying to sign in for MS office or games apps like solitair gives a message "Something went wrong - try again later" with error code 0x80070781 Ive tried resetting the widows store and multiple re-starts - no effect! Need...
  6. error 0x80070781

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error 0x80070781: i keep getting this error as soon as i try to download an app, sign into xbox on my pc and that jazz. I've started having this issue as soon as i fully reset my laptop and got windows 10. I did the check to see if there was a problem with the windows update all it says is...
  7. error code 0x80070781

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0x80070781: recently I bought office 365 but my local pc hotmail is different,I tried to change it and gave me 0x80070781 error so I can't use my 365. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80070781/7a5972a9-e41d-4d85-a68b-817c63a08176
  8. Cause of corrupt system files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cause of corrupt system files?: I've been in the process of removing data from a Win 10 machine for several weeks now, during which time it has not been connected to the internet, and no new programs have been installed on it. However, today, when I was trying to run malware checks on the appdata folder,...
  9. user using OneDrive on computer receives Error 0x80070781 - the name of the file cannot be...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user using OneDrive on computer receives Error 0x80070781 - the name of the file cannot be...: On a PC with multiple users, there is one user that is receiving this error trying to copy files when logged into their account. I have tried SFC /scannow multiple times. The first time reported and fixed a problem with a .NET dll, but it's been clean since. The disk scans...
  10. Help solve a mystery: cause of drive errors / corrupt system files

in Windows 10 Support
    Help solve a mystery: cause of drive errors / corrupt system files: Happy to start of this post by saying, I performed a factory reset on my machine and it is up and running. Though my computer is thankfully functional again, I'm not sure what went wrong in the first place... so I'm posting generally, soliciting advice from anyone who feels...
Tags: