Windows 10: Corrupt files on brand new install, unable to fix

Discus and support Corrupt files on brand new install, unable to fix in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've reinstalled windows a couple of days ago and after installing all my drivers and files and applications, I decided to run sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Qub1, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Qub1 Win User

Corrupt files on brand new install, unable to fix

Hey everyone,

I've reinstalled windows a couple of days ago and after installing all my drivers and files and applications, I decided to run sfc /scannow just to be sure everything went right. It found some corrupted files, and was unable to fix them. Rather than try to diagnose the problem, I decided to just reinstall again. So I did, and right after I reinstalled windows I ran sfc /scannow again. Again it found corrupted files! I have no idea where they're coming from, since the install is completely fresh. It's even installed on a new SSD I bought a couple of days ago.

I tried running DISM, but that failed as well. Here's the output from Command Prompt:
    Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586](c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios. C:\Windows\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10586.0 Image Version: 10.0.10586.0 [==========================100.0%==========================] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log C:\Windows\system32>[/quote] And the logs are attached to this post. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this? I've already checked the SSD's S.M.A.R.T. status, since I figured it might have been delivered faulty, but it reports no errors.

I'd take a look at the logs myself but I'm unsure what I should be looking for. Thanks in advance!

:)

Qub1, Feb 1, 2016

2. Unable to fix corrupt files using SFC

Yes you have one Folder/File that is corrupted but it is in a Windows sub-folder.

2017-12-02 11:30:18, Info CSI 00005403 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\hi-in\hi-in\TransliterationComponentLayouts.dgml from store

You can ignore it. Or Copy that file and folder somewhere and then delete it to see if that helps.

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Unable to fix corrupt files using SFC

sorry i mean I didn't got error in resetting I mean to say that after resetting pc I tried sfc one more time and got same error then I tried in clean boot and the same error again

after that I tried to reset my pc with media creation and I got error in media creation.. Error code:-0xc1800103-0x90002

kunaljain1534, Feb 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

You need the Install.wim which can be obtained by downloading the ISO from Tech Bench.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Have you tried memtest or something like it to test the memory?

DeaconFrost, Feb 1, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Hi Qub1,

I've had a look at your CBS log and the corrupt file turns out to be opencl.dll. This is a known problem and is due to the graphics card driver changing the file. It actually does not cause a problem and I believe a future Microsoft update will fix the issue so that the sfc scan will not false alarm. Do you have an NVidia graphics card by any chance?

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  7. Qub1 Win User
    Thanks for the info, I'll try this if I run into any further issues. As per phil's answer, if it is a known issue, I'd rather not run any "fixing" operations on a fresh install, as they might cause more problems.

Ran one last week, it passed.

Ah, so that's probably what's causing the issue, as I do indeed have an NVidia graphics card (GTX 780). If it's a known issue like you said, I think I'll just ignore the error for a while. Is there any ongoing thread or discussion where I can follow the progress of Microsoft fixing the issue? Perhaps on the Microsoft site?

Qub1, Feb 2, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

philc43, Feb 2, 2016
  9. Thank you SO SO Much! I just registered on this forum to express my thanks. This fixed my issue perfectly!!!!!

fooflighter787, Mar 30, 2016
  10. PiusM Win User
    Thank you so much for posting your concise instructions how to solve this problem when the sfc/scannow cmd reports finding corrupt files and perversely states that it can't (won't) fix them. Using the Win 10_1511 iso for RestoreHealth worked for me.

PiusM, May 29, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    You are very welcome.
    Good to know both of you have the problem resolved.
    Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Corrupt files on brand new install, unable to fix - Similar Threads - Corrupt files brand

2. Unable to fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to fix corrupted files: My PC keeps getting the bsod. I ran the scan health, restore health & scansfx code to fix the problem and it turns out like this How can I fix the corrupted files?...
  3. Unable to fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to fix corrupted files: My PC keeps getting the bsod. I ran the scan health, restore health & scansfx code to fix the problem and it turns out like this How can I fix the corrupted files?...
  4. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  5. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  6. Corrupted Driver issue on brand new install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Driver issue on brand new install: Crashing with error messages. A little bit of googling has led me to the fact that my windows drivers are corrupt. Error messages: Attempted to write to read-only memory,Pool corruption in file areaPfn list corrupt. Tried reinstalling multiple times, as in creating new...
  7. Corrupted Driver issue on brand new install

Corrupted Driver issue on brand new install: Crashing with error messages. A little bit of googling has led me to the fact that my windows drivers are corrupt. Error messages: Attempted to write to read-only memory,Pool corruption in file areaPfn list corrupt. Tried reinstalling multiple times, as in creating new...
  8. Corrupted files but was unable to fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted files but was unable to fix: [IMG] I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Spent lots of time reseaching and trying everything I find but couldn’t fix the issue. I tried resetting my pc. I tried using fixdotnet, i tried cmd, I tried everything. If theres anyone who can help me solve this, it would...
  9. Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed

Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed: HI, My computer ran into a BSOD recently and it gave the error "Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area." I ran a file check in command prompt and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them..." and told me to check the CBS.log (copied...
  10. Corrupt files that are unable to be fixed

Corrupt files that are unable to be fixed: Hi all, My desktop has had a lot of system interrupts today. No changes to my desktop have been made at all. I ran sfc /scannow, and found corrupt files that were unable to be fixed. Any suggestions on reading this log and applying the fixes? I don't see an option to upload...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corupt files on brand new pc

2. can you corrupt a brand new computer logging in

3. sfc scannow finds corrupt files brand new windows install

4. corrupted files on a brand new pc