Windows 10: Corrupt System Files

Discus and support Corrupt System Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Need help how to fix corrupted files on windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HappyVirus_WP, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Corrupt System Files

Need help how to fix corrupted files on windows

:)

HappyVirus_WP, Sep 25, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Sep 25, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Corrupt System Files

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Corrupt System Files

1. Corrupt System Files - Similar Threads - Corrupt System Files

2. Corrupted system files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted system files: Hello, i have recently fallen into a problem with my windows 10 operating system. It all started when i wanted to factory reset my windows, because i had problems with windows updates, it always reverted the changes. I started the factory reset process, but that didnt work...
  3. System file corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System file corrupted: how to reinstall WINNET.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-file-corrupted/3798dd57-3e78-48ba-8977-7fa973e634e2
  4. System corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System corrupted files: can anyone help me my pc keep showing this error message "The application was unable to start corrrectly 0x c00000050" i tried using sfc and dism but the corrupted file cant fix by those two...
  5. System Files Corrupt

System Files Corrupt: at very first it was a power cut during which no file writing task was happening and after that windows boot into automatic recovery and then into something what looked similar to CHKDSK /f note :i recently tried a unsuccessful*1,look at bottom install of MYSQL 5.1.33which...
  6. Corrupt system files

Corrupt system files: How do i fix offline corrupted files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-system-files/8c02b92f-706b-4dbb-aed9-335c1198172e
  7. Corrupted System Files

Corrupted System Files: Windows version: 1909 10.0.18363.836 System language is Czech, applications' language is English US Story: Got a transient error notification message while gaming, it asked me if I want to fix it, I had clicked yes, closed every running program and waited for some time....
  8. Corrupt system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt system files: I ran sfc \scannow and it found corrupt system files but could not repair all of them. How can I get the other corrupt files repaired. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-system-files/db466317-c856-4ed5-af3b-e423e81e98da"
  9. Corrupted system files????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted system files????: I use windows 10 on hp laptop and yesterday when I went to shut it down it said it was updating. When I turned it on today, it started the setup with cortana assist where you put in your country and keyboard information.... It has the option 'or even better, use an online...
  10. Corrupted System Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted System Files: Hi Microsoft, how can I fix corrupted system files? please help. seems like the commands I got didn't work out tho[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-system-files/70851cc4-93f2-4517-b107-6c6552d5c9cc"