Windows 10: Corrupt HDD + BitLocker + Data Recovery

Discus and support Corrupt HDD + BitLocker + Data Recovery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a BarraCuda 500GB 2.5 HDD. The HDD is failing. I checked with HD Tune Pro and it only gets about 2% error scan before it just fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JDubbedN, Jun 25, 2021.

1. JDubbedN Win User

Corrupt HDD + BitLocker + Data Recovery

Hey guys, I have a BarraCuda 500GB 2.5 HDD. The HDD is failing. I checked with HD Tune Pro and it only gets about 2% error scan before it just fails and won't scan anymore. Lots of damaged blocks. The HDD is encrypted with BitLocker. I have the 48 number key. The laptop where the HDD was installed in wouldn't boot. So I installed the HDD into another computer using an external enclosure using Windows 10. The HDD is recognized as a BitLocked drive and asks for the key. I insert the key and it is accepted. But from there Windows fails to load it and it just hangs and eventually says the drive needs to be formatted. I am trying to get any data off this drive. I have some questions. 1. How do I permanently remove BitLock from the drive once I unlock it? Or should I permanently remove BitLocker to have a higher chance of recovering data? 2. How does recovering data work on a BitLocked drive? 3. Is there a specific tool I should be using to recover data on a BitLocked drive? 4. When should I attempt to repair the drive? Before or after I unlock Bit? If anyone has a step by step guide I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

:)

JDubbedN, Jun 25, 2021

2. Bitlocker data Recovery

hi everyone i have trouble with my toshiba external hard disk that i have locked with bitlocker; i encrypted a toshiba HDD with windows 10 bitlocker, when i was decrypting(turnning off bitlocker) i have unplugged the hdd and plugged it in my new pc and scanned
    hdd with mcAfee antivirus and the antivirus deleted 7 of my files because virus.

then until now my hard disk is not accepting passowrd and recovery key,i'm pretty sure that my password and recovery key is correct i have tried most recovery apps but one of theme is not responding my answer

on of that recoveryes (M3 bitlocker data recovery) is reading my hdd datas but it asks product key and i don't have any product key or bank card to buy it.

i'm from afghanistan there is not available mastercard or any other card to order product key.

please help me and sorry for my bad english.

Zubair Ahmady, Jun 25, 2021
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jun 25, 2021
  4. hdjx Win User

Need data recovery help

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard

Hello,
    I suggest you use EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover files.

Download demo version: EaseUS® Download Center - Free Download Data Recovery Software, Todo Backup Software, Partition Manager

You can use "AdvancedRecovery" to scan your corrupted drive. After the scan is complete, the lost file will be displayed in Data Recovery Wizard, you can select them and recover them.
    NOTICE: never install in on the harddisk you want to recover.

Thema:

1. Corrupt HDD + BitLocker + Data Recovery - Similar Threads - Corrupt HDD BitLocker

2. BITLOCKER DATA RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITLOCKER DATA RECOVERY: I have a desktop hard drive and with windows 8 installed. No wifi or data connection. Hard Disk is of 250GB and have 3 partitions on it. Locked one partition by bitlocker using a password. I usually when turned on my computer, unlock the partition manually and when turn it...
  3. BITLOCKER DATA RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BITLOCKER DATA RECOVERY: I have a desktop hard drive and with windows 8 installed. No wifi or data connection. Hard Disk is of 250GB and have 3 partitions on it. Locked one partition by bitlocker using a password. I usually when turned on my computer, unlock the partition manually and when turn it...
  4. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  5. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  6. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

7. Internal hdd data recovery

Internal hdd data recovery: Hello guyz,My laptops motherboard went bad so a technician took it out and put it into a case type thing that converts internal to external hdd. He also showed all the files and drives are opening. But now when I opened in my other laptop with win 11. It showed shortcut virus...
  8. Internal hdd data recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hdd data recovery: Hello guyz,My laptops motherboard went bad so a technician took it out and put it into a case type thing that converts internal to external hdd. He also showed all the files and drives are opening. But now when I opened in my other laptop with win 11. It showed shortcut virus...
  9. What are the chances of BitLocker corrupting an HDD?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are the chances of BitLocker corrupting an HDD?: Hey, all. I have a 1 TB external USB 3.0 HDD that I use as a backup drive. I'm thinking of encrypting it using BitLocker (not sure which method I'm going to end up using). What are the chances of BitLocker corrupting the drive during encryption/decryption? Have any of you...
  10. BitLocker data protection is on but no keys - BitLocker recovery keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BitLocker data protection is on but no keys - BitLocker recovery keys: I had some hardware problem with my laptop and after being fixed I am asked for the BitLocker recovery key. I don't remember if I saved it somewhere. I am looking in the Microsoft account and I can see that the drives are marked as encrypted using BitLocker but I have no...