Windows 10: Corrupt File.

Discus and support Corrupt File. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys I've got a bit of an issue. I was copying over a video file from an external HDD to my desktop when my son accidentally removed the USB. I now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VizualDze, Jan 20, 2017.

1. VizualDze Win User

Corrupt File.

Hey guys I've got a bit of an issue. I was copying over a video file from an external HDD to my desktop when my son accidentally removed the USB. I now have a corrupt file sitting on my desktop that I can't seem to get rid of. If I so much as click on the icon of the file explorer crashes.

Does anyone have any idea how I could remove this file?

:)

VizualDze, Jan 20, 2017

2. corrupt file

I have windows 10 . While playing solitaire this message popped up. SAVE FILE ERROR The save file was corrupt. A new file will be created for you. you can close the notice. The problem is it keeps popping up . I can still play but it keeps popping
    up. When is it going to create a new file? and what about fixing or getting rid of the corrupt file.

JO C Thompson, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    corrupt files

Hello Frank:

Thank you for the additional information. At this point there is either an issue with the way these files are being created or an issue with the phone that is preventing the files from being accessed on the phone.

One thing you should try is to create these documents on another computer. We would suggest you try another computer running the same version of Office and one running a different version.

If the you continue to get the same error with new documents created and uploaded from alternate locations, you may need to perform a hard reset of the phone. This will set the phone back to it's factory settings and may correct issues within the OS that
    are registering the files as corrupt or damaged. Before you perform a hard reset of the phone you should be sure to back up any media files,

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/zune/software/syncing-media
    . Contacts and calendar entries are saved to the cloud, before resetting go to
    Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email and
    Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email and verify that your entries on the phone are listed here. Text message history and game progress will be reset. When you are ready to perform a reset, go to settings > tap
    about > select reset phone.

The final thing you may want to try is to restore your phone to it's state previous to the latest update. The process of doing this is detailed here,

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/restore-a-backup-to-my-phone
    . This is something you need to do from the computer you used to update the phone and will allow up to determine if this is related to the latest update installed. Anything
    added to the phone after the update will not be on the phone so back it up.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jan 20, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Corrupt File.

Welcome to TenForums!

You need to check for and correct file system errors before you can delete this file. By default your desktop is stored in C:\Users\<yourname> so this would mean it's the C: drive you need to check. Open File Explorer at 'My PC'. Right-click on C:\ and select 'Properties'. On the 'Tools' tab click the 'Check' button.

5. VizualDze Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I've just ran that check and it says nothing was found. Is there anything else I could try? In all my years using Windows I've never had this happen before.

VizualDze, Jan 20, 2017
  6. AndreyT Win User
    Don't try manipulating that file in File Explorer.

Just open Command Prompt, do 'cd C:\Users\<yourname>\Desktop' (if that's your desktop folder location) and then do 'del <fIle name>' to delete this file.

AndreyT, Jan 20, 2017
  7. TairikuOkami, Jan 20, 2017
  8. VizualDze Win User

Corrupt File.

I tried this but command prompt doesn't seem to find the file, I think because there's a space in it. I typed...

C:\Users\\Desktop>del 1st half.avi

and it said...
    Could Not Find C:\Users\\Desktop\1st

It just cut off the half.avi - is there something in command prompt I need to put in that equates to a space? It's so long since I've used it.

VizualDze, Jan 20, 2017
  9. AndreyT Win User
    Surround the name in quotation marks

del "1st half.avi"

AndreyT, Jan 20, 2017
  10. VizualDze Win User
    Amazing, that worked. Thanks everyone so much.

VizualDze, Jan 20, 2017
  11. Whatphoeb Win User
    Or you can try to use software to recover it. I know easeus has a tool for recovering. Maybe it could help you.

Whatphoeb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt File.

1. Corrupt File. - Similar Threads - Corrupt File

2. File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt: I am running Windows 10 and the NAS I am trying to connect to is a Synology Diskstation DS1517+I've been able to connect and add a Quick Access to this NAS drive in the past but recently I started having an issue where my File Explorer crashes whenever I would try and login...
  3. File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt: I am running Windows 10 and the NAS I am trying to connect to is a Synology Diskstation DS1517+I've been able to connect and add a Quick Access to this NAS drive in the past but recently I started having an issue where my File Explorer crashes whenever I would try and login...
  4. File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File Explorer corruption n command prompt problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer corruption n command prompt problem: I signed in with my MS account but when I used command prompt the user displayed was a local account which I used before. This account has no admin athorities so I can't run the sfc:/scannow command to fix my File Explorer corruption problem.. Can someone hell please. Thanks....
  6. File Explorer corruption n command prompt problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer corruption n command prompt problem: I signed in with my MS account but when I used command prompt the user displayed was a local account which I used before. This account has no admin athorities so I can't run the sfc:/scannow command to fix my File Explorer corruption problem.. Can someone hell please. Thanks....
  7. File Explorer corruption n command prompt problem

8. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.: Hello,Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located atwindir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offlinerepairs, details are included in the...
  9. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.: Hello,Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located atwindir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offlinerepairs, details are included in the...
  10. Can You Overwrite the Corrupted Files Using the USB Installer and Not Lose Any Data?

Can You Overwrite the Corrupted Files Using the USB Installer and Not Lose Any Data?: Hello Windows friends, can you boot to the Windows USB installer of the same build and overwrite just the corrupted Windows 11 files without losing any data?I've tried DISM and SFC using the USsB Windows installer but it can't repair the Windows it does boot but some .exe...