Windows 10: Corrupt search icon in explorer windows

Discus and support Corrupt search icon in explorer windows in Cortana to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 x64 version 1909. In the search box at the top right of all windows explorer windows, the magnifying glass icon has been... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Παναγιώτης Γεωργόπουλος, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Corrupt search icon in explorer windows

I am running windows 10 x64 version 1909.

In the search box at the top right of all windows explorer windows, the magnifying glass icon has been replaced by an empty square icon. When I click in the search box, the magnifying glass is restored, but when I click anywhere else it becomes a square again. How do I fix this?

PS: I have tried sfc and dism with no effect.

Corrupt search icon in explorer windows f041854c-7fe9-4be1-a39f-bdbd628be0e1?upload=true.png

:)

Παναγιώτης Γεωργόπουλος, Nov 9, 2019

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Nov 9, 2019
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Corrupt search icon in explorer windows

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Corrupt search icon in explorer windows

1. Corrupt search icon in explorer windows - Similar Threads - Corrupt search icon

2. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  3. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  4. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing icon in File Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing icon in File Explorer search bar: I'm at my wits' end here - for the longest time I've had this problem where there's a square in place of the magnifier icon in the search bar in File Explorer. There's barely any threads about this bug online - the only one I found mentioned resetting default font...
  6. Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work.

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work.: Hi. I'm a Windows 10 user version 20H2, with AMD Radeon / Ryzen graphics and the manufacturer is Lenovo. Since 1 or 1 and a half months ago, my Windows Explorer lost it's icon and wont work when i searched it in Windows Search. Can you please help this issue? It is Windows...
  7. Searching in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching in Windows explorer: Hello guys, I have a question about the behaviour of the windows explorer search. On my two personal computers when I open a folder which contains many other folders, I can press the button, for example, "r" to jump to the first folder that begins with the letter "r". I like...
  8. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  9. corrupt icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupt icons: I have some legacy programs in a folder off the root whose icons have have become 'default' (a white rectangle). If I rename this folder, the icons magically reappear correctly. Rebuilding the icon cache does not fix the problem! There are more than just five executable...
  10. Icon corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon corruption: Hi, I have a friend who recently upgraded from W8.1 to W10 on an HP laptop. There's been a few glitches since the upgrade; one of which is some icon corruption. Some image files on the desktop that seemed to be fixed by copying and pasting the files and deleting the...