Windows 10: Corrupt icon without reinstalling windows?

Discus and support Corrupt icon without reinstalling windows? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do i fix corrupted icons some icons are just plain white in the start menu windows 10 how to fix these please ? without reinstalling windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oxlzlope, May 15, 2017.

1. Oxlzlope Win User

Corrupt icon without reinstalling windows?

how do i fix corrupted icons some icons are just plain white in the start menu windows 10 how to fix these please ? without reinstalling windows 10

is there any software? to reset all of this at once?

:)

Oxlzlope, May 15, 2017

2. App lost after moving to SD card - impossible to reinstall

After moving my HERE Maps app to SD card, the app disappeared on my phone. The live tile was still reserved but without icon. After removing the tile from the start screen, no sign of the app was left.

A reinstall from the store did not work since the store says the app is still installed...

How can I remove this corrupt app and reinstall it?

Thanks for your help!

bergwelten, May 15, 2017
  3. Nokia N9 - Mail app closes when pressing the folder icon

you could try doing a soft reset on the device see if that fixes it without having to reinstall the OS.

if you have any folders, they will all be reset to empty.

and all icons will be visible on the launcher screen.

settings/reset/restore settings

if this does not fix the corruption, then you may have to use NSU and reinstall the os, which will reinstall the OS, but leave your eMMC (MyDocs folder where all your pictures/videos/etc are stored) in tact.

you will just have to reinstall all your applications.

ceroberts75, May 15, 2017
  4. Oxlzlope Win User

Oxlzlope, May 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Corrupt icon without reinstalling windows? - Similar Threads - Corrupt icon without

2. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  3. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  4. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reinstall windows on corrupted WIN 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows on corrupted WIN 10 without losing data: Is there a way to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop without losing data because I tried to fix the mbr with no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-on-corrupted-win-10-without/0f900e30-f7db-4cd5-91df-d071e61c9cdf
  6. Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.: What i meen its to delete all files on pc without the windows files. submitted by /u/bmihai358 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/motdri/can_you_reinstal_windows_without_reinstaling/
  7. Reinstall Windows without logging in?

Reinstall Windows without logging in?: My computer is having horrible problems. Page fault in non-paged area irql not less or equal DRIVER IRQL not less or equal System thread exception not handled KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED There are also apparently some system files (and specifically System 32 files) that...
  8. corrupt icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupt icons: I have some legacy programs in a folder off the root whose icons have have become 'default' (a white rectangle). If I rename this folder, the icons magically reappear correctly. Rebuilding the icon cache does not fix the problem! There are more than just five executable...
  9. Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?

Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?: I have an SSD that I use to install any and all programs that let me choose the install location. Is there any way I don't have to reinstall those programs? or would I have to, so that keys are made in the registry? If I still have to reinstall all my programs, could I just...
  10. Icon corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon corruption: Hi, I have a friend who recently upgraded from W8.1 to W10 on an HP laptop. There's been a few glitches since the upgrade; one of which is some icon corruption. Some image files on the desktop that seemed to be fixed by copying and pasting the files and deleting the...