Windows 10: Corrupt files, error when installing updates for Windows after a clean install, should I worry?

Discus and support Corrupt files, error when installing updates for Windows after a clean install, should I worry? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've done a clean install, got me error 0x80070643. I've done it again, I even ran the Windows Media Tool once again on the USB. Same problem, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadybosma, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Corrupt files, error when installing updates for Windows after a clean install, should I worry?

I've done a clean install, got me error 0x80070643. I've done it again, I even ran the Windows Media Tool once again on the USB. Same problem, but second time I ran the scan for corrupt files in Wibdows,it found some. I said to myself, it's all fixed, so lets get a real clean windows install. Same error. Lets say I get to fix this by running the scan again, I should be ok and protected right? The update is for the Defender. So if I manage to install it, I am ok right?

submitted by /u/dadybosma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadybosma, Apr 3, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 3, 2021
  3. AMDCam Win User
    Windows Installer Corrupted

Hey, well a couple days ago I installed "Microsoft Update" over Windows Update, and WOW is that a great app, not only can it not update anything, but it corrupted my Windows Installer. Well since Windows XP knows better than me, I redownloaded Windows Installer 3.0 redistributable, and SWEET, Windows says "it's older than the current version, no update is necessary" and not only necessary but not possible to install. SOOOO should I reinstall SP2 or what? This is crazy. Thanks for the help

AMDCam, Apr 3, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Corrupt files, error when installing updates for Windows after a clean install, should I worry?

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Corrupt files, error when installing updates for Windows after a clean install, should I worry?

1. Corrupt files, error when installing updates for Windows after a clean install, should I worry? - Similar Threads - Corrupt files error

2. Error in Microsoft store when installing or updating softwares after clean install of...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error in Microsoft store when installing or updating softwares after clean install of...: Hello all! I recently bought a new Legion 5 from Lenovo and wanted to revert back to windows 10. I used my install media and followed all of the steps, I did notice that it thinks this is activated, does that activation carry on the device? As I am installing programs and...
  3. Error in Microsoft store when installing or updating softwares after clean install of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in Microsoft store when installing or updating softwares after clean install of...: Hello all! I recently bought a new Legion 5 from Lenovo and wanted to revert back to windows 10. I used my install media and followed all of the steps, I did notice that it thinks this is activated, does that activation carry on the device? As I am installing programs and...
  4. BSODs and corrupt files even after clean installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs and corrupt files even after clean installing: I have an HP 255 G7 laptop which I bought in September 2019. At some point in early spring, more often than not when I turn it on the spinning wheel animation freezes and then it either throws a BSOD with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and then reboots successfully into...
  5. Adfly installed a random iso file, should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adfly installed a random iso file, should I be worried?: Had to go through adfly to download something and it installed an iso file. I deleted it asap, not sure what it was. Is there anything to worry about? submitted by /u/MassiR77 [link] [comments]...
  6. After installed new clean windows 10 pro should I install all the updates there is ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installed new clean windows 10 pro should I install all the updates there is ?: I heard in the last days/weeks that some microsoft update make problems or not working good and should not be installed or should I install everything every update ?...
  7. System file corruption on clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file corruption on clean install: Win10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.267 Here is a guide I have followed and didn't help; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors I ended up creating a bootable usb with MediaCreationTool1903, deleting all partitions and doing a fresh install. After...
  8. SFC errors. Should I worry?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC errors. Should I worry?: Hi I ran sfc scan now and there were problems it could not resolve. I looked at the CBS log but it made little sense to me. However, the PC seems to running perfectly fine so should I bother addressing the SFC problems? 100591
  9. Corrupted Files Problem (even after clean install)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupted Files Problem (even after clean install): Hello everbody, I recently bought a new pc with windows 10 installed and had some problems concerning windows store updates. I found that I had a lot of corrupted files and as it normally happens the sfc /scannow or dism could not take care of all of them. I made a clean...
  10. should i now clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should i now clean install: evening guys, question for you all am using 10240 as an insider should I now do a clean install or just leave it running as it is , only with all the downloads and updates since day 1 i,ve accumulated 86gb used on my hard drive out of 234gb if so what product key do I use...