Windows 10: Corrupt Personal Folder

Discus and support Corrupt Personal Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, Some strange things have been occurring in my personal folder: -files have begun to show up, ntuser.dat, pacekeychain (I have an iLok... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gfd, May 26, 2019.

1. GFD
    gfd Win User

Corrupt Personal Folder

Greetings,

Some strange things have been occurring in my personal folder:

-files have begun to show up, ntuser.dat, pacekeychain (I have an iLok account). I should point out that I have my folder properties set to show hidden files and folders. But why are theses files in the personal folder

-my external data drive is showing in the personal folder. When I open the location tab in properties and click Default, the address is C:\myUser\Contacts. There is no contacts folder showing in the personal folder. I didn't want to click on the default button as There is more data and programs in this drive than the capacity of my system drive.

It must be something I did, but it is a bit weird. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    Graham

:)

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Corrupt Personal Folder :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, May 26, 2019
  3. Florio Win User
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, May 26, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Corrupt Personal Folder

My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Corrupt Personal Folder

1. Corrupt Personal Folder - Similar Threads - Corrupt Personal Folder

2. Personal Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Folder: Is the Personal Folder set up only for the email setting or can I use this folder system for any other folders on my desktop?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-folder/6ef2e31e-fb7b-47c5-a773-a0ce6d00bd4c
  3. Personal Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Folder: Is the Personal Folder set up only for the email setting or can I use this folder system for any other folders on my desktop?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-folder/6ef2e31e-fb7b-47c5-a773-a0ce6d00bd4c
  4. Onedrive Folder Corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onedrive Folder Corrupted: [ATTACH] I Cannot Delete Onedrive. Because This. Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-folder-corrupted/400df75f-5437-4aae-9f86-63b2d6770b37
  5. Delete corrupt folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete corrupt folders: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  6. personalizing folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    personalizing folders: windows 10 version 1909. In earlier versions of Windows (please don't ask which ones, I don't remember), it was possible to change the file explorer background to an image, either from your computer or from a website. Windows 10 offers plain black or plain white. Any ideas...
  7. Corrupted Appdata folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Appdata folder?: A couple of days back I had decided to uncheck the "hidden box" for the appdata folder within my user folder, applying the attribute to files also. I have done this before on previous computers however when restarting my laptop after outlook wasn't loading up, the majority of...
  8. Personal video folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal video folders: Hello All! Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. I recently combined all my home movie files into one folder on a network attached drive. I can browse and play all of the videos from file explorer "mapped drive M:". I decided to add the folder to the new Movies and TV app, but...
  9. Corrupt documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt documents folder: I turned on file history. I must have chosen the Documents folder as the network location... This Documents folder was 48 GB.Now it's 816 GB. : 1TB HD space is nil. Should I create a new user to fix it? Or run restore, and re-install all my Programs? Is there a different...
  10. Corrupted drive folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted drive folders: I recently updated my Lenovo Thinkpad and realized the audio and visual capability was not functioning. After many different attempts, I still have not found fix. Troubleshooting only reveals that I have the best drivers available but no input or output devices are found....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is pacekeychain