Windows 10: Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed

Discus and support Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI, My computer ran into a BSOD recently and it gave the error "Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area." I ran a file check in command prompt and it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fluorescent Blue, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed

HI,

My computer ran into a BSOD recently and it gave the error "Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area." I ran a file check in command prompt and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them..." and told me to check the CBS.log (copied to my to OneDrive). Is there a way to fix the issue? I also can't find the minidump file, but I can upload it if the crash happens again.

:)

Fluorescent Blue, Oct 30, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Oct 30, 2019
  4. daxxa Win User

Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed

Corrupt files that are unable to be fixed

Hi all,

My desktop has had a lot of system interrupts today. No changes to my desktop have been made at all. I ran sfc /scannow, and found corrupt files that were unable to be fixed. Any suggestions on reading this log and applying the fixes? I don't see an option
    to upload it here and I'm not sure where else to look. I'm running version 17763.

Thanks in advance!

daxxa, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed

1. Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed - Similar Threads - Corrupt Files Unable

2. Unable to fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to fix corrupted files: My PC keeps getting the bsod. I ran the scan health, restore health & scansfx code to fix the problem and it turns out like this How can I fix the corrupted files?...
  3. Unable to fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to fix corrupted files: My PC keeps getting the bsod. I ran the scan health, restore health & scansfx code to fix the problem and it turns out like this How can I fix the corrupted files?...
  4. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  5. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  6. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Corrupted files but was unable to fix

Corrupted files but was unable to fix: [IMG] I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Spent lots of time reseaching and trying everything I find but couldn’t fix the issue. I tried resetting my pc. I tried using fixdotnet, i tried cmd, I tried everything. If theres anyone who can help me solve this, it would...
  8. Corrupt files that are unable to be fixed

Corrupt files that are unable to be fixed: Hi all, My desktop has had a lot of system interrupts today. No changes to my desktop have been made at all. I ran sfc /scannow, and found corrupt files that were unable to be fixed. Any suggestions on reading this log and applying the fixes? I don't see an option to upload...
  9. windows unable to fix corrupted files on cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows unable to fix corrupted files on cmd: i did a sfc/scannow on cmd and it was saying windows could not repair some files, so i tried easeUS master partition to help but it didn't, can anyone help me, i can't attach the CBS file info...
  10. SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix: I ran sfc /scannow in an admin command prompt, however when it completes I receive this message: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my files on my computer is going corrupt how can i fixed this?