Windows 10: corrupt PST troubleshooting

Discus and support corrupt PST troubleshooting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Outlook 2013 The corrupt PST file sits on the desktop The PST file has attribute "A1" The PST file has security permission "everyone" "everyone"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by redeyegreeneye, Jul 15, 2015.

1. corrupt PST troubleshooting

Outlook 2013
    The corrupt PST file sits on the desktop
    The PST file has attribute "A1"
    The PST file has security permission "everyone"
    "everyone" has full control.
    "everyone" has effective access.
    "everyone" inherits nothing.

The files within the PST are visible but cannot be moved to another PST
    The files within the PST can be moved to different folders within the same PST.
    The files within the PST can be successfully opened and replied to from the corrupt PST.
    The files within the PST can be successfully forwarded or deleted within the corrupt PST.
    The PST cannot be exported.
    When attempting to move a file from the corrupt PST to a different PST, the error message, “Cannot move the items” appears.

When attempting to move a folder, a different error message appears suggesting a top-level folder cannot be moved to one of its subfolders.

Appreciate any tips or tricks !

*Smile Mick

:)

redeyegreeneye, Jul 15, 2015

2. Contacts and calendar items missing Outlook 2007/ActiveSync 4.5/Cingular 3125/XP SP2

It seems to me that your pst file is corrupt. Try creating a new one and import the data from the old pst file. You will probably need to export the data from the actual pst file to a csv file for example.

Linley Meslier, Jul 15, 2015
  3. help - stymied with ActiveSync 4.5 error code 0x80070018

This sounds like a Outlook 2003 close to full pst or corrupt pst file which is transfering to your device. Run scanpst on your local box and have it fix the errors. Depending on how big your pst file is will depend on how long that takes. The
    error code you have is generic which means that something is not transfer correctly to your device (ie: corrupt data) and the device does not know what to do.

kermitfla3640, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

corrupt PST troubleshooting

1. corrupt PST troubleshooting - Similar Threads - corrupt PST troubleshooting

2. Need help troubleshooting camera roll corruption.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help troubleshooting camera roll corruption.: So I recently encountered an error in my pc where all of my photos and files have been (what I assume) corrupted. Even when I got into the camera app the live playback from my camera has corruption effect where everything is very bright blue and white. Despite this when I use...
  3. PST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PST: HOW DO I OPEN .PST FILE ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst/5cb0f141-91de-4310-8425-bb2860101953
  4. .pst file problem

.pst file problem: Hi, I have .pst files that I have but it can't open it with Microsoft Mail... Is it normal and how can I use my .pst files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-file-problem/673a801a-b22d-43cb-a4be-ad80e343af19
  5. PST Question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    PST Question: I am running MS office 2019 and using the Outlook included in it. After a crash I thought I lost all my PST files , but I have discovered that I had backed them up just prior to the.pc crashing. Can I bring these pst files into Win10 and Outlook 2019 and merge them into...
  6. PST files.

PST files.: Can I open an old PST Outlook file from Office Professions 2016's Outlook app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-files/39e1ead4-b0b7-49f7-b1b0-9b6fd96fa979"
  7. Best PST Repair Software to Recover Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best PST Repair Software to Recover Corrupted Files: PST file is an Outlook data file and it is sensitive towards corruption and when it got severely corrupt and becomes near to impossible to recover even inbox repair tool fails to recover that corruption. in this situation, PST repair tool needed that is very effective towards...
  8. .pst files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .pst files: I was trying to move folders from the document folder to a flash drive, and I screwed it up as usual. Out of nowhere appeared a massive file labeled as an "outlook .pst" file in the document folder. I don't even use outlook, so what is it and should I delete it?...
  9. Recover lost PST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover lost PST: Hello i have recently migrated my PC from windows 7 to windows 10 and while in the process i have lost all my desktop data which includes my PST files also. can you please guide me on how to recover my lost files from system....
  10. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...