Windows 10: Corrupt files

Discus and support Corrupt files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting corrupt files when I run SFC scan that says some files cannot be repaired. I reset my pc and installed a clean version of Windows 10-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by verdiewilkinson, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Corrupt files

I keep getting corrupt files when I run SFC scan that says some files cannot be repaired. I reset my pc and installed a clean version of Windows 10- 18362.207 and it appeared to fix the problem but ran the SFC scan today and the problem has returned. I have not had this problem until I updated to Win 10. 18362.207. Can someone help me with this.

:)

verdiewilkinson, Jul 9, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jul 9, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Corrupt files

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Corrupt files

1. Corrupt files - Similar Threads - Corrupt files

2. weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped.

in Windows 10 Support
    weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped.: i have two main pc's. one is a z370 build and the other is a z97 build. both have a dual boot 7/10 os(10 is the 1809 build on both). i can run sfc/scannow on both 7 and 10 on my z370 and no integrity violations are found. on the z97 build if i run sfc/scannow on 7 it's fine...
  3. Getting error message from SFC for a corrupt file in Powershell 1.0 directory, but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting error message from SFC for a corrupt file in Powershell 1.0 directory, but...: I have been having some performance issues lately on a Windows 10 Pro PC and I had run SFC on the OS drive. Its log files turned up a number of files in windows\system32\windowspowershell\1.0 directory that it said were corrupt but could not be repaired. When I look at the...
  4. Some of my computer files are corrupted I need help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of my computer files are corrupted I need help!: I am using windows 10 and when I plug my headphones in nothing happens I have no sound at all. Also in the settings app I can't click on any of the options or type anything in the search bar, the cortana feature is frozen and won't let me type anything and Microsoft edge...
  5. Windows Defender corrupt files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender corrupt files: Hi I have been having issues with my Ethernet and someone from the community suggested that since the issue might be because of corrupt Windows defender files. Reasons it could be because of Windows defender: 1. When I navigate to Firewall & Network Protection I get 3...
  6. i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update: i have a corrupt .minecraft file, however i did a flat update to my laptop on which the corrupt file lives. im currently attempting to delete it and a backup id made before the update too. however when i attempt to delete em. i get Error 0X80070570. i need these file...
  7. Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.

Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.: Long Story Short: I had some issues with an application on Windows 7, (Error code 0xc0000005) and someone suggested me to reinstall my Windows or upgrade. (I was going to update to Windows 10 anyway so I thought this is a good reason.). Still, the error persists. The same...
  8. photo viewer crashing and corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo viewer crashing and corrupted files: i'm having problems with windows 10. the photo viewer keeps crashing. i ran sfc/scannow and it said that the pc has corrupted files that it wasn't able to repair. how can i fix this with out doing a reset or reinstall of windows? 136755
  9. photo viewer crashing and corrupted files

in Windows 10 Support
    photo viewer crashing and corrupted files: i'm having problems with windows 10. the photo viewer keeps crashing. i ran sfc/scannow and it said that the pc has corrupted files that it wasn't able to repair. how can i fix this with out doing a reset or reinstall of windows? 136755
  10. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them: I've been trying to fix this for a few days now. I've tried the DISM command that that failed as well. I have not been able to interpret the CBS file well enough to single out the exact file(s) that are corrupted. I've tried making sure my network driver is up to date and it....