Windows 10: corrupt jpg file. cant open

Discus and support corrupt jpg file. cant open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi team, I have transferred photos and videos from my phone to laptop.. I cannot open them and jpg is corrupt i think.. jpg size is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Priya234, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Priya234 Win User

corrupt jpg file. cant open

Hi team,

I have transferred photos and videos from my phone to laptop.. I cannot open them and jpg is corrupt i think.. jpg size is shown as16gb..

:)

Priya234, Oct 25, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Corrupted file RAR

I dl files via a p2p network. When I open them via WinRar,it gives me an error message that the file cannot be opened as it is corrupted( do not recollect the exact wordings). Is there a way to correct/repair this. It is at times frustrating to find that a file is corrupted esp when the size is a few 100 Mb or more and has taken some time to dl !!

Is there a way to find if a file is corrupted in advance ??

Thx in advance.

JustinWalt, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

1. corrupt jpg file. cant open - Similar Threads - corrupt jpg file

2. .jpg file pictures corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jpg file pictures corrupt: Some of my pictures are corrupt. I can't see the pictures. The error message tells me that the .jpg is not supported. This is only happening with one file folder. Anyway to fix it?...
  3. jpg file not open

jpg file not open: when I open the JPG file that it show the error "It appear that we don't support this file format" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-file-not-open/95f60993-27de-4d6b-921a-cc7e048a516c
  4. JPG file won't open

JPG file won't open: When I click to open a J-pg file, I get an error message saying" it can't open this file."How do I open it? * Moved from Education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-file-wont-open/6698131b-ab10-4ef0-9a90-97b7295f87f2"
  5. not open jpg file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not open jpg file: package failed updates dependency or conflict validation messege show when jpg file open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-jpg-file/bae427ee-1750-4225-91c1-ce391fc9983f
  6. can't open jpg file

can't open jpg file: I am not able to open a jpeg/jpg file in win 10 system which I have bought earlier while I was doing the same with the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-jpg-file/e6289ee6-ced8-44c6-807c-cddbb70db2ec"
  7. JPG files won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JPG files won't open: I updated my computer based on your recent push on July 11, 2018. Since I did the update, I cannot open my jpg files. I keep receiving "File Error (-2147219196). I've attempted to restore it to the last restore point on July 9, 2018. However this does not fix the problem....
  8. Error in opening .jpg file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in opening .jpg file: hi sir, i m getting error during opening .jpg file. please help me to resolve error screen shot is below[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/error-in-opening-jpg-file/915201d2-a9a9-47f0-91a9-1c8a6dc85a89
  9. Opening JPG files?

in Browsers and Email
    Opening JPG files?: He guys! Just wondering if you can program windows to open up JPG image files via the Edge Browser? 14761
  10. How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption: I have a collection of JPG files and when trying to open those old JPG files, I find corrupted ones in them. It is always very disappointing but I have no idea how and when they happened. The storage media is 1TB SSD (Samsung 850 Pro-MZ-7KE1T). My question is if there is...