Windows 10: Corrupt Settings

Discus and support Corrupt Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just installed build 14901 on laptop, and now Settings no longer works. It appears on screen for about 10 seconds and then just disappears. It even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ukbadge, Aug 17, 2016.

1. ukbadge Win User

Corrupt Settings

Just installed build 14901 on laptop, and now Settings no longer works. It appears on screen for about 10 seconds and then just disappears. It even prevents me from going back to a previous build. Even the 'get started' icons have gone.

Other than that, the laptop works absolutely fine.

Should I leave it until the next build or is there another way to go back.

Thanks in advance.

:)

ukbadge, Aug 17, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Character set corrupt

30 years and never used the numeric keypad? Amazing!

The OP is using a laptop.

JimWynne, Aug 17, 2016
  3. GeoWard1 Win User
    Character set corrupt

That's fixed it. Over 30 years of computer use and I've not had that happen before. Many thanks.

GeoWard1, Aug 17, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Corrupt Settings

Go to Start/Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing or corrupted system files.

spunk, Aug 17, 2016
  5. Dropbox Win User
    It can also be helpfull to get the logfile of the sfc /scannow. See the steps after you did a scan.

Please open an elevated command prompt.
    When you have the command promt open please enter the following command:
    sfc /scannow and press enter.
    After the scan is 100% and the scan did repair files please restart your computer.

Please re-open an elevated command prompt and enter the following command:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

The cbs.log file will be posted on the Desktop as the current user, named sfcdetails.txt. Please attach this file in your next post.

Note: You can also copy/paste the commands to make it easier.

Dropbox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt Settings

1. Corrupt Settings - Similar Threads - Corrupt Settings

2. Windows 10 stuck in a blue screen boot cycle after network settings got corrupt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck in a blue screen boot cycle after network settings got corrupt.: This is a bit long, but I'll try to keep it as short as I can while being very detailed. I have a Dell Inspiron 15-3552 for 6 years, and I've noticed that as the years go by, the slower the PC gets. Currently I have a battery problem; it doesn't hold charge for more than an...
  3. Windows 10 stuck in a blue screen boot cycle after network settings got corrupt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck in a blue screen boot cycle after network settings got corrupt.: This is a bit long, but I'll try to keep it as short as I can while being very detailed. I have a Dell Inspiron 15-3552 for 6 years, and I've noticed that as the years go by, the slower the PC gets. Currently I have a battery problem; it doesn't hold charge for more than an...
  4. Windows 10 stuck in a blue screen boot cycle after network settings got corrupt.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Corrupted printer settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted printer settings: Checking the print form settings I noticed there wasn't a form size for the standard copy paper that we were using for the printer shouldn't this come default on any computer after creating the form the next time I went to check it and it was changed this happened multiple...
  6. Corrupted printer settings

Corrupted printer settings: Checking the print form settings I noticed there wasn't a form size for the standard copy paper that we were using for the printer shouldn't this come default on any computer after creating the form the next time I went to check it and it was changed this happened multiple...
  7. Corrupted printer settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I installed a new update for windows 10 and it corrupted the search bar and settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed a new update for windows 10 and it corrupted the search bar and settings...: So I installed a new update for windows 10 and it corrupted some parts of my computer, such as the windows tab, search bar, and settings. Whenever i try to open one of these it just says "class not registered". This stuff also happens with other apps like Spotify and Nvidia...
  9. I installed a new update for windows 10 and it corrupted the search bar and settings...

I installed a new update for windows 10 and it corrupted the search bar and settings...: So I installed a new update for windows 10 and it corrupted some parts of my computer, such as the windows tab, search bar, and settings. Whenever i try to open one of these it just says "class not registered". This stuff also happens with other apps like Spotify and Nvidia...
  10. I installed a new update for windows 10 and it corrupted the search bar and settings...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade