Windows 10: Corrupt files or something else?

Discus and support Corrupt files or something else? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/keyzeyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8p9e3/corrupt_files_or_something_else/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/keyzeyy, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Corrupt files or something else?

/u/keyzeyy, Dec 10, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Dec 10, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Corrupt files or something else?

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Corrupt files or something else?

1. Corrupt files or something else? - Similar Threads - Corrupt files something

2. False positive? Or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False positive? Or something else?: I made the mistake of downloading something that had this virus, and I deleted the files within the folders that were affected by it originally It was a .Zip I extracted, if that matters and re-scanned my computer using Microsoft Defender Antivirus The default one and it said...
  3. Virus, bug or something else ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  4. Virus, bug or something else ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  5. Virus, bug or something else ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Duplicate Files or Something Else happening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files or Something Else happening: Duplicate or double files on my computer are set up. It has Win 10 This is how the duplicates seem to be set up 1"this PC, Documents, then select Excel etc" I guess Microsoft is having a duplicate of every file Then I also have 2"This PC, Local Disk "C", Users, then my name,...
  7. Duplicate Files or Something Else happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Files or Something Else happening: Duplicate or double files on my computer are set up. It has Win 10 This is how the duplicates seem to be set up 1"this PC, Documents, then select Excel etc" I guess Microsoft is having a duplicate of every file Then I also have 2"This PC, Local Disk "C", Users, then my name,...
  8. Duplicate Files or Something Else happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Bad CPU or Something Else???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad CPU or Something Else???: Hi all, I am having this issue with an old PC that I was trying to resurrect as an "Internet Browsing/Youtube" computer for our house guest and the specs of the PC is Intel Core 2 X6800 + Asus P5Q (Latest BIOS 2209) + 8GB RAM + 240GB SSD. Installed Windows 10 Pro (1909)...
  10. is this a driver problem or something else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this a driver problem or something else: After upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 , the HDMI port on my HP pavilion HPE 1230-c desktop no longer works. Other than buying a new PC (not happening) is there a solution?...