Windows 10: Corrupt File In Relation to Parser Error

Discus and support Corrupt File In Relation to Parser Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Beware, I am unaware of what may be important to the situation and what may not be, so I am including everything I can think of. Apologies if this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatringaNolen, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Corrupt File In Relation to Parser Error

Beware, I am unaware of what may be important to the situation and what may not be, so I am including everything I can think of. Apologies if this gets long or overly winded.

I hadn't originally noticed a problem with my computer (desktop, Windows 10). At some point, I had noticed that a few programs were not launching, specifically I could no longer launch the programs Razer Synapse and Discord. An almost identical error appeared for both of them, the only difference between the two being the header of the error window. The error read -

"program.exe - Configuration parser error​

Error parsing​

C:\\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework|v4.0.30319\config\machine.config​

Parser returned error 0x80070570"​

With program being dependant on what was attempting to launch. Not all .exe files had this issue, in fact, I've only found these two and maybe a third, that I don't recall the name of. Being unable to find any information that helped me on Google, I attempted to clean up my hard drive, uninstall suspicious or unused programs from my PC, and double check that all drivers and Windows Updates were installed. When none of that worked to resolve my problem, I finally got the idea to search for the file in the error.

I have located the file machine.config in exactly the file location described in the error message and found it is considered by my PC to be corrupt and/or unreadable. Everything online describes the method to fix as renaming the corrupt file machine.config.bak and copy-pasting a renamed version of machine.config.default to replace it. I understand this, it sounds simple, yet I cannot rename the corrupted file. I cannot delete it, or move it, or rename it. In each instance I try, it says the same thing-

"An unexpected error is keeping you from renaming the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.​

Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."​

I have attempted to boot up in Safe Mode to complete the renaming, moving, or deleting to no avail. I have tried to inspect the file with Window's security and found nothing. I have attempted to open the file and view what is written in the coding, but no matter which program is used, the file will not open, it only brings out an error reading-

"DOCUMENT OPEN ERROR

This file was unable to be opened:

- machine.config: Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005)"

Upon pressing okay, closing the error window, the document opens to a blank page.

At this point, I don't know what to do and would appreciate any advice or help that could be given. I'm sorry if this wasn't worded well or I still didn't give enough information, I've never posted here before. Also, apologies if this was worded in an exasperated or aggressive manner, I really don't mean it to be, I'm simply rather exhausted by this issue. Thank you for anything you may contribute!

:)

KatringaNolen, Mar 25, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 25, 2019
  3. parser error

Upgrading from W7 pro to W10 pro (USB) - have a message that says parser error.
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.050727\config\machine.config
    parser returned error 0xC00CE556
    I am a novice at this so have no idea what it means.

Christine Brown, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Corrupt File In Relation to Parser Error

Configuration Parser Error

Hi,

I would request you to check the suggestions by NicholasSiebert
    from the link mentioned below and see if it helps.

Error 0xCE000CE556 after installing windows 10

Please revert if you face any issues with the configuration parser error.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Corrupt File In Relation to Parser Error

1. Corrupt File In Relation to Parser Error - Similar Threads - Corrupt File Relation

2. PowerShell parser problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell parser problems: I have been struggling with a PowerShell script for days. Older versions from a year ago are fine. New versions, some with only minor changes, raise syntax errors. The lines flagged are fine. Very similar lines are not flagged. For days I assumed something wrong earlier was...
  3. PowerShell parser problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell parser problems: I have been struggling with a PowerShell script for days. Older versions from a year ago are fine. New versions, some with only minor changes, raise syntax errors. The lines flagged are fine. Very similar lines are not flagged. For days I assumed something wrong earlier was...
  4. what is a parser error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is a parser error: what is a parser error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-parser-error/483a20c5-47f6-4628-ae7e-2df34d38955b
  5. what is a parser error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is a parser error: what is a parser error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-parser-error/483a20c5-47f6-4628-ae7e-2df34d38955b
  6. Keep getting - LocalBridge.exe- Configuration parser error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting - LocalBridge.exe- Configuration parser error: Keep getting - LocalBridge.exe- Configuration parser error on a very regular basis. How do I get rid of this permanently. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-localbridgeexe-configuration-parser/88245370-53a3-4658-9a8f-a244297ef347
  7. Parser error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Parser error: I have the following error C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config Please assist Many thanks Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parser-error/c757c89e-48a6-4364-9aca-03809ff4d920
  8. Possible corruption - VPN related?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Possible corruption - VPN related?: Some backstory - I purchased a new laptop at the end of April. After about two or so months, it became corrupted...tiles not working, no Microsoft/Windows programs would load, and so on. I had the OS reinstalled but I was never able to find out the cause of the corruption. I...
  9. parser error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    parser error: Upgrading from W7 pro to W10 pro (USB) - have a message that says parser error. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.050727\config\machine.config parser returned error 0xC00CE556 I am a novice at this so have no idea what it means. 86190
  10. usoclient.exe errors and corrupt files

in Windows 10 Support
    usoclient.exe errors and corrupt files: Hi All and thanks in advance for the help... Have noticed usoclient.exe running on boot after recent updates. Really seems to be affecting system performance. Ran sfc /scannow from command prompt and found damaged, but un-repaired, files in the system. I have the log file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Report file not found or unreadable HRESULT: 0x81131040